Open letter to a delhi boy

Adux

Country flag
OPEN LETTER TO A DELHI BOY
Dear Delhi boy,

Namaskaram from the South of India, or as you may like to believe, the countries south of the Vindhyas. I came to your city 2 years ago with a brand new job and a bucketload of expectations. My friends and family here thought I was completely insane to choose Delhi over more female conducive cities like Bangalore or even Bombay. I am very sad to report that your reputation of being an ignorant, chauvinistic oaf with the intelligence levels of an autistic 3 year old on crack precedes you and it hurts me even more to admit to this rather accurate description.

Your reputation has travelled far and wide, to countries outside South India as well. And believe me man, it is not a pretty situation. I understand that your stone faded, ripped jeans, your V-neck cleavage showing t-shirts that reveal to the world that you have infact inherited your mother's voluptuous shaved Punjabi bosom, are what you think maketh a man, but it does not. It only maketh for a man who gets a pity license to share his girlfriend's bra. I write to you as a woman who has been brought up in a society free of any discrimination towards women so thanks to you, my living in Delhi is as safe as Hugh Hefner's playmate of the year living in Jeddah.

You meet me at a friend's birthday, talk to me about nightclubs and your new SUV and when I look like I'm in desperate need of a barf bag, you think I have an attitude problem. I understand this completely. But let me remind you that I am from SOUTH INDIA and not SOUTH DELHI, so no ,I am not scrawny, I am not fair, I don't have straight hair and my topics of conversation go beyond the Fendi I saw in last month's Vogue. I am olive-skinned, have lower –back-length lustrous cascading tresses that sometimes make me look like I fell out Jim Morrison's tour bus. Got a problem with that? Well just suck it up coz I was born into a society where a woman can whoop your Punjabi patoutie to pulp. While your mother pretends to be very progressive but still cows down to the whims of her husband every single time, mine on the other hand was born into a matriarchal home where every single possession is in the rightful name of the girl child. Could you ever, my hunky handsome, cash throwing pig, imagine this kind of power in your society? So stop telling me that women are not treated like trash where you come from. Just shut up and admit to it. It's just easier that way. And lest we forget that we've managed to curtail the number of rape cases despite not having a female Chief Minister. Amma 's body composition generates way too much heat for her get out of her AC room anyway, so don't even bring that up.

And your English. Good Lord, what in the world is up with that? I don't want you to 'explain me' anything. It's like you need to go to primary school all over again. And call them your parents, not your 'peerents' or what your cooler, more happening brethren call them—'mere mom-dad'. Like what are they? Conjoined twins? Are they joined at the hip? Your South India counterparts may not have your looks, but are way more mentally stimulating, a quality that eludes you obviously, but has been the single most sexy factor for us Southie chicks since the age of five. I mean once again, who can blame you? You were brought up on Gurdas Mann and the heroic deeds of Devinder Singh Bhullar and the ever so fair concepts such as elections in Phugwada while we mere 'black-colour waale' mortals had to make do with Bharatnatyam classes, M.S Subhalakshmi and chess. Shame no? And yes, if by a slight chance, you do find my big dancer eyes attractive enough for you to prolong our conversations and meetings and if by an even slighter chance you fall in love with me and decide to marry me, you will have to wear a mundu and you will have to lie prostrate shirtless at the Guruvayurappan temple. A small price to pay for all the genuine independence I am giving up for you. And that's the real thing, not what you see the Delhi girls at LSR and Stephen's doing during their fake as hell protest marches coz ultimately they're going home to a family who're putting together money for Bobby beta's bail coz he just ran over his girlfriend's ex, by mistake of course.

I understand that I come from the land of ugly. I mean obviously Hema Malini, Sri Devi and Aishwarya Rai with their natural banal looks don't even hold a candle to Priyanka Chopra after her two nose jobs and one lip reconstruction surgery. Not a chance in hell. But when you do come to ask for my hand, remember I am part Maharashtrian and part South Indian and NO, they are not the same thing. So please tell your family, not to drop racist bombs like "Arey woh sab toh 'Sawth' ke hi hote hai na?" And YOU—don't walk up to mother in an attempt to make flattering conversation and say shit like "Aunty you don't look like a South Indian You are so fair" In return she will verbally Texas chainsaw massacre your face so badly, your dead Dadi will haunt you the very same night, telling you how fleeing Pakistan was less traumatic. So don't. Better still just don't speak. Just glean and flex your muscles a little and keep smiling. Just whatever you do, don't talk.
You may not like our food, but then we don't like you, which is worse. We may not be even that into food, but then that's coz we have other things to do with our lives, like crack IIT or become writers, journalists, activists and do things that we are very passionate about. The South Indian woman has a voice and boy can she yell. So if you want to Sambhar 'Chawl' your way into my life, then you got to toe the line. Be way more aware than what your are. Remember Delhi is not a country and we are not Black. If I ever hear you utter that name of that colour, I will Kalaripayattu your tongue out of your rear. Yes , that is the secret behind our awesome sex ratio. Just so you know.

For someone who is so confident of his physical abilities you really suck at luring an intelligent woman. Don't send me text messages that say 'happy guru purab', you freakshow and if you want to be cute with your ever so charming (not) Punjabi advances, then don't send texts that say "Dil laye gayee kudi Madrraaas di"! NO. It's just not cool man. I may have have missed on a lot in this letter, but that's ok because you'll forget to read it and even if you do , you'll get your cousin Jassi from Defence Callonny to translate it for you. And this letter can't go on forever like the Punjabi male ego.
So long my love, and here's two steps of gidda just for you, just to show that I can be traditional and will not accidently kick your sister while doing so.

Love, hugs, kisses aka 'muah' (only I shall 'muah', you please don't do anything coz you tend to forget that these are my lips and not a piece of Tandoori Chicken from Kakke- Da- Dhabba)

Yours
Madrasan
(Only I can call myself that. If you EVER call me by this name, I will shove so many coconuts down your system that your little saver pack versions will begin to sprout coir.)
Posted by Shahana at 12:15 AM
Wrote by my friend's friend. Boy is she on the ball on this.

Adux

Country flag
Is it bad that I find that hot?
What do you find hot? Black skin? I find it extremely hot and I am quite dark myself. Its all about features for me. Delhi and North India in general has a reputation, and its not good. You can go all TFTA (like BR) says and go 'so what'! But what she wrote is true.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
What do you find hot? Black skin? I find it extremely hot and I am quite dark myself. Its all about features for me. Delhi and North India in general has a reputation, and its not good. You can go all TFTA (like BR) says and go 'so what'! But what she wrote is true.

Nah, not the black skin, rather the letter itself, don't really give a crap about the skin color, they're all pink inside.

Adux

Country flag
Nah, not the black skin, rather the letter itself, don't really give a crap about the skin color, they're all pink inside.
Oh, I agree. I have already told my friend to convey it to her that I find it extremely hot and quite turned on by her passion and individuality.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
There is a funny story on the Delhi Metro that happened to me, i was takeing pictures of myself in the train and there was this Girl from the North East who was wearing skirts and was sitting opposite to me in the night train, she was sleeping and i kept snapping pictures of me trying to get a good pose of me sitting in the metro. The people around me looked at me funnily, while i kept smiling. Then a man came up to me and asked me "am i not disgusted to take pictures of that girl that way"!! I was like WHAT THE HELL, i was shocked and i told the man i was trying to take pictures of me not her and showed him the pics, i was frankly insulted that people thought that way and quickly people realized what had happened and they to turned away, the girl also some what felt embraced but she also felt reassured that not every guy is a pervert and people will stand up. Then i asked him if he thought he was doing some sort of public service by being a stupid retard. :D

I did not know till recently that women get ragged or teased in Delhi that way, at least my experience tells there are guys to stand up to such bullying as well.

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
LOL Hahhahahah it sound more like moaning in anguish, and display of sheer shock at not receiving any attention in Delhi (from boys, for obvious reasons) or favors which she may have received from her bosses in the South, hence this pour out of expression......not her fault - she may have been perceived as a beauty queen in the South (Aish), however in Delhi she would have been no less than Shakeela to the so called 'ignorant, chauvinistic oaf ' of Delhi......not her fault. ;)

Also, I had a Punjabi friend who lived in a Southern city for around 10 yrs (and mind you he knows the local dialect) and he had all the women running after him he was considered one of the most handsome man in high circles of young women (probabily next to no less than Mamooty or Rajniappa), when he came to Delhi he realized he was not so special and his antics didn't work in Delhi over the Delhi dames - hence he also had the same view about Delhi gals after he had tried on 52 Delhi gilrs and Failed to enchant them with his Punjabi looks and Southy antics (me and my friends kept a count on the chiks he used to hit on)......Now finally, he will be getting married to a South Indian girl whom he met online and who thinks he looks like Akshay Kumar LOL :D:lol:

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
Nice Story GK, You should be glad there are some good guys (as I am very sure) like that in Delhi. Lets get back you taking pics of yourself ROFL!!!!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Nice Story GK, You should be glad there are some good guys (as I am very sure) like that in Delhi. Lets get back you taking pics of yourself ROFL!!!!
Blame it on Facebook and Orkut! :D

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
One thing is SURE though, a North Indian guy may be neatly shaven,dressed up in Van-Heusen shirts, with a wet hair look and look like an Italian models who does MBA in his past time from Havard business school but once he opens his mouth everything evoprates, BOY O BOY...Railway Staasion ko jayaga going that side, pechay!! Lol.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
LOL Hahhahahah it sound more like moaning in anguish, and display of sheer shock at not receiving any attention in Delhi (from boys, for obvious reasons) or favors which she may have received from her bosses in the South, hence this pour out of expression......not her fault - she may have been perceived as a beauty queen in the South (Aish), however in Delhi she would have been no less than Shakeela to the so called 'ignorant, chauvinistic oaf ' of Delhi......not her fault. ;)

Also, I had a Punjabi friend who lived in a Southern city for around 10 yrs (and mind you he knows the local dialect) and he had all the women running after him he was considered one of the most handsome man in high circles of young women (probabily next to no less than Mamooty or Rajniappa), when he came to Delhi he realized he was not so special and his antics didn't work in Delhi over the Delhi dames - hence he also had the same view about Delhi gals after he had tried on 52 Delhi gilrs and Failed to enchant them with his Punjabi looks and Southy antics (me and my friends kept a count on the chiks he used to hit on)......Now finally, he will be getting married to a South Indian girl whom he met online and who thinks he looks like Akshay Kumar LOL :D:lol:
Thats actually true, what Southes think look good is actually mediocre in North and I felt that first hand! :D

Not to mention i was called a ****** by whites in Chatrollute.com! Most of my self esteem boiled away when white pigs said that!

A.V.

The problem is this , one single southern sate cannot vouch to represent the south INDIA in entity . the growing number of problems with KARNATAKA and tamil nadu in recent times, people are karnataka is quite pissed off with the attitude taken by tamil nadu when they try and project that south indian represents them.

Whichever way my only point is this :- South India is a misnomer better to speak on behalf of the state only , just the said person did with punjab only and not entire north because each state and each culture is different .

johnee

The problem is this , one single southern sate cannot vouch to represent the south INDIA in entity . the growing number of problems with KARNATAKA and tamil nadu in recent times, people are karnataka is quite pissed off with the attitude taken by tamil nadu when they try and project that south indian represents them.

Whichever way my only point is this :- South India is a misnomer better to speak on behalf of the state only , just the said person did with punjab only and not entire north because each state and each culture is different .
Infact, its better not to make ethinic or racial issues out of personal issues. Its silly extrapolation and excessive exaggeration. Its an issue between one boy and another gal, thats it.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
The problem is this, one single southern sate cannot vouch to represent the south INDIA in entity .
As far as treatment of women and crimes against women go, you can blindly generalise with South India.

the growing number of problems with KARNATAKA and tamil nadu in recent times, people are karnataka is quite pissed off with the attitude taken by tamil nadu when they try and project that south indian represents them.
That has nothing to do with women (treatment of, crimes against), that's a different issue. Actually, that's a non-issue. The conflict between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu is non-ethinic, it's economic. There are Kaveri river-water sharing disputes, and that's largely alleviated (if not resolved). This simple river water dispute magically becomes something much bigger and strays into ethnic or linguistic chauvinism during state elections in either states, but even that doesn't amount to a "tussle", let alone a "conflict".

Again, there's no ethnic tussle between Tamils and Kannadigas. There is a ton of economic activity between the two states.

Many communities in the South are matriarchic instead of patriarchic. To that extant, and pertaining purely to the topic, "South India" isn't a misnomer.

Iamanidiot

I find it bloody accurate.Call me racist but I find it bloody accurate especially the showy boisterous part.But most sardars have a heart of gold

Iamanidiot

Delhiwallas in general think that all the wealth is concentrated in north India but I find that South-India has more wealth in general politicians and people

Global Defence

New threads

Articles