Odds of China Being Behind Tawang Chopper Crashes

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
It is too much of a coincidence that two helicopters went missing near Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh in a short period of time. What are the odds that the Chinese are shooting them down, and Government of India is covering it up to prevent escalation of public tensions like in 2009?

AOE

I wonder what would the motive be of such an event? What would be going through the minds of the Chinese when carrying this out?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I wonder what would the motive be of such an event? What would be going through the minds of the Chinese when carrying this out?
The Chengdu division of PLA is known for taking up these needling tactics with a degree of autonomy from Beijing. Even if Beijing genuinely believes that it is not behind needling India, Chengdu thinks differently.

Tawang is a stone's throw from PLA outposts in Tibet. Even a man-portable SAM can take down a chopper that takes off Tawang.

AOE

The Chengdu division of PLA is known for taking up these needling tactics with a degree of autonomy from Beijing. Even if Beijing genuinely believes that it is not behind needling India, Chengdu thinks differently.

Tawang is a stone's throw from PLA outposts in Tibet. Even a man-portable SAM can take down a chopper that takes off Tawang.
I see your point. An act of aggression like this should be brought up, and Beijing is unable to control them then it makes their diplomatic situation a lot worse.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I see your point. An act of aggression like this should be brought up, and Beijing is unable to control them then it makes their diplomatic situation a lot worse.
Exactly, whether or not intentional, this duality of command allows Beijing to claim its innocence.

Oracle

If proved, down some Chinese jets and helis. Brick for a stone should be the motto!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Well as per the other thread the Chopper has landed.

Rage

DFI TEAM
It is too much of a coincidence that two helicopters went missing near Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh in a short period of time. What are the odds that the Chinese are shooting them down, and Government of India is covering it up to prevent escalation of public tensions like in 2009?
Nil. I've less faith in the Government of India's chicanery than in the Chinese ability to-not-be-stupid.

Besides, they know that in India, it is not just the Government of India that represents India's interests.

As for needling tactics, tarunraju, to be fair, we do them as well. And if it were the CM of Arunachal Pradesh's rotorcraft, I'd expect them to raise a ruckus.

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Well as per the other thread the Chopper has landed.
As per the latest reports, the chopper is still missing. Every media organisation retracted the afternoon's news bit that the CM is safe.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I feel chinese are using some sabotage techniques to compromise the choppers on indian side.

Yan Luo Wang

Interesting conspiracy theories.

Why exactly would we want to shoot down any choppers?

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
Does not seem likely. Latest. ISRO might have detected the site of crash. The indicated site would be reached about 2 pm or may be earlier.

Se La is devilish for choppers. Weather can change within 10 minutes.

Tolaha

It goes this way Wang...

Conspiracy theories (loved by) Pakistanis (loved by) CCP (loved by) Chinese

If you gonna stick to this 'love' theorem, then going forward, you ought to start loving us as well!! :namaste:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Without relevant facts at hand let us not be speculating so much.

Regards,
Virendra

Yan Luo Wang

It goes this way Wang...

Conspiracy theories (loved by) Pakistanis (loved by) CCP (loved by) Chinese

If you gonna stick to this 'love' theorem, then going forward, you ought to start loving us as well!! :namaste:
Well, I don't love conspiracy theories, so your theorem doesn't really make sense to me.

Anyway, I hope the people on those helicopters are safe and well.

blueblood

And what would Chinese gain by shooting down an Indian chopper which is carrying the CM of AP, a disputed region which has been one of reasons for past Sino-Indian war.

There is a difference between PA and PLA. The latter is neither stupid nor arrogant as the former.

blueblood

Double post.
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 20 characters.

Rage

DFI TEAM

Why exactly would we want to shoot down any choppers?
They're conspiracy theories for now.

And I for one am not ready to believe them, just yet. Despite the fact that it's been 72 hrs since his disappearence.

But, China has a policy of frequent escalation in Tawang to keep things on the boil. And the fact that we have a good foot presence in Arunachal Pradesh, Bhutan is a virtual client state and that Arunachal Pradesh is small; and despite these three, he still hasn't been found for over three days, leads one to believe that there may be something suspicious behind the incident. That something suspicious, may not be entirely obvious. China has no influence over the electoral process in Arunachal Pradesh, and kidnapping the CM would serve for no other purpose than for information, which they could gain through more prosaic means; and avoid a conflict of interest with India in the first place.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles