One Indian dead, 3 hurt after US navy fires on fishing boat

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
why dont US navy issue video of the same. Ship is big enough and it has video camera all around.
One doesn't release videos of crimes where you are the criminal and risk losing a lot. In any case, there goes a saying, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. We saw ample proof of that with the fall of the Soviet Union. One of these days, yanks will regret being so arrogant.

amitkriit

One doesn't release videos of crimes where you are the criminal and risk losing a lot. In any case, there goes a saying, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. We saw ample proof of that with the fall of the Soviet Union. One of these days, yanks will regret being so arrogant.
And then there will be a phase called "Payback Time". Through such actions they show us their real character and motives, and people of India will surely notice, in fact we have.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
And then there will be a phase called "Payback Time". Through such actions they show us their real character and motives, and people of India will surely notice, in fact we have.
Please elaborate further :)

amitkriit

Please elaborate further :)
May be we have recognized that presence of a foreign force doesn't necessarily translate into peace and stability, even if it is a "Super Power". In fact presence of USA in our region is the major reason behind the turmoil, because USA can do anything here without being concerned about any repercussion. US forces are here to serve American interests, not ours', so given the first chance we must sent them back, if we ever will be in that position.

Oracle

Either the fisherman did not understand that they were being warned to back off or as they said they were trying to turn it around. What they should have done is stalled the engine, put up their hands in the air, start the engine, slowly turn around. You don't fcuk with Navies on the high seas. Atleast not the USN.

amitkriit

Either the fisherman did not understand that they were being warned to back off or as they said they were trying to turn it around. What they should have done is stalled the engine, put up their hands in the air, start the engine, slowly turn around. You don't fcuk with Navies on the high seas. Atleast not the USN.
They were RSS guys, you know RSS guys are so dumb. US Navy did the missionary job by finishing them off.

amitkriit

Your stupid out of context posts do not deserve any dignified response.
I never expected a dignified response from you. By the way, the incidence occurred within the territorial water of UAE, and not in the high seas. The fishermen did not know that the Navy ship was being protected by some red-neck cowboys ready to shoot at first chance.

Oracle

I never expected a dignified response from you. By the way, the incidence occurred within the territorial water of UAE, and not in the high seas. The fishermen did not know that the Navy ship was being protected by some red-neck cowboys ready to shoot at first chance.
First you troll,and then call US Navy red necks, cowboys. You're incorrigible.

pmaitra

Merchantman on fire again, following dispute 'twixt sailors;
Soon, all that will be left is flotsam!

Folk hero

I'am actually surprised that the US did not nuked the fishing boat and start a world war over it be thankful guys be thankful, Stupid US have no job other then killing p!ssing on corpses torturing people spying on their own country men, Get a life US before you fall into your own sh*t.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
May be we have recognized that presence of a foreign force doesn't necessarily translate into peace and stability, even if it is a "Super Power". In fact presence of USA in our region is the major reason behind the turmoil, because USA can do anything here without being concerned about any repercussion. US forces are here to serve American interests, not ours', so given the first chance we must sent them back, if we ever will be in that position.
I happen to agree with you.

This regime change business might even be tried on India but i have no doubt it will fail but that doesn't mean they wouldn't try it if they thought they could succeed.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
OK dudes, Dont know if you know or not, The fishermen are from TN. So they are expendable and you can all go home happy

Strategic depth and deeper than ocean kind of friendship is a must and we should not care about this incident anyway since it is a puny Tamil who died.

The ultra-nationalists here can say what they usually say (now that the dead is a Tamil), about :ka:ing is a virtue and should say how this should be downplayed like we :ka: SL. After all its just a ----ing Tamil anyway-:truestory:

Or probably we should blame the Tamil parties for messing up with the National Foreign policy and how TN is responsible for not having a navy of its own.

And anyone finding my post odd should visit the dedicated TN fishermen getting killed by SL thread in our own DFI:thumbs:

SHURIDH

OK dudes, Dont know if you know or not, The fishermen are from TN. So they are expendable and you can all go home happy

Strategic depth and deeper than ocean kind of friendship is a must and we should not care about this incident anyway since it is a puny Tamil who died.

The ultra-nationalists here can say what they usually say (now that the dead is a Tamil), about :ka:ing is a virtue and should say how this should be downplayed like we :ka: SL. After all its just a ----ing Tamil anyway-:truestory:

Or probably we should blame the Tamil parties for messing up with the National Foreign policy and how TN is responsible for not having a navy of its own.

And anyone finding my post odd should visit the dedicated TN fishermen getting killed by SL thread in our own DFI:thumbs:
pleas don't make it tn vs others state issue.
The fisherman death also touch us.
He was our countryman first than he was tamil later.
First there should be a proper inquiary.
American navy many times do wrong thing. so we should not think it was the indian fisherman who are responsible for breaking law before inquiary.
The indian government should warn if usa nevay was wrong.
We have friendship with usa and we need it.
But that should not mean if my friend do some wrong to me i will remain silent for the sake of friendship.
If wrong happen than it should be corrected for a friendship which needs mutual respect and trust.
The dead fisherman was a poor man thats why he went to a forgien country i don't think he has any intention to distrub usa's security.
So usa government should give compensation to the fisherman familly.
Indian government should also give compensation to that familly.
As an alley of usa we don't wish any distrubance of usa security.
But life of my countryman should also mean something important to every indian if we truly belive every indian is my brother and sister.
May be after some days we all will forget about that incident may be the fisherman was wrong in understanding the security system or usa navy do wrong thing to that fisherman.
But what about the parents,wife and children of that fisherman who may lost their only bread earner can they forget it they don't know what usa navy position in uae,its stragitical security,friendship of both country only thing they know the man who left his home to a forgien country for a better earning won't be standing in fornt of his home with smile no more .

natarajan

Think usa as srilanka and killed ones as tamil people , issue will calm down

ejazr

Ambassador
Govt will give compensation to Tamil Nadu fisherman's kin, says Ravi - The Times of India

KOCHI: Minister for overseas Indian affairs Vayalar Ravi said on Saturday that the Indian government would pay compensation to the family of the fisherman, A Sekhar, who was gunned down by the US Navy personnel off the UAE coast recently.

He said steps had been taken to bring home the body of the deceased. The minister strongly condemned the killing of the fisherman.

"It was an arrogant act. Since the incident happened in the UAE waters it is for the UAE government to take action against the guilty. We have conveyed our anxiety and protest to the UAE government," Ravi said.

The minister also said that a new law would be brought to regulate travel of women on visit visas to the countries in West Asia following complaints of sexual abuse against them.

The proposed law aims at ensuring that visit visas are issued to women travelling alone only if the sponsors are their husbands, parents or close relatives working in those countries.

Meanwhile, the body of the Indian fisherman who was gunned down by the US Navy personnel off Dubai coast is likely to be brought to India on Monday or Tuesday.

"We are just waiting for the formalities to be completed," Indian Ambassador to the UAE M K Lokesh told TOI over phone from Abu Dhabi.

He said he had already sent a report to the Indian ministry of external affairs on the incident.

Asked whether his report to the Indian government confirmed that it was an unprovoked firing Lokesh said,

"The UAE government is investigating the case, and we have to wait till the outcome is known. But the Dubai police chief said the US Navy personnel opened fire against the fishermen without any provocation. There are two versions of the incident.

"The US has been saying that their Navy personnel had opened fire at the fishermen after sufficient warning. But according to the fishermen it was an unprovoked firing ," said Lokesh.

Kochi; Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi on Saturday said Indian government would pay compensation to the family of the fisherman who was gunned down by the US Navy personnel off the UAE coast recently.

He said steps were taken to bring home the body of the deceased fisherman.

The Minister strongly condemned the killing of the fisherman. It was an arrogant act by the US Navy personnel. It has happened in the UAE waters and it is for the UAE government to take action against the guilty people. We have conveyed our anxiety and protest in the incident to the UAE government,'' the Minister said in response to questions from the journalists on the sidelines of a function here.

The Minister also disclosed that a new law would be brought to regulate travel of women on visit visas to the countries in the Middle East following complaints of sexual abuse against them. The proposed law aims at ensuring that visit visas can be issued to woman travelling alone only by husband or parents or close relatives working in those countries.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles