Overseas Indian embassies completely inept in protecting Indians

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Overseas Indian embassies completely inept in protecting Indians

8ak note: Unlike the US and British embassies, overseas Indian embassies are clueless and completely inept at protecting Indian citizens. Take the case of the Indian sailors who were falsely implicated in an oil spill in South Korea and kept under inhumane conditions (PTI article). See the earlier article "Indians are slaves in Dubai" where in 2005 alone the Indian embassy registered 971 deaths, most of them labour dying in subhuman conditions.

8ak - Indian Defence News: Overseas Indian embassies completely inept in protecting Indians

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
We were kept in inhuman conditions: Indian sailors

Mumbai, Jun 14 (PTI) The two Indian sailors, who returned home today after 18 months of detention in South Korea, said they were kept in "inhuman conditions" and received no help from Indian Consulate.
"We were kept in inhuman conditions - rooms which were smaller than bathrooms," Capt Jasprit Chawla told reporters here.

Chawla and Chief Engineer Syam Chetan returned home this evening after the South Korean Supreme Court exonerated them from the charges of destruction of a ship and the barge, which resulted in marine collision, affecting marine life and livelihood of many.

Chawla and Chetan, who were working with the ship Hebei Spirit and were imprisoned for a year in South Korea before being granted conditional bail in January, still carry a guilty charge for marine pollution. A financial penalty would be levied for this at a future date.

A crane barge owned by Samsung Heavy Industries collided with the crude carrier, Spirit, spilling 10,000 tonnes (one million litres) of oil in the sea.

"These 18 months were the worst part of my life. I thought I will not come back home again," Chawla said.

"We were interrogated for full day and asked the same question again and again. We had difficulty in understanding the Koraen language," he said.

When we contacted the Indian Consulate asking for help, no one turned up to meet us, Chawla said. PTI

We were kept in inhuman conditions: Indian sailors

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Indians are Slaves in Dubai & Middle East

10 Apr 2009 Independent UK: A Human Rights Watch study found there is a "cover-up of the true extent" of deaths from heat exhaustion, overwork and suicide; the Indian consulate registered 971 deaths of their nationals in 2005 alone. After this figure was leaked, the consulates were told to stop counting.

(...) As soon as he arrived at Dubai airport, his passport was taken from him by his construction company. He has not seen it since. He was told brusquely that from now on he would be working 14-hour days in the desert heat – where western tourists are advised not to stay outside for even five minutes in summer, when it hits 55 degrees – for 500 dirhams a month (£90), less than a quarter of the wage he was promised. If you don't like it, the company told him, go home. "But how can I go home? You have my passport, and I have no money for the ticket," he said. "Well, then you'd better get to work," they replied. Full news

8ak note: Thank you to the Left parties who ensure no jobs in Kerala and a vast majority of these slaves are from Kerala. Anyone want to fund a documentary type expose? Please let me know

And supporting my ranting and raving about the useless Left parties is none other than the PM Manmohan Singh himself. Here is an IANS article in Jansamachar on Apr 11:

"They did not participate in the Quit India movement. When our country got freedom, they said it was not true independence. When the Green Revolution took place, they said it was meant to favour foreign companies. They opposed the IT revolution. They also opposed the Indo-US nuclear deal and withdrew support (to my government)". Full news

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html

Election : Left has always been on the wrong side: PM

8ak - Indian Defence News: Indians are Slaves in Dubai & Middle East

Global Defence

New threads

Articles