OBOR News & Developments

blue marlin

India will benefit from the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) despite any political disputes, Ambassador of Pakistan to Russia Zaheer Janjua told Sputnik.

MOSCOW (Sputnik), Svetlana Alexandrova — The planned 1,800-mile trade route is expected to connect China's westernmost region of Xinjiang with the Pakistani port of Gwadar on the Indian Ocean. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has repeatedly expressed his concerns over the project, as it will pass through the Kashmir region, a territory disputed by New Delhi and Islamabad.

"The economic corridor between China and Pakistan provides regional connectivity which is lacking in our region. Ultimately, India will benefit from it as well. When the connectivity in the region is improved, India will benefit from it economically: from trade, from communications, from improved infrastructure," Janjua said.

In April, Chinese President Xi Jinping singed agreements to invest $46 billion in Pakistani infrastructure, with a focus on building the CPEC.

Pakistan is already part of China's Silk Road Economic Belt project, which was initiated by President Xi in 2013 to boost cooperation between China and a number of Central Asian nations.

India Narrowing Agenda of Talks With Pakistan Breaches Ufa Agreements

India’s decision to limit the agenda of its National Security Adviser (NSA) level talks with Pakistan to the subject of terrorism runs counter to the agreement made by the prime ministers of both countries in the Russian city of Ufa, Janjua told Sputnik.

Indian and Pakistani national security advisers were supposed to meet late, in August, as a part of a peace effort announced by the two countries at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization summit in Ufa in July.

"Indian preconditions to limit the visit of Pakistan’s national security advisers to discuss only terrorism-related issues, defy the understanding reached in Ufa between the two prime ministers, which clearly stated that the two sides would discuss all outstanding issues," Zaheer Janjua said.

The NSA-level talks between India and Pakistan were canceled hours before they were due to start on August 23 amid mutual recriminations. New Delhi demanded that Islamabad restrict the talks to the subject of terrorism following a row over Pakistan's plan to meet Kashmiri separatist leaders and widen the scope of the talks. In turn, Islamabad said that it could not accept India's "preconditions" for the talks.

"The main purpose of any dialogue between Pakistan and India is to reduce tensions and restore trust. If the only purpose of the NSA’s visit was to discuss terrorism, instead of improving the prospects, it would only have intensified the blame game," the diplomat warned.

Janjua said Pakistan had proposed a comprehensive agenda for the national security talks, including all outstanding issues, as well as religious tourism and the release of fishermen held on charges of trespassing by maritime authorities in both Pakistan and India.

He described India’s objections to the meeting between Pakistani security advisers and Kashmiri leaders as "incomprehensible."

"The Pakistani High Commissioner’s invitation to the Kashmiri leadership was very much in keeping with the tradition of the past many years. Pakistan sees no reason to depart from this established practice," he argued.

Relations between the two countries have been strained since the end of British rule seven decades ago. They agreed to a ceasefire in 2003 following a number of military conflicts over control of the Jammu and Kashmir region. Both sides have repeatedly accused each other of violating the truce.

I_PLAY_BAD

He infers diddly-squat, only jingoism.

In an ideal situation the trade routs and sea lanes are not guarded by a distant nation but a nation in proximity. This makes whole affair of trade and Sea lane security affordable.

By being paranoid (as it is contagious for those who so ever comes close to Pakistan) China will end up spending more to protect CPEC and be thinned out in IOR.

Pakistan trolls think of war scenarios all the time and come out with retard logic challenging the well establish conventions just to sound bravado in front of Indians.

Digressing a bit: I have honestly tried my level best to understand the strategic, economic and military significance of this CPEC. Other than some local benefits like any good road yields. I have found no single evidence that it will force PLAN to thin its concentration in order to set a sea based vigil and protect it for Pakistan.
And, India is not objecting to CPEC entirely. Only the project's part in PoK is a matter of concern for India. Stupid mullahs are not able to understand that and always speak about war and nukes. Tired of talking to these bafoons. They never grow up and soak in wet dreams.

If in case Pakistan is forced to hand over PoK (Paki won't give it peacefully) in future then what is the future of CPEC ? Will that situation replace India as China's all-weather true friend for China's betterment ?

I repeatedly say China is like a businessman and a businessman has no permanent friend and an enemy.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
And, India is not objecting to CPEC entirely. Only the project's part in PoK is a matter of concern for India. Stupid mullahs are not able to understand that and always speak about war and nukes. Tired of talking to these bafoons. They never grow up and soak in wet dreams.

If in case Pakistan is forced to hand over PoK (Paki won't give it peacefully) in future then what is the future of CPEC ? Will that situation replace India as China's all-weather true friend for China's betterment ?

I repeatedly say China is like a businessman and a businessman has no permanent friend and an enemy.

And these same morons got their throats torn and piles protruded shouting J&K as disputed territory for all these years. Now the same disputed territory is not disputed anymore because some road is going to pass via it to China.

I_PLAY_BAD

Pakistan is a fool for this type of stand and Russia will be deemed a fool if it believes this.

I_PLAY_BAD

And these same morons got their throats torn and piles protruded shouting J&K as disputed territory for all these years. Now the same disputed territory is not disputed anymore because some road is going to pass via it to China.
The real reason behind CPEC running through PoK is Pakistan has no other way to safeguard its economy. It needed a fresh trade route for investment to kick-start its economy and feed its people proper food instead of grass and mud. By allowing Chinese investments in PoK Pakistan strongly believes that China will jump in to safeguard its interests and money if India and Pakistan go to war.

Pakistan is trying to bring in China as a third party in the Kashmir dispute because any major decision on PoK will have to be taken considering all stakeholders and China is being pitched as a huge stakeholder. Pakistan is trying to complicate Kashmir issue.

In case of a war (i do not support it) India will dismember Pakistan (because obviously Pakistan will use nukes and we will split Pakistan into a 1000 pieces in retaliation) and take back PoK. At that time what can the Chinese do. As I have said in many places China cannot interfere or it will lose world support and possibly encourage USA to play more in SCS and Japan island coasts. On top of that China may receive few dozens of nukes from India because for India it is a life or death situation when all its borders are being under attack. Reason, when a third-rate country like Pakistan uses nukes if its borders are slightly infringed, India being so big and respected by many and rich of resources will it not defend itself at whatever cost it takes ?

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Does well educated Pakistanis knows the difference b/w grant and partnership???
And on the other thread I was reading well educated terrorist....................bla bla bla :lol:

rohit.gr77

Paki beggars will surely be happy with this development. More money to loot and more Brit women to rape. :hehe:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
@blue marlin Well I smell something fishy.
I mean British use to give aid to christian missionaries and NGO's in other countries.Why this sudden change??
I guess money saved by the England for destabilizing India through NGO's has to be invested somewhere.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Well the British will try anything to remain relevant I guess!
What's next gents you plan on giving the ISIL a couple hundred million quids next?

Also I sincerely hope that none of this money makes it to the jihad gangs terrorising the families of your soldiers, though I know most of it will!

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

blue marlin

@blue marlin Well I smell something fishy.
I mean British use to give aid to christian missionaries and NGO's in other countries.Why this sudden change??
I guess money saved by the England for destabilizing India through NGO's has to be invested somewhere.
marlin,... fishy thats good, 10 points to grifindor!!
what is it with you and religion? are you atheist?
so let me get this straight. we invest in a project in a country thats not india and indians whine about how mean we are. how we report india's darkside.

what if we invested in india? will you still say what your saying now.?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
so let me get this straight. we invest in a project in a country thats not india and indians whine about how mean we are. how we report india's darkside.

You are a Paki so stop behaving like a British.

btw both are shit in anyway... made for each other. :lol:

blue marlin

You are a Paki so stop behaving like a British.

btw both are shit in anyway... made for each other. :lol:
theres my grumpy indian buddy. babe don't cry
why is it you always have to be the party pooper here. troll somewhere else
18485898.jpg

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

Lets give some brahmos and submarines to Argentina.
Lets report incest and kids grooming in british land.
Make a documentary about british atrocities on her colonies.How they shamelessly glorify a fascist b@stard churchill who was responsible for 4 million death.
Hope you got your answer.
PS: I still didn't get where I was whining in my last post.....

pmaitra

Grant and Partnership, am I missing something @pmaitra ? Looks like some Pakistani newspaper.
These grants, to my mind, are actually loans, given to Pakistan, and Pakistan will be expected to repay them with interest, or repay them in other ways that will be worth more than the grant. This is no charity. India's response should be to sink all that investment and make this highway untenable. How to do it? Well, that's a wink. :wink:

pmaitra

Two threads on the same topic were opened by @blue marlin. So as to discourage spamming, both the threads have been merged.

pmaitra

A third thread merged. So, now we have three threads on the same topic merged into one.

Neo

Iran agrees to consider being part of CPEC
By Peer Muhammad
September 2, 2015

Pakistan proposed concessionary fares between Zahedan and Quetta by the time freight traffic picks up pace. PHOTO: AFP
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and Iran have agreed to consider linking the latter with the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) in an effort to strengthen border markets and upgrade road and railway networks.

“Pakistan has invited Iran to become part of the CPEC and help strengthen border markets, upgrade railways, build warehouses and open/upgrade border crossing points,” said a senior officer in the Ministry of Commerce while talking to The Express Tribune.

During a meeting of the Pak-Iran Joint Working Group and Technical Committee on Trade, in the last week of August, the two sides discussed trade and investment-related issues and how to frame a five-year strategic plan to enhance bilateral trade.

Read: Iran not against CPEC, Gwadar port: Javad Zarif

They met in the backdrop of possible lifting of sanctions from Iran by the international community.

They agreed on the need of implementing the bilateral Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA), including promotion of transparency and establishment of a mechanism that issues prior notification.

Expected freight train operations also came up for review and the Iranian side was reminded that in the Zaheden meeting in May this year, Pakistan had stressed the need for beginning the services on a regular basis.

In the subsequent meeting on August 19 and 20, both sides agreed to offer freight train services on the 1st and 15th of each month, subject to availability of cargo.

Pakistan proposed concessionary fares between Zahedan and Quetta by the time freight traffic picks up pace.

It was suggested that representatives from the respective ministries, responsible for agricultural matters, should participate in meetings of the Joint Working Group on Trade to facilitate decision-making regarding trade in agro-products.

“The Iranian delegation will convey all proposals and suggestions to the authorities concerned in their country and inform about the decisions later,” said the official in the Ministry of Commerce.

Read: Iran’s strategic port offer to help India bypass Pakistan

He added Iran was also interested in linking itself with the CPEC to expand its border markets with regional countries.

warrior monk

I don't know why Indian members are worried about CPEC i think it is a good for Pakistan . To put things in perspective India is also going to invest 1.5 trillion US$ in the next 7 years in our infrastructure , compared to that CPEC is loose change .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles