Om Puri says won't act in any anti-Pakistan film

Neo

Om Puri says won't act in any anti-Pakistan film

Bollywood actor Om Puri on Wednesday revealed that he was apprehensive regarding his visit to Pakistan in wake of the controversy over Kashmiri students who were expelled from their university for cheering for the Pakistan team during the match against India, but the warm welcome given to him in Lahore had removed all suspicions against the country.

"I have decided that in future I won't act in any anti-Pakistan film," he told a press conference. Puri is in Lahore for a play called 'Teri Amrita' with actress Divya Dutta.

"My wish to see Lahore is fulfilled now. I have been in Pakistan before but couldn't get a chance to visit Lahore," said Puri, 65. He said he would also celebrate his birthday in Lahore.

The stage performance has been organised by the Barfi Theatre Productions,hich is headed by Badar Khan, a famous comedian. 'Teri Amrita' is the translation of an English play. It was translated by Javed Siddiqui into Urdu. Siddiqui is the writer of popular Indian movies such as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge', 'Baazigar' and 'Zubeidaa'.

Puri said that he had seen Pakistani movies like "Khuda K liye" and was impressed with the stories and high quality of production. "The Indian government should allow Pakistani movies and TV channels in the country," he said.

'Teri Amrita' will be performed at the Alhamra Art Centre in Lahore until March 15.

Om Puri says won't act in any anti-Pakistan film | Pakistan Today

Neo

A growing number of Bollywood actors are showing maturity and finally looking beyond politics.

Naseeruddin Shah just visited amd performed in Karachi and Lahore and called Karachi audience the best he had ever seen in his entire carriere.

Last edited:

Blackwater

A growing number of Bollywood actors are showing maturity and finally looking beyond politics.

Naseeruddin Shah just visited amd performed in Karachi and Lahore and called Karachi audience the best he had ever seen in his entire carriere.
No bollywood actor will openly speak anti pakistan ,specially sitting in pakistan or while visiting pakistan as pakistan is big market for bollywood after india

Neo

Actions speak louder than words; Amir Khan and Shahrukh Khan have always refused to play in anti-Pakistan movies afyer making such statements.
Their decisions are not commercually motivated.

Both are mega stars and don't need to appease Pakistani fans. Btw, nobody actually cares about the stories these days, all they want is to see Katrina, Deepika, Priyanka or Kareena in a chaddi.

If Om Puri does the same, I'm sure his action would not be commercially motivatd.

bose

Country flag
Om Puri has a bad habit of speaking while drunk...

Blackwater

Actions speak louder than words; Amir Khan and Shahrukh Khan have always refused to play in anti-Pakistan movies afyer making such statements.
Their decisions are not commercually motivated.

Both are mega stars and don't need to appease Pakistani fans. Btw, nobody actually cares about the stories these days, all they want is to see Katrina, Deepika, Priyanka or Kareena in a chaddi.

If Om Puri does the same, I'm sure his action would not be commercially motivatd.
watch movie sarfarooosh

on green : this is where u pakistani always goes wrong:lol::lol:

Blackwater

I don't watch Bollywood movies.
that''s what every pakistan says..:lol::lol::lol:

but strangely still maximum profit of bollywood came from Pakistan from outside India market

strangely 90% paki tv channels are full of Bollywood music and news, their FM channels full of indian songs:lol:

i wonder who watches those Bollywood in pakistan????uzbek,tajik or chechniyans:lol::lol:

Last edited:

Neo

that''s what every pakistan says..:lol::lol::lol:

but strangely still maximum profit came from Pakistan from outside India market

strangely 90% paki tv channels are full of Bollywood music and news, their FM channels full of indian songs:lol:

i wonder who watches those Bollywood in pakistan????uzbek,tajik or chechniyans:lol::lol:
Like I said earlier, Bollywood movies are not popular for their third class hollywood rip off stories but your nangi actresses, cheap and vulgar dialogues and lyrics attract our youth. As long as you keep producing cheap lyrics like Chikni Chambeli, Sheila ki Jawani aur Gandi baat and your actress dance in the smallest chaddis, there is big business for you in Pakistan.

Blackwater

Like I said earlier, Bollywood movies are not popular for their third class hollywood rip off stories but your nangi actresses, cheap and vulgar dialogues and lyrics attract our youth. As long as you keep producing cheap lyrics like Chikni Chambeli, Sheila ki Jawani aur Gandi baat and your actress dance in the smallest chaddis, there is big business for you in Pakistan.
its other way around mate demand and supply not supply than demand.

people of sub continent like to see heroin in small cloths,

if people like to see ur paki moti moti ,maaj type woman in burka ,hollywood would be based in lahore:lol::lol:

BTW Bollywood also produces other type of movies other than small chadis, try to see them:sad::sad:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Rather, Pakis like to watch only those Bollywood movies which have half-naked women, because they are a bunch of sexually frustrated perverts, by and large.

Movies like "A Wednesday", "Black Friday", "Gangaajal", "Shootout at Lokhandwala", "Raaz", "Haunted", "3 idiots", "taarein zameen par", etc. will not be appreciated in Pakistan because it is beyond the intellectual capacity of your nation and your people. Hell, even comedy movies like Golmaal, Malamaal weekly and dhamaal cannot be comprehended by the average Abdul.

I am not saying this - your own post is hinting at this fact. What can we do if Pakis choose to watch only nangi actress movies without storyline?

ladder

Country flag
Yes, Bollywood films aren't popular in Pakistan. The statement can be corroborated by the fact that it wasn't a Bollywood film that was being played in Peshawar cinema hall when it was boomed. But, that doesn't mean it had no girl in small 'chaddi'. :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Making a serious point here: what exactly is an "anti-Pakistan" film? In Sunny Deol's film "Gadar", arguably the most "anti-Pakistan" film of them all, at the end the message was that the nations ought to live in peace and harmony. Sunny Deol says in that film, referring to partition violence, "woh ek junoon tha, ek pagalpan tha, jo guzar chuka. Main nafrat bhula chuka, aap bhi bhula dijiye, please?" (translation: partition violence was a crazed time, which is long past. I have put the hate behind, even you (Pakistanis) should do that).

In movies with terrorism as a theme, Pakistani terrorists are shown sneaking into Kashmir and setting off bombs and carrying out terrorist activities in India. So, Pakis like to call it "anti-Pakistan movie". Someone please help me understand what is wrong with this? It is just a statement of fact!!

Even with a non-existent film industry, Pakis spread an immense amount of hate against India and Hindus in their movies. Far worse than any Indian movie has ever done about Pakistan. And Bollywood is too politically correct to target Muslims negatively. All Bollywood movies preach communal harmony and preach about how politicians divide society to the detriment of the common Hindu and Muslim. And here people like Mahesh Bhatt and Om Puri want to grovel and crawl before the Pakis, and make needless statements. And Pakis lecture us, to add insult to injury! Talk about pot calling the kettle black!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles