PAF Back To Supersonic Age :

Sea Eagle

Manila : It seems like PAF is going back to supersonic age with South Korean Jets.

The department of National Defense on friday completed negotiations with Korean aerospace company for 50 lead in fighter trainer, bringing Philippines military a step closer to supersonic age.

"I will say that yes, we can now boast a little about our capability. I will not be ashamed to accept -> That we are back to supersonic age." Defense undersecratory Fernando Manalo, A retired PAF general said.

Manalo said FA-50s are "not just ordinary lead in fighter because it can deliver short range missiles. Their is a potential for these to be classified as beyond the short range fighter aircraft."

-->> Limited Capabilities :
It has the quality (of a fighter aircraft) has defense weapons. It is in supersonic regime. It can carry PGMs and AIM-9 A2A missile" said Col. Ernesto Miguel O bol, an F-5 pilot

fzaq

not yet. not until the birds are delivered

sob

Mod
Country flag
IMO too long have the Philippines relied on the US umbrella and now with the Americans showing a reluctance to take on a belligerent PRC, it is high time that the Philippine Govt. take immediate steps to boost their Armed Forces.

They should invest in good radars and SAM battery to deter the PRC expansion. Rest of the fancy and expensive toys can come at a later date.

Sea Eagle

IMO too long have the Philippines relied on the US umbrella and now with the Americans showing a reluctance to take on a belligerent PRC, it is high time that the Philippine Govt. take immediate steps to boost their Armed Forces.

They should invest in good radars and SAM battery to deter the PRC expansion. Rest of the fancy and expensive toys can come at a later date.
Yup.. They got the worst military in ASEAN

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
@fzaq Perhaps your country's air force may look into India's home-built LCA Tejas fighter (for new future procurements) which I think will be cheaper.

LINK: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Tejas"Ž

India's Akash SAM is also good.

LINK: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akash_(missile)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zero_Wing

@fzaq Perhaps your country's air force may look into India's home-built LCA Tejas fighter (for new future procurements) which I think will be cheaper.

LINK: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Tejas"Ž

India's Akash SAM is also good.

LINK: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akash_(missile)
You guys are still testing the Tejas right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles