Osama Bin Laden was killed in Abbottabad, Pakistan

What do you think was Pakistan's role in Osama Bin Laden killing?

• 1. US operation, ISI, Pak Army or Government did not know squat

Votes: 100 62.5%
  • 2. US operation, Pak agencies were in the know, but did not play any role

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 3. US led operation with cooperation with active support from Pak

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 4. US led operation reluctantly supported by Pak

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • 5. US operation, Pak agencies knew and were told to lay off or face consequences

Votes: 33 20.6%
  • 6. US operation, Pak agencies knew and tried to put a spanner losing men, machines and face in the p

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters

pmaitra

I could have told you that nearly a decade ago.

I bet they didn't tell pakii authorities about this operation.
Of course not. Why would the US tell the Pakistani authorities? It is like telling them, 'Hey, we're coming to get OBL, so please make sure he gets out of that area before we reach!'

LOL!

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
India had long back offered Indian Air Force bases to the US fighter planes when the US decided to launch operation in Afghanistan. So I think your assumption could be that India was geared up for any contingency plan in case anything went wrong? Just speculating.
pmaitra, the nearest afgan jump point for US is 300km, but from India it is 50km, can we connect the dots some how?

mayfair

It is done.

One more angel, isn't a US SSN was docked in Goa some time before (hardly one week). Is India involved in operation? At least with logistics
It's possible. Abbottabad is only 50km from the Indian border. A scenario may be constructed where a C5 may have landed at some forward base, hooked up the helos, flown across the LoC/IB, taken out OBL and then flown on to Jalalabad (250km) and then to Bagram.

The only caveat I see is how the US helos could have made it past the web of Pak air defences. But then since US supplied most of those systems, they may as well know how to render them impotent via some backdoors.

Of course flights of fantasy can take one anywhere, but no harm in conjuring up interesting scenarios innit? :biggrin:

AirforcePilot

Professional
How will the Pakistani government explain to their people that we killed OBL on Pakistani soil? The Pakistanis will go nuts and burn more US flags LOL...Anyways, all US embassies and military installations are on high alert right now. I'm sure there will be some retaliation for the killing of OBL.

Oracle

Any pictures of Osama been released yet? I want to see, if he had any remorse in him for all the countless people he killed, when he was killed.

plugwater

MMS if you are watching, this is the way to deal with the terrorists !!!

I wonder why there isn't any SAM in Pak-afghan border !!

ejazr

Ambassador

Oracle

You want to use SAM to kill mule riding terrorists? :pound: :pound:

mayfair

That would have detected the drones innit?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
It was an exclusive CIA operation .

So how come PA helicopter crashed . Or PA helicopter crashed later while coming to that place
can anyone give link where it states that pa chopper crashed ?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
It is going to be havoc in the US now............

CONGRATULATIONS to the US SPECIAL FORCES...........

pmaitra

pmaitra, the nearest afgan jump point for US is 300km, but from India it is 50km, can we connect the dots some how?
Yes, there is a strong possibility. What you are implying makes complete sense. Let us wait and see if more information trickles out.

AirforcePilot

Professional
Any pictures of Osama been released yet? I want to see, if he had any remorse in him for all the countless people he killed, when he was killed.
I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of OBL body. From what I hear he was shot in the head...

nimo_cn

Country flag
Good or bad, Bin Landen is a legend! I hope Hollywood is gonna make a good movie about this in a near future.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Yes, there is a strong possibility. What you are implying makes complete sense. Let us wait and see if more information trickles out.
I don't think we will see any info, Indian SF will be the silent hero, as always :)

pmaitra

Exactly, its not just a US victory, its a victory for everyone. 85% of all victims of Alqaeda attacks were Muslims and mainly Arabs.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jan/14/al-qaeda-hurts-muslims-most/
Of course. He also brought a bad name to Muslims.

Here in North Carolina, I have so many Muslim friends from the former USSR (Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan etc..). They will hang out with anybody but never with Pakistanis, because they too don't like Pakistan for what it is.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles