Osama Bin Laden 20 Years Ago Today

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Military & Defense More: Osama bin Laden
This Mind-Boggling Profile Of Osama Bin Laden Came Out Exactly 20 Years Ago Today
Michael Kelley and Geoffrey Ingersoll Dec. 6, 2013, 6:07 AM 5,107 2

inShare6

This December 6, 1993, article by Robert Fisk of The Independent titled, "Anti-Soviet warrior puts his army on the road to peace," is stunning to consider 20 years later.

Osama bin Laden, fresh off the US-backed mujahadin's victory over Russia in 1989, flew his men, materials and money down to Sudan, ostensibly to start public works projects.

When asked if they were militant training camps, the "Saudi entrepreneur" and future leader of al Qaeda told Fisk: "I am a construction engineer and an agriculturalist. If I had training camps here in Sudan, I couldn't possibly do this job."

1993 Independent Article About Osama Bin Laden - Business Insider

SilentKiller

Country flag
Military & Defense More: Osama bin Laden
This Mind-Boggling Profile Of Osama Bin Laden Came Out Exactly 20 Years Ago Today
Michael Kelley and Geoffrey Ingersoll Dec. 6, 2013, 6:07 AM 5,107 2

inShare6

This December 6, 1993, article by Robert Fisk of The Independent titled, "Anti-Soviet warrior puts his army on the road to peace," is stunning to consider 20 years later.

Osama bin Laden, fresh off the US-backed mujahadin's victory over Russia in 1989, flew his men, materials and money down to Sudan, ostensibly to start public works projects.

When asked if they were militant training camps, the "Saudi entrepreneur" and future leader of al Qaeda told Fisk: "I am a construction engineer and an agriculturalist. If I had training camps here in Sudan, I couldn't possibly do this job."

1993 Independent Article About Osama Bin Laden - Business Insider

Twin face of US...
We have a saying "Dig grave for others u r bound to fall in it yourself".
US was bitten by its own snake which it milked for almost 20 years. Still US has not learned it lesson and is milking even poisonous snake called @#Kistan

MLRS

Not just Osama was an asset turned rogue, but also Hekmatyar, Haqqani, and I would argue even Mullah Omar. I hope America has understood that arming jihadis to overthrow secular governments is a bad idea.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Not just Osama was an asset turned rogue, but also Hekmatyar, Haqqani, and I would argue even Mullah Omar. I hope America has understood that arming jihadis to overthrow secular governments is a bad idea.
From its recent actions regarding Syria & Iran, I believe, US is finally showing some signs of learning your message (even if, it is in fits & starts), that arming jihadis to overthrow secular governments is a bad idea

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles