Orders to suspend Geo Tv Licences, seal offices :)

Blackwater

Geo news.is India.sponsored is what I.wrote so don't twist.my.words idiot!
any proof that it is Indian sponsored, hum bhi dekhe

by showing Bollywood news does not mean its Indian sponsored.

u people are addicted to bollywood

Last edited:

thethinker

Country flag
This is one fine case study of what happens when military wields political power and manages affairs of a country both overtly and covertly.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Good, the more the people of Pakistan are suppressed, the more Pak Army is preoccupied at home.

ladder

Country flag
I don't know if you have been following the latest developments from past dew days. In a popular talk.show Jago Pakistan the controvertial talk show.host and.anchor Shaisra Lodhi caused uproar by insulting Islam. Geo team has been charged under blasphemy law and final verdict has yet to.come.

Also MoD had filed a case against Hamid Mir and Geo for spreading lies against ISI.

Have been a bit busy. But have heard about the Blasphemy case against Geo, but in what context I don't know.

But, is that the reason why Geo was banned? Hard to believe as under what authority as PEMRA is a not even a Quasi Judicial body to decide on merit of such issues. Also why 3 channels when maybe only the talk-show was hosted by one channel.

Also, coming to the maligning of the ISI, what's the big deal? Let the ISI as a organisation or DG ISI take Geo to court. How did PEMRA got involved?

Also, if there wasn't full house/quorum to pass a full mandate then how was interim decision taken?

Many question, will wait for answers in due time.

===============

But, it will be interestingly will be to see which provision was invoked to Ban Geo.

Neo

The fact alone that every anti Pakistan hatemonger here is crying loud about the temporary ban of Geo is enough proof that we killed your baby. :lol:

Hope the ban becomes permanent.but with a currupt.governemt in Islamabad I highly doubt it.

Neo

Have been a bit busy. But have heard about the Blasphemy case against Geo, but in what context I don't know.

But, is that the reason why Geo was banned? Hard to believe as under what authority as PEMRA is a not even a Quasi Judicial body to decide on merit of such issues. Also why 3 channels when maybe only the talk-show was hosted by one channel.

Also, coming to the maligning of the ISI, what's the big deal? Let the ISI as a organisation or DG ISI take Geo to court. How did PEMRA got involved?

Also, if there wasn't full house/quorum to pass a full mandate then how was interim decision taken?

Many question, will wait for answers in due time.

===============

But, it will be interestingly will be to see which provision was invoked to Ban Geo.
The blasphemy controversy was created by some.controvertial song or qawwali I.believe and the comments made.about.it.by Geo anchor.

PEMRA has the the.right to revoke licences with.consent of at least one.third of the body in the absense of remaining two third.

PEMRA is also responsible about the ethics and censorship of TV media and does not need a coirt order for.her.dicissions.

ladder

Country flag
The fact alone that every anti Pakistan hatemonger here is crying loud about the temporary ban of Geo is enough proof that we killed your baby. :lol:

Hope the ban becomes permanent.but with a currupt.governemt in Islamabad I highly doubt it.

We aren't crying, baby. For a moment let's admit for your sake Geo is sponsored by India. What next? With Geo banned, India will simply buy out another channel. For good price we will get multiple application.

Then it will be business as usual.

But for Pakistan it won't be as the blizzard which global media houses will blow might blow away PEMRA.

And Govt. has cut it's sorry feet out by not sending it's 5 officiating members to today's meeting. Does it strikes a chord?

Boy you are in for a shit storm.

Blackwater

Just because they have shown opps blown ur pole that ajmal kasab is paki

just because they ask for aman ki asha

just because they show more indian content to cater the needs of ur bollywood addiction

hamid mir is taliban favourite informer but osama was hidden by ISI is patriotic

:tsk::tsk:

and the link u provided is a blog:lol::lol:

pathan so ja ur mind need rest

Neo

We aren't crying, baby. For a moment let's admit for your sake Geo is sponsored by India. What next? With Geo banned, India will simply buy out another channel. For good price we will get multiple application.

Then it will be business as usual.

But for Pakistan it won't be as the blizzard which global media houses will blow might blow away PEMRA.

And Govt. has cut it's sorry feet out by not sending it's 5 officiating members to today's meeting. Does it strikes a chord?

Boy you are in for a shit storm.
The ban will set a precedent and I'm sure we will keep an eye on our media incase India tries to sponsor another channel.

Last week US denied sponsoring Geo with CIA money so the ball has been rolling for some time already.

I don't mind media to be chritical of Pakistan, as a matter of fact I enchourage it. But to follow foreign agenda is not acceptable.

During Mumbai Siege Geo was reporting exactly the same as Indian channels.

Blackwater

The ban will set a precedent and I'm sure we will keep an eye on our media incase India tries to sponsor another channel.

Last week US denied sponsoring Geo with CIA money so the ball has been rolling for some time already.

I don't mind media to be chritical of Pakistan, as a matter of fact I enchourage it. But to follow foreign agenda is not acceptable.

Even CNN ,BBC Russian TV , SKY news were shown the same thing were they indian??:lol::lol:

Blackwater

every media house takes money. muhube watan ur mubhasher lucman a french citizen of khara sach took money to ask Q live on TV

dont worry too much of $$ involve geo will not be banned.

Neo

every media house takes money. muhube watan ur mubhasher lucman a french citizen of khara sach took money to ask Q live on TV

dont worry too much of $$ involve geo will not be banned.
With.a corrupt government GEO will probably survivebut this is a moral victory for the true green hearts.

JBH22

Bite the dust Mir Shakeel !! Pemra suspends licence of Geo. InshAllah, soon will be cancelled permanently. Glory be to Allah ! first victory but we will NOT rest till we get Geo banned permanently and all its management arrested and prosecuted for crimes against Pak Sarzameen.

MashAllah, Mubarak !!The battle which this faqeer started 7 years ago against hostile media, Safma and Geo is now bearing fruit and destroying the enemies of Rasul Allah (sm) and Pak Sarzameen. Shukar alf Marra !!

For the last seven years, this faqeer faced most ruthless persecution, murder cases, cases in all major cities, allegations of blasphemy, betrayals within ranks and even by friends, faced economic blockade and isolation in media -- still the desperate and determined band of patriots fought on alone, isolated, abandoned. We were tested to the extreme !!! It was dangerous to be with us and people started to keep distance.

Then help from Allah came, alhamdolillah !!! We can only say Shukar !!

Stand United, stand firm. We have many more battles to fight !! Job is NOT done yet.
His holiness Syed Zaid Hamid official facebook page.

Anyways good step by Pakistan the more they suppress their own country the better it is.

thethinker

Country flag
Surely, this will win trust of potential foreign investments in Pakistan. Way to go!

Blackwater

We don't need foreign investment in our media.
Are you the spokesman of pak media houses?? or try to be self made leader like zaid hamid

media house run with the help of politician and $$$ and pak media houses are no exception.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles