One Indian dead, 3 hurt after US navy fires on fishing boat

amitkriit

Thanks bud.

I call it packaging. The way you present something can alter the way you perceive the content.

For example, we have written around 75 posts, plus those deleted, on one man's death. Going by that logic, we should also devote 75x118000 posts for those 118000 killed in road accidents every year in India. We don't.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/world/asia/08iht-roads.html?pagewanted=all

What matters is not how many died, but how he died.
Approximately 9000 Gun Murders are committed in USA each year, more than the number of dead in 9/11 attacks (3000).

amitkriit

You're too wrapped up in your Anti-Americanism. Here...

And what with that hug? That's so gay! :rolleyes:

Here's another one...

I'm sure there's a reason why this particular vessel where 1 alleged Indian died was fired upon. But for your blind hate it will not matter.... :rolleyes:
Many Muslim Terror groups run Humanitarian organizations. Some of them were faster than the Pakistani authorities in delivery relief to the people in POK after the earthquake. Many of them are affiliated with Al-Qaeda, proves that Al-Qaeda is a organization working for poor Muslims.

Proves that USA is bombing Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq not because they are evil, but because they are Muslims.

Conclusion: These PR stunts do not impress me, and my reaction is related to the death of an Indian, and nothing else. US forces can keep doing charity, none of my concern.

pmaitra

Approximately 9000 Gun Murders are committed in USA each year, more than the number of dead in 9/11 attacks (3000).
Exactly. Again, it does not matter how many die, what matters is how he dies.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Many Muslim Terror groups run Humanitarian organizations. Some of them were faster than the Pakistani authorities in delivery relief to the people in POK after the earthquake. Many of them are affiliated with Al-Qaeda, proves that Al-Qaeda is a organization working for poor Muslims.

Proves that USA is bombing Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq not because they are evil, but because they are Muslims.

Dude????? :confused:

sob

Mod
Country flag
A few questions need to be answered

1. Is there any inquiry happening on this ?

2. What are the steps that the UAE Govt. is taking on this, as this was their boat ?

3. What were our guys thinking of going around a Naval ship?

4. If the Americans are found to be guilty will our Government be strong enough to take it to a logical conclusion?

Blackwater

2. What are the steps that the UAE Govt. is taking on this, as this was their boat ?

4. If the Americans are found to be guilty will our Government be strong enough to take it to a logical conclusion?

only valid Q........

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I have modified my post and added a conclusion, please read it. Those PR stunts do not change the fact that an Indian is dead and he was shot dead by the US Navy.

Nobody is disputing that. I was merely pointing out to put things into perspective rather than launching into the usual pathetic America tirade, and maybe wait for more information or investigation results? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

pmaitra

only valid Q........
'Our' guys were following the instructions of the captain of the fishing vessel.

Were they our guys? If they were UAE citizens, they were not our guys.

pmaitra

"Soldiers do not make wars, they fight wars. It is the politicians who make wars."

-from a US movie on the US Civil War.

amitkriit

"Soldiers do not make wars, they fight wars. It is the politicians who make wars."

-from a US movie on the US Civil War.
And some of them cannot stop themselves from pulling the trigger. There are many who are too eager to fight war and shed some blood, real action, more fun than playing the FPS (First Person Shooter) games.

ejazr

Ambassador
The Persian gulf region is teeming with military activity and these kinds of mishaps may become more common.

In the long term, it would be more appropiate to use Indian influence and diplomacy to resolve the GCC-Iran and the US-Iran tensions to solve this problem. We have about 7 million Indian citizens in various GCC countries and any conflict will cause logistical nightmares if you compare with what happened in Libya which had only 30,000 Indians.

There are reports that the Iranians have already opened a backchannel on the nuclear issue and this is something that India can use to mediate the tensions. The Indian fisherman being killed was wrong and there is no excuse for that. Thankfully, the political parties have not politicised this issue because harping on the USN involvement would be only tackling the symptom and not the root cause of the problem. And that is resolve the tensions with Iran.

pmaitra

And some of them cannot stop themselves from pulling the trigger.
That's what they are trained for. That's what they are paid for. We live in a cruel world.

There are many who are too eager to fight war and shed some blood, real action, more fun than playing the FPS (First Person Shooter) games.
Like those who made this hole?

Men like FPS games, because its about testosterone. It's this thing that encourages us to destroy a life, and also drives us to fornicate, and create a life. But life ain't no FPS game.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Men like FPS games, because its about testosterone. It's this thing that encourages us to destroy a life, and also drives us to fornicate, and create a life. But life ain't no FPS game.
The ship itself can be a reason for this act, Its a tanker full of Flammable fuel, Such explosion could cause huge damage..

Its is very possible that crew panicked and opened fire without proper permission..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
why dont US navy issue video of the same. Ship is big enough and it has video camera all around.

amitkriit

That's what they are trained for. That's what they are paid for. We live in a cruel world.

I do not care about that hole, or the thousand similar holes which might appear in future on USN ships, that is not my concern, not my burden to bear. I only care about one dead Indian who was illegally shot dead by the cowboys on a ship.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles