One dead, several hurt as Festive bikers go berserk in New delhi

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Usually bikers on new years are stopped and firm action is taken,here issue is police is not taking action because of religion association,why cant it take action.If the same bike race was conducted as a protest against corruption then conki would have thrashed them.But never heard 2000 bikes racing and creating trouble.
Over a 100-150,000 men take part in Shab-e-Baraat. The Cops should know better.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
One similar thing is bus day celebration in Chennai.....However , police took strict action after being admonished by the Court..

Chennai's bloody Bus Day

It's an annual tradition in Chennai - Bus Day -when students force their way into public buses and then ride on top of them. In recent years, buses have been hijacked and damaged during the demonstration.

But on Wednesday, 25 policemen were injured after they tried to stop students at Chennai's Pachiappa's college from hijacking buses, damaging them, and disrupting them. The police was stoned by students on the college campus.

The ritual is meant to be a students' celebration of the buses that ferry them to and from universities, but invariably, students damage public property and force drivers to move at snail's pace, causing massive traffic jams in the city.

"Perhaps they wanted us to allow them to go on top of the buses, walk on the road... disturb the public...for which we said no," said MC Sarangan, Joint Commissioner, Chennai's Central Zone.

The police was reprimanded by the Madras High Court on Monday for not being able to protect the public from the inconvenience caused by students every year. A local lawyer yesterday sent legal notices to the police,

The Vice-Chancellor of University of Madras and other city authorities over their role in allowing the bus day celebrations.

Chennai's bloody Bus Day | NDTV.com

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Such a large crowd shouldn't be allowed on the roads at all, there should be a limit to the number of people, so that the situation can be handled if gone wrong. However a crowd has no sense of traffic, law or anything, a crowd can have all types of people, good, bad and criminals too. And we can not blame all the people for the misdeeds of some of them, a little overflow of adrenalin can turn anyone into a bad person in an encouraging situation.

sob

Mod
Country flag
This has got out of hand in the last 3-4 years in Delhi. Earlier Shab -e- Baraat used to pass off and nobody outside the community was any wiser of the event.

But agains as many have pointed out that this sort of activity is not limited to young men of the muslim community, during navratras Hindu youths have started the same behaviour pattern for the last couple of years. It boils down to the fact the police are asked not to interfere until and unless the situation becomes very serious.

However if there is good police bandobast we will not witness such hooliganism on the streets of the capital city.

Maharana

Lived in Rajouri Garden for half of my life. Displaying stunts in CP-ITO-Cabinet Secratariat areas on Sundays is one thing, but this this incident is not an everday phenomena. Never witnessed such blatant hooliganism against innocent commuters/women/families in blatant disregard of law & in full view of the police. In your quest to be politically correct & come across as a high-brow elite, please do not try to accuse all & sundry in Delhi when there is no evidence to support your claim
Oh come on now. You mean to say that only a single community has copyrighted the hooliganism that troubles other innocent citizens. There are people like that in every community and that, sir, is not an accusation but blatant truth. Accept it to correct it otherwise just keep harping the tune of a single community has all the hooligans rest all are pure angels.

@TrueSpirit @Maharana

You guys are cherry-picking incidents. From my own experience, youths of all religious backgrounds indulge in such activities. You need only goto DU to see what happens when two political rivals have a go at each other. Does anyone remember what happened after the WC ?

I have also been stuck in Shab-e-Baraat "traffic" jam at 1-2am in the past; I parked my car on the side, walked a bit to matka pir dargah and enjoyed biryani with friends.
That is exactly what I said.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrueSpirit

Wow...what comprehension skills...

People are either angels or they are demons, right ? people are never just people, right ?

Where did anyone on this thread ever said that all the other communities are angels with no bad apples ? You are imagining a bit, too much. What we have been saying is that revelers do not usually indulge in activities mentioned below, during any festivities.

"¢ Loot people including a petrol pump
"¢ Molesting
"¢ Threatening women & families
"¢ Stone pelting
"¢ Injured a policemen,breaking his leg by rolling bike.
"¢ Set fire on vehicles

These activities are normal for you ? Which corner of Delhi are you speaking from ? When was the last time you saw members from any other community committing the above in the name of celebration ? When was the last time you saw police turning a blind eye to such activities ?

Baseless allegations, sweeping generalizations & hollow exaggerations won't cut ice here. Such organized hooliganism & police inaction is not worth condoning.

Welcome to reality.

Maharana

Wow...what comprehension skills...
Thanks, but you failed to comprehend my point that I had issues with the title of the thread which has been changed now.

You are imagining a bit, too much.
Baseless allegations, sweeping generalizations & hollow exaggerations
Given the fact that you did not understand my point, i would rather leave it on you re-evaluate and reconsider whether it is us who are putting allegations (on a community) and exaggerating by blowing the misdeeds of some stupid lads out of proportion and generalizing a whole community because of a handful miscreants or is it some people on this forum who are reading too much into the lines.

TrueSpirit

Thanks, but you failed to comprehend my point that I had issues with the title of the thread which has been changed now.

Given the fact that you did not understand my point, i would rather leave it on you re-evaluate and reconsider whether it is us who are putting allegations (on a community) and exaggerating by blowing the misdeeds of some stupid lads out of proportion and generalizing a whole community because of a handful miscreants or is it some people on this forum who are reading too much into the lines.
You know what, I have long realized that discussing these issues on DFI & internet forums is hardly going to have any impact, anywhere. So, I try to refrain from indulging in.

But, mark my words:

By the time, you would evolve to be able to see the big picture, & the result of your appeasement cum apologetic behaviour, it would be too late. And then, when shit hits the fan, all that you could muster would be clueless "knee-jerk reactions", because you had failed to take into cognizance this snowballing menace that is eating into our territorial integrity (& our very existence) from all directions.

I am done.

natarajan

Oh come on now. You mean to say that only a single community has copyrighted the hooliganism that troubles other innocent citizens. There are people like that in every community and that, sir, is not an accusation but blatant truth. Accept it to correct it otherwise just keep harping the tune of a single community has all the hooligans rest all are pure angels.

That is exactly what I said.
but only certain group is given free hand in the name of vote bank,when police lathi charge those who protest against rape and corruption but remain mute spectator here.Only in india this kind of stupid acts will be permitted

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Rationally observed, it is wrong to label rowdies with a communal card.

It is also wrong not to take up the issue as per procedure just because one is from a community that is politically sensitive.

But then, why blame anyone?

India has been brainwashed so over the decades!

The worst part is that all this silliness has created a most dangerous backlash that is dividing the heart of India.

Our politicians for their selfish gains are killing this country in a manner that is damaging the Nation in a worse mode than the damage the Raj did to India!

And I thought, we fought and sacrificed for our Independence!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles