Orbat Libya Conflict

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Will the mods please get that news bot out of this thread please.

Country flag
That has been my suspicion right from the beginning. Each day only enforces that suspicion.I have posted an article form BBC about why international intervention in Libya but not in Yemen, Bahrain. That should give some pointers: Why is US backing force in Libya but not Bahrain, Yemen?
Even this plane picture shot down if it is a Libyan airforce plane; it seems the rebels might have access to stingers or Igla's?? Libya has oil the others do not; no economic interest.

pmaitra

Even this plane picture shot down if it is a Libyan airforce plane; it seems the rebels might have access to stingers?? Libya has oil the others do not; no economic interest.
Don't know. Could be Iglas as well.

Whether it was a pro-Gaddafi or anti-Gaddafi plane, we do not know.

Here is what the BBC article says: "A jet also appears to have been shot down over Benghazi. A rebel spokesman was quoted as saying the downed jet was a rebel plane which had been shot down by pro-government forces."

The rebels could have Iglas because they did break into armouries and military barracks during the early days of the uprising. The rebels could have Stingers supplied to them by the West. This is highly speculative at the moment. I know for sure that Gaddafi has Shilkas.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Posting news articles at DFI does not violate the Forum Rules.
It violates the OT nature of the post in a thread about events unfolding on the ground in the Libyan conflict. I didn't start this thread about politics. There are three more of those to post in.

pmaitra

^^ I see what you are saying. I am not competent enough to comment further about this issue. Please speak to the MODs.

Country flag
Don't know. Could be Iglas as well.

Whether it was a pro-Gaddafi or anti-Gaddafi plane, we do not know.

Here is what the BBC article says: "A jet also appears to have been shot down over Benghazi. A rebel spokesman was quoted as saying the downed jet was a rebel plane which had been shot down by pro-government forces."

The rebels could have Iglas because they did break into armouries and military barracks during the early days of the uprising. The rebels could have Stingers supplied to them by the West. This is hughly speculative at the moment. I know for sure that Gaddafi has Shilkas.
Libya also has strelas.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
^^ I see what you are saying. I am not competent enough to comment further about this issue. Please speak to the MODs.
Thank you, my country is in a shooting war and I am trying to document what is happening. The politico of it is another discussion for somewhere else.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It seems like many countries are paying the price for not modernizing, Libyan weapons inventory looks like a shopping list from the 1970's.
They have Pechora and Dvinas, Pechora was good enough to shoot down an F-117. Rafale flies over it with no incident.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
18:45: Four Libyan tanks destroyed by French planes
According to Al Jazeera, the French army had destroyed four armored forces loyal to Gaddafi southwest of Benghazi.

smartindian

Country flag
NATO doesn't have anything to do with it because Germans are too weak to support it. Ground forces are a resort of last option by France and UK only. If rebels can't do what they need to do, it might be required but we will talk about that AFTER we bomb the stuffing out of Gaddafi.
it just an invasion from france and britain for oil , why no army operation against saudi arabia which is killing innocent(genocide) people in Bahrain . i strongly think india and china should support Libya in this matter

Global Defence

New threads

Articles