One Of The Best Arguments.!! I have ever read....Don't miss a single word..:)

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
God may exist but as of now we cant tangibly prove it.

You may have faith but that is your choice.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
What pedantry.

Traits occur in individuals.

You too, messiah.
It looks like someone failed high school biology.

Evolution is the result of natural selection. Natural selection refers to the innate tendency of traits that are conducive to survival and reproduction to be passed on to subsequent generations, since the individuals that possess these traits are more likely to survive and reproduce. So, if a small group of individuals possess a favourable trait that significantly increase their chances of survival and reproduction compared to other individuals in their population, the proportion of the population that possesses this trait will increase through subsequent generations. Eventually, most or all of the individuals will come to possess this trait, so we say that the population has evolved (NOT the individual, as individual organisms obviously cannot manipulate their genetic structure).

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
The chain e-mail is total Bullshit.

Ewald, we can see the evolution of Bacteria in the lab. May be they won't evolve into another organism but they evolve into a bacteria with a different advantageous trait from that of original bacteria. That is evolution albeit on a small scale.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am left more confused than the confusion that is there over God and Satan and Life in general being propounded here!

:rofl:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
If people keep on discussing this stupid thing....your brain will really become intangible. Preserve enrgy for something good.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
It looks like someone failed high school biology.

Evolution is the result of natural selection. Natural selection refers to the innate tendency of traits that are conducive to survival and reproduction to be passed on to subsequent generations, since the individuals that possess these traits are more likely to survive and reproduce. So, if a small group of individuals possess a favourable trait that significantly increase their chances of survival and reproduction compared to other individuals in their population, the proportion of the population that possesses this trait will increase through subsequent generations. Eventually, most or all of the individuals will come to possess this trait, so we say that the population has evolved (NOT the individual, as individual organisms obviously cannot manipulate their genetic structure).
Then substitute the word species for organism in what I said. Or a population of organisms. You remain a tedious pedant, and have told me nothing I did not already know with your picking at nits.
A little learning is a dangerous thing;
drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
and drinking largely sobers us again. -- Alexander Pope

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Then substitute the word species for organism in what I said. Or a population of organisms. You remain a tedious pedant, and have told me nothing I did not already know with your picking at nits.
You cannot substitute the world 'species' for 'organism' because they are two very different things. I don't mind being a tedious pedant, and it is clear that you don't know much about biology.

And poetry is not my strong point; in fact I rather despise it. I prefer the straight-forward though syntactically incorrect sayings of people like Viktor Chernomyrdin: "Wine we need for health, and the health we need to drink vodka."

W.G.Ewald

Professional
The chain e-mail is total Bullshit.

Ewald, we can see the evolution of Bacteria in the lab. May be they won't evolve into another organism but they evolve into a bacteria with a different advantageous trait from that of original bacteria. That is evolution albeit on a small scale.
I was not advocating Lysenkoism here. Although I found The Case of the Midwife Toad by Arthur Koestler an interesting read.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I am left more confused than the confusion that is there over God and Satan and Life in general being propounded here!

:rofl:
God created Lucifer but gave him free will, as he did all of us. That's why there is Sin, and SIn brought Death into the world.

What confuses me are the people who say "Evolution is true! Creationism is false!", but can't seem to explain how something can evolve without being created in the first place. :)

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Ah, you are a materialist; that explains everything.

Newton and Einstein were men of faith. How does that affect your worldview?

'You have done a noble thing in upholding revelation and the authenticity of the Holy Scriptures, and it is remarkable that you are using for the defence precisely the same weapons which were once used for the attack.'
Antoine Lavoisier, letter to Edward King,

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Antoine Lavoisier, letter to Edward King,
Yep they had faith in logic and evidence.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Generally, my ideas conform to those of the Carvaka school of Ancient Indian philosophy. The Carvaka school stressed the principles of atheism, materialism, and naturalism.
Cārvāka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It doesn't. Whether one is a theist or an atheist doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't affect the quality of their work. Newton and Einstein should be applauded for their contributions to science and nothing else.

W.G.Ewald

Professional

Global Defence

New threads

Articles