P-8I maritime patrol aircraft

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
I can never stop laughing at the British over Nimrod. They had spent billions on their own indigenous MPA half way through construction just to scrap their domestic industry to buy this.
The Britshit Labour Government loves to Shit all over there own Domestic Defense industries buy American. They have destroyed or Neglected many of there own companies causing some to Collapse and others to combine just in order to survive.

abhay rajput

Country flag

They are cutting the Additional Planes from 10 to Just 6 now. We should have strong maritime Reconnaissance and Patrol Fleet with increasing threat from the Commie Chinese Subs but Indian MoD Shitting all over it by cutting down the Aircraft made for the Navy.
It is good we should also have submarines. Remember that all of our submarines are old and require replacement , all of them. We are only adding 6 submarines, while Pakistani are getting 8 new submarines from China.

Knowitall

6 from the current Kaveri class 6 more from project-75i, 6 nuclear attack submarines in the making. 4 arihant class submarines and 4-6 next gen ballistic missile submarines in the planning and we can surely except a few more conventional subs.

Also there has been no trimming we will probably order more p-8i all the current orders will take a lot of time to complete we will probably build more infrastructure to support them and then order a few more just like the previous time.

vampyrbladez

Country flag

abingdonboy

Country flag

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
US Navy To Greatly Expand P-8 Poseidon's Mission With New Missiles, Mines, Bombs, And Decoys

The U.S. Navy says that it is interested in dramatically expanding the arsenal of weapons that its P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft are capable of carrying. The service says that it wants to start by integrating the AGM-158C Long Range Anti-Ship Missile, or LRASM, on the planes, but then potentially move on to add various air-launched naval mines, precision-guided bombs, and the Miniature Air Launched Decoy, or MALD, to the available loadout options. There has been a debate within the Navy for years about giving the P-8As the ability to employ more types of munitions and other stores, which could turn these aircraft into arsenal ships of sorts capable of performing missions beyond anti-submarine, anti-surface warfare, and search and rescue, something The War Zonehas been following for years now.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...sion-with-new-missiles-mines-bombs-and-decoys

Prashant12

Country flag
Starting April, Navy to induct 4 more P8I reconnaissance aircrafts

NEW DELHI: The Navy’s P8I long-range maritime reconnaissance aircraft had played an important role in gathering intelligence on Pakistani military deployments and keeping India’s western seaboard safe after the Pulwama attack last year.

More than a year later, the navy will be inducting more such aircraft, boosting its capability to conduct sustained surveillance and anti-ship and submarine preparedness in the Indian Ocean Region.

According to officials, from April the navy will begin inducting four P8I aircraft worth $1.1b, orders for which were placed in 2016.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...nnaissance-aircrafts/articleshow/74165079.cms

WolfPack86

Country flag
More firepower for Indian Navy! To receive another P-8I this summer
The aircraft which are coming through the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) route is part of the follow on order the Indian Navy had placed and the delivery of the four aircraft will be finished by January 2022.

To be spread over 22 months, the Indian Navy gets ready to receive the first of the four P-8I long-range maritime reconnaissance Anti-Submarine Warfare aircraft in May. These aircraft are the world’s best for surveillance with state-of-the-art equipment and capabilities. These aircraft are presently providing the Indian Navy reach and flexibility in undertaking extensive surveillance.

The aircraft which are coming through the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) route is part of the follow on order the Indian Navy had placed and the delivery of the four aircraft will be finished by January 2022.

A senior naval officer told Financial Express Online “The aircraft which is arriving this summer will be heading towards Goa and the others will be spread across all bases including Port Blair and/or Vizag by 2022.”

As has been reported earlier by the Financial Express Online, through a $ 2.2 billion deal which was signed in 2009, the Indian Navy has already received and inducted eight of these aircraft. According to the agreement between the two sides, there was a provision for a follow-on order. This was exercised in 2016 when the Indian Navy ordered four P-8I worth around $ one billion.

In line with the foundational agreement Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) India has concluded with the US in 2018, there are plans to install encrypted communication systems on the earlier ones.

What does the US-based Boeing Company say?

According to the company the Indian Navy is presently operating a fleet of eight P-8Is with four more on order. Under the contract signed, the first of the four aircraft of the follow on order will be delivered in mid-2020.

Since their induction in 2015, the eight aircraft has surpassed close to 25,000 flight hours and demonstrated an excellent record in supporting the missions they have been deployed for.

Where are the eight P-8i aircraft located?

These are located at based at Arakkonam in Tamil Nadu and are part of the 312A Naval Air Squadron.

India is looking for more

Last winter the Defence Acquisition Council had given its approval for the buying of six additional P-8I aircraft. The deal was expected to be concluded during the recent visit of the US President Donald Trump, however, is now expected to be closed at a later date. These six whenever they come will be fitted with the encrypted systems.

These aircraft have been customised for the Indian Navy and comes with unique features and also have onboard made in India sub-systems and these have been tailored to meet India’s maritime patrol requirements.

According to the US-based Boeing Company, the aircraft is the military derivative of the Next-Generation 737-800 – and it is a combination of superior performance. There is an advanced mission system to help in ensuring maximum interoperability in the future battlespace.

First international customer

When it signed the contract in 2009, the Indian Navy became the first international customer for this long-range maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft.
https://www.defencenews.in/article/...y!-To-receive-another-P-8I-this-summer-809778

Gessler

Country flag
US P8 carry a special kind of Radar Bar type on few P8 . Hope we also get these in future P8i Purchases

View attachment 40381
It's the Advanced Airborne Sensor (AAS) radar suite from Raytheon.

The American P-8A lacks the APS-143(v)3 OceanEye SAR/ISAR radar carried by Indian P-8I version internally. The APS-143 performs some functions of the AAS, though it's nowhere as good and its capability set is nowhere as vast as AAS.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
FIGHTING CORONA ON LAND, INDIAN NAVY TRACKS PAKISTANI, CHINESE NAVY MOVEMENTS IN SEAS

New Delhi : Even as it is supporting the fight against Coronovirus on land, the Indian Navy is maintaining a Hawkeye in the Indian Ocean Region as it tracked Pakistani and Chinese Navy movements separately.

Indian Navy sources told ANI that the mission deployed warships of the Indian Navy are continuing extrusive surveillance from the Red Sea to Malacca Strait.

“During this surveillance, the Navy warships tracked newly-commissioned Pakistan Navy ship PNS Yarmook which was coming from Romania through the Red Sea to Karachi,” they said.

The Pakistan Navy warship was continuously tracked by the Indian Navy warships which are deployed in Operation Sankalp near the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Aden for anti-piracy operations.

The Indian Navy warships deployed in the Indian Ocean Region also tracked a Chinese Navy Y901 class warship, which is a tanker.

The Indian Navy frequently uses its warships and maritime surveillance aircraft such as the P-8I anti-submarine warfare aircraft for keeping an eye on the Chinese Navy movements in the waters close to India.

The Chinese Navy tanker was tracked by our ships as soon as it entered the area through the Malacca Straits, the Navy sources said.

The Indian Navy has been tracking the movements of Chinese Navy vessels including its nuclear and conventional submarines, warships and tankers which frequent the Indian Ocean regularly in the name of anti-piracy patrols.

For battling Coronovirus on land, the Indian Navy has set up quarantine centres as different places and a number of evacuees from Iran had come to its quarantine facility in Mumbai. (ANI)

https://www.newslivetv.com/top-news...cks-pakistani-chinese-navy-movements-in-seas/

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's the Advanced Airborne Sensor (AAS) radar suite from Raytheon.

The American P-8A lacks the APS-143(v)3 OceanEye SAR/ISAR radar carried by Indian P-8I version internally. The APS-143 performs some functions of the AAS, though it's nowhere as good and its capability set is nowhere as vast as AAS.
Are we going to get this in the new 6 batches?

abhay rajput

Country flag
The U.S. Navy awarded Boeing [NYSE: BA] a $1.5 billion production contract for the next 18 P-8A Poseidon aircraft. The contract includes eight aircraft for the U.S. Navy, six aircraft for the Republic of Korea Navy and four aircraft for the Royal New Zealand Air Force.

The Republic of Korea Navy and Royal New Zealand Air Force acquired the aircraft through the Foreign Military Sales process and will receive the same P-8A Poseidon variant designed and produced for the U.S. Navy. The Royal New Zealand Air Force is expected to begin receiving aircraft in 2022 and the Republic of Korea Navy is expected to begin receiving aircraft in 2023.

The P-8 is a proven long-range multi-mission maritime patrol aircraft capable of broad-area, maritime and littoral operations. A military derivative of the Boeing 737 Next-Generation airplane, the P-8 combines superior performance and reliability with an advanced mission system that ensures maximum interoperability in the battle space.

The P-8 is militarized with maritime weapons, a modern open mission system architecture and commercial-like support for affordability. The aircraft is modified to include a bomb bay and pylons for weapons. It has two weapons stations on each wing and can carry 129 sonobuoys. The aircraft is also fitted with an in-flight refueling system.

With more than 254,000 flight hours to date, the P-8A Poseidon and P-8I variants patrol the globe performing anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; humanitarian; and search and rescue missions.
https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2020-0...-Billion-P-8A-Poseidon-Contract-From-U-S-Navy

What the hell is with the price....?????

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The U.S. Navy awarded Boeing [NYSE: BA] a $1.5 billion production contract for the next 18 P-8A Poseidon aircraft. The contract includes eight aircraft for the U.S. Navy, six aircraft for the Republic of Korea Navy and four aircraft for the Royal New Zealand Air Force.

The Republic of Korea Navy and Royal New Zealand Air Force acquired the aircraft through the Foreign Military Sales process and will receive the same P-8A Poseidon variant designed and produced for the U.S. Navy. The Royal New Zealand Air Force is expected to begin receiving aircraft in 2022 and the Republic of Korea Navy is expected to begin receiving aircraft in 2023.

The P-8 is a proven long-range multi-mission maritime patrol aircraft capable of broad-area, maritime and littoral operations. A military derivative of the Boeing 737 Next-Generation airplane, the P-8 combines superior performance and reliability with an advanced mission system that ensures maximum interoperability in the battle space.

The P-8 is militarized with maritime weapons, a modern open mission system architecture and commercial-like support for affordability. The aircraft is modified to include a bomb bay and pylons for weapons. It has two weapons stations on each wing and can carry 129 sonobuoys. The aircraft is also fitted with an in-flight refueling system.

With more than 254,000 flight hours to date, the P-8A Poseidon and P-8I variants patrol the globe performing anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; humanitarian; and search and rescue missions.
https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2020-0...-Billion-P-8A-Poseidon-Contract-From-U-S-Navy

What the hell is with the price....?????
1.8 billion for 18 pieces, its so cheep. How much we are paying for four aircrafts?

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The last order was in 2016 for 4 aircraft at the cost of 1 billion dollars
Why they are charging us exorbitantly, saw this with c17 too. USA has charged very less from australians on c17.i think they are miliking us.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles