P-8I maritime patrol aircraft

ramakrishna

Hi , I hope i already asked the same question but i haven't got exact replies for that , I want to Know the major Differences in Indian Version P-8 and United states P-8 :confused:

P-8 is such a prestigious project US Navy has made its presence with P-8A along with other Air crafts at Dubai Air Show 2013 , Then why Indian P-8I has not been taken to show..

Please if any one have a clear comparison of P-8I Vs P-8A .. People who want an Over view about P-8A can see this

P-8A Poseidon Maritime Surveillance Aircraft - Naval Technology

nirranj

Country flag
Weapons Testing From Indian Navy's Boeing P-8I Maritime Surveillance Aircraft

so this plane can be used as a bomber?? the last few secs of this video shows four bombs or rockets dropped by the aircraft,

Last edited by a moderator:

ramakrishna

I think I have asked the same question earlier... Both Indian Navy and US Navy has own versions of P8 Manufactured by Boeing ,

P -8I ~ India
P 8A ~ US

US Navy has given Main Priority for P 8A at Dubai Air Show in Q4 of 2014 , But Indian Version of Poseidon has not much give as P 8A..

Here i want to know that are there any Major differences in both of this...

Few details about P 8A : P-8A Poseidon Maritime Surveillance Aircraft - Naval Technology

ramakrishna

Twinblade

Country flag
I have read an article which covered the capabilities, working functionality and Working fields of Boeing P-8 Poseidon, but its about and American version of i.e, P-8A...

The P-8 Poseidon adventure: Delivering a new-era of maritime aircraft - Naval Technology

I have been asking a question what are the major differences between Indian Version and American Version of P-8 Poseidon... Hope some one will give answer after reading this
P-8I has magnetic anomaly detector as on P-3 and Bears. P-8A will not carry M.A.D. Basically USN is doing away with the low altitude tactics, hence they do not consider M.A.D a necessity while Indian navy would be operating very close to the coast, hence the loss of range due to low altitude tactics would not matter.
Apart from this, the communication suite and data links would be different. The radar might be a downgraded export variant.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Indian Navy Boeing P-8I Neptune on final for runway 16L at PAE during a test flight bounce between Snohomish County / Paine Field and BFI. This is the Indian Navy's fifth P-8. Will be IN324 in service.

Photo Date: April 18, 2014

Thanks to Jaysen F. Snow

LalTopi

Indian Navy Boeing P-8I Neptune on final for runway 16L at PAE during a test flight bounce between Snohomish County / Paine Field and BFI. This is the Indian Navy's fifth P-8. Will be IN324 in service.

Photo Date: April 18, 2014

Thanks to Jaysen F. Snow

missed number 4. when did that come?

dealwithit

Fourth P-8I maritime patrol aircraft delivered to India
Boeing has delivered the fourth P-8I maritime patrol aircraft to India, which the aviation company described as a milestone.

In all India has placed orders for eight P-8I maritime aircraft.

The latest state-of-the-art maritime patrol aircraft departed from Boeing Field in Seattle and arrived May 21 at Naval Air Station Rajali.

"This marks an important milestone — the halfway-point for P-8I deliveries to India," Dennis Swanson, BDS vice president in India, on Saturday said.

"The programme's success in the past year is really a testament to the great work between Boeing, the Indian Navy and industry," he said in a release.

Based on the company's Next-Generation 737 commercial airplane, the P-8I is the Indian Navy variant of the P-8A Poseidon that Boeing has developed for the US Navy.

"The Indian Navy is putting the first three P-8Is through their paces operationally, and the P-8I delivered today will begin flight trials in the coming months," Leland Wight, Boeing P-8I programme manager, said.

The P-8I incorporates not only India-unique design features, but also India-built subsystems that are tailored to the country's maritime patrol requirements, Boeing said.

In order to efficiently design and build the P-8I and the P-8A, the Boeing-led team is using a first-in-industry, in-line production process that draws on its Next-Generation 737 production system, the statement said.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/fourth-p8i-maritime-patrol-aircraft-delivered-to-india/article6043823.ece?homepage=true

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Astrium imagery Satellite imagery dated March 19. Indian naval air station INS Rajali

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles