Orbat Libya Conflict

pmaitra

It seems like many countries are paying the price for not modernizing, Libyan weapons inventory looks like a shopping list from the 1970's.
Yes, that's quite right. Libyan air defences are mainly vintage. Unless the aeroplanes are low flying, they will have a hard time challenging anything in the skies.

pmaitra

it just an invasion from france and britain for oil , why no army operation against saudi arabia which is killing innocent(genocide) people in Bahrain . i strongly think india and china should support Libya in this matter
  • It is true that France is doing this for oil. Britain is doing to satisfy their ego.
  • It is also true that NATO has nothing to do with it. NATO was created as a military alliance against a potential Soviet invasion. USSR does not exist anymore. Libya has not attacked any NATO country. Ergo, Germany is under no obligation to participate, except for goodwill.
  • I cannot speak on behalf of PRC, but India has no business helping either side. Here's why: Kashmir should be independent state: Gaddafi.

pmaitra

Don't know. Could be Iglas as well.

Whether it was a pro-Gaddafi or anti-Gaddafi plane, we do not know.

Here is what the BBC article says: "A jet also appears to have been shot down over Benghazi. A rebel spokesman was quoted as saying the downed jet was a rebel plane which had been shot down by pro-government forces."

The rebels could have Iglas because they did break into armouries and military barracks during the early days of the uprising. The rebels could have Stingers supplied to them by the West. This is highly speculative at the moment. I know for sure that Gaddafi has Shilkas.
Al-Jazeera says it was a anti-Gaddafi plane:

Last edited by a moderator:
Country flag

French Army shows soldiers preparing a Rafale jet fighter at the military base of Saint Dizier, eastern France

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Disgusting turn of events! It is internal matter of libya and other countries shouldn't interfere.

They are only interested in securing oil supply and installing puppet govt.

pmaitra

^^ Yeah buddy! It was all clear right from the beginning. When peace-doves preach 'Why spend so much on nukes when there are so many poor and hungry?', we need to rub such examples on their faces. Had it been North Korea, Monsieur Sarkozy wouldn't have had the cojones to threaten them.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
West is selective in acting upon its ideals, but I support what they are doing and hope they do more in other parts of the world too.
India is missing out on a golden opportunity, we should spearhead an international military campaign against the dictatorial ME states, it will send the right message and expose the hypocrites

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
^^ Yeah buddy! It was all clear right from the beginning. When peace-doves preach 'Why spend so much on nukes when there are so many poor and hungry?', we need to rub such examples on their faces. Had it been North Korea, Monsieur Sarkozy wouldn't have had the cojones to threaten them.
Yes you are correct. We must realize that in future we could also be on the receiving end if west fears we've grown too strong for there liking.

It is one of the reasons why i argue that we should have true ICBM when people of the same ilk as your 'Why spend so much on nukes when there are so many poor and hungry?' respond with 'We dont have any enemies beyond our current range so why bother spending so much to increase range ?'

smartindian

Country flag
West is selective in acting upon its ideals, but I support what they are doing and hope they do more in other parts of the world too.
India is missing out on a golden opportunity, we should spearhead an international military campaign against the dictatorial ME states, it will send the right message and expose the hypocrites
why should we waste our hard earn money on this kind of ridiculous things and interfering in internal matter of other country . the biggest autocratic rule in this world is china the west is more than will to do all kind of business with them. why cant west wage war against china on the same ground of human right violations ext..

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles