Ok this is getting wierd!

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Ok guys i need help i've been getting these calls from an unknown number during the night,both times i've got these calls i've been sleeping and haven't picked up. on checking today i found out that the calls were coming from somalia!:shocked:

WTF is this all about?

the number is +252-40212343

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Ok guys i need help i've been getting these calls from an unknown number during the night,both times i've got these calls i've been sleeping and haven't picked up. on checking today i found out that the calls were coming from somalia!:shocked:

WTF is this all about?

Maybe the pirates have a hostage you might want to ransom?

Seriously, I wouldn't return a call like that or even answer it; you might find an enormous charge on your phone bill.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Probably a scam. You know, something along the lines "I am a poor Somali kid, give me $1000 so I can go raid some ships", except a bit more subtle.

As a general rule I keep my phone off while sleeping and don't answer most calls I get, so it's not an issue for me.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
pick up the call once, and you will know ........................ and its not from pakistan that you are getting this call, so take up the call.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Do NOT pick up the call!! Do not call back either. These are re-routed spam calls from Africans in India, targeting individuals - usually via fake lottery schemes or ponzii schemes that elicit sensitive bank info or debit numbers, passwords &c.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag

WTF is this all about?

+92 calls are from failed state pakistan and others are from their sister states such as Somaila.

These numbers are like those sex chat numbers if you by any chance call them back you will lose Rs. 50 per min or sec (I am not sure about the time of the pulse but its is Rs. 50 per pulse).....My friend called up these guys way back, and he lost a lot of money only talking on phone (his bill which came was huge) and discussing his prize money which these fraud pakistanis, Somalians and Nigerians had to offer.......They say they are calling from Vodafone etc and they will ask for you details and ask you to deposit money in some account to claim your prize money, never do that (this is a two way money making racket for these pathalogical fraudsters). Just remember one thing how can beggara@@ pakistanis, somalians or nigerians can pay you millions in cash prize! ;)

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles