Orientalism as a Tool of Colonialism

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
@Energon

I am still waiting for your reply.
I'm sorry, there has been a misunderstanding. The reason I haven't responded is because unlike civicfanatic and asianobserve your posts are entirely incoherent, out of context and include words you clearly do not understand (because they have no relevance). I will be more than happy to respond if you made a clearer argument.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
sar ke upar se chaddar uthaya lekin banda phir bhi roshni se bekarar, pata chala baad mein ki woh pehle se hi andha tha. isliye @civfanatic chaddar wapas daal de putle ke sar pe.

Last edited by a moderator:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It just so happened that due to a confluence of factors the West achieved modernity first. As countries like India and China rapidly modernize we can see similar trends. This is instinctively blamed upon the nefarious influence of Western culture, but that's not technically true, it is the merely the price of modernity.

Maybe a lot of these successful and modern Western countries are able to embrace new values with more ease because they have less civilizational baggage on their backs. Unlike most "great" Asian nation-states that have thousands of years of proud and established cultures that are hindering acceptance of new ideas or values.

Last edited:

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
Maybe a lot of these successful and modern Western countries are able to embrace new values with more ease because they have less civilizational baggage on their backs. Unlike most "great" Asian nation-states that have thousands of years of proud and established cultures that are hindering acceptance of new ideas or values.
There is a huge flaw in your thinking.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
I think it's fair to say that dynamism is a Western cultural trait. What is inaccurate however is the notion that this is a uniquely Western phenomenon as often purported by historians like Niall Ferguson. Obviously the post renaissance Western civilization has successfully managed to constantly move ahead by shedding the baggage of the past and in doing so achieved a level of modernity and a standard of living unlike ever before. However looking over history its clear that dynamism is evident in any culture that undergoes a modernization process. There are many episodes in Indian history, for instance like the reign of Ashoka Maurya where the society shed convention in order to evolve and in the bargain experienced rapid growth. The same was true for the Islamic civilization and the Chinese civilization (not just in the past but also the present).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles