Obama to give priority to India ties in 2nd term

Country flag
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/7872116.cms

WASHINGTON: US President Barack Obama will continue to give priority to building ties with emerging powers like India, China and Brazil in rebalancing US foreign policy in his second term too.

"It's not related" to a second term, Obama's press secretary Jay Carney told reporters Monday citing President's National Security Advisor Tom Donilon about the approach that the Obama took when he took office in January 2009.

To rebalance US priorities in foreign policy, Obama took "into account the emergence of countries like China and India and Brazil in the way we look strategically at the world, and not to focus solely on one or two regions," he said.

"More broadly, I think also that he came in determined to re-establish America's leadership-America's standing in the world-and feels that great progress has been made in that regard as well," Carney said.

In a little over two years that he has been in office, Obama has taken "enormous steps: towards overcoming a lot of challenges, "principally the economic ones, but also rebalancing our foreign policy and re-establishing American leadership around the world," he said.

But to suggest that all the challenges that the US faced when President Obama was sworn into office have been successfully negotiated is simply, obviously, not the case, Carney said.

"And so there's much work to be done, and not least of which-in fact, most important of which-is the continued need for economic growth and job creation and investment in those areas of our country that will help us compete in the 21st century and win the future," he said. "That's his principal, top-line focus."

The White House spokesman was asked about Obama's second term priorities after the president launched his bid for re-election with a short video on BarackObama.com using what apparently will be one of his campaign slogans, "It begins with us."

Obama also sent an e-mail to supporters before officially filing papers for the November 2012 election Monday with the Federal Election Commission.

"We've always known that lasting change wouldn't come quickly or easily. It never does. But as my administration and folks across the country fight to protect the progress we've made - and make more - we also need to begin mobilising for 2012, long before the time comes for me to begin campaigning in earnest," Obama said in his e-mail message.

SHASH2K2

Is it really a promise or just a cheap publicity stunt to garner support of Indians there and clout of Indian Lobby?

Country flag
Is it really a promise or just a cheap publicity stunt to garner support of Indians there and clout of Indian Lobby?
Indians were the second biggest contributor to his campaign ,and he did not do much in his first term. Why would the second term be different??

SHASH2K2

Indians were the second biggest contributor to his campaign ,and he did not do much in his first term. Why would the second term be different??
I guess this time Indian voters and financers will switch their loyalties as Obama has not been very loyal to them and their intrests. Any guess who will run against him? Sarah Palin :D

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Obama sat out the Libya War to go sell SH in Brasil. When the next war comes, he will go to India.

AOE

If Sarah Palin runs against Obama as the Republican candidate for 2012, I'm fairly confidant that will guarantee a second term for Obama.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
If Sarah Palin runs against Obama as the Republican candidate for 2012, I'm fairly confidant that will guarantee a second term for Obama.
Not really, you underestimate how dumb the American voters are and i wont be surprised if they elect that gun trotting morally upright christian Wh...Women. After the second term election of Bush i really dont know what to expect from them.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Mr. Obama was sleeping in his first term or what? It seems more like publicity stunt

plugwater

That media whore can fuck off. He is nothing but talk!!

AOE

Not really, you underestimate how dumb the American voters are and i wont be surprised if they elect that gun trotting morally upright christian Wh...Women. After the second term election of Bush i really dont know what to expect from them.
It's speculative what the outcome will be, but you are right on how dumb the average American is.

debasree

Country flag
why he dont give much attention in his first term,first he will have to explain it.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
HAHAHAHAHAAA! Does he really think he will make it into a second term? Americans are on a collision course with Obama and at least 9 out of 10 Americans that I know despise him. The man is seriously no more sensible than the idiot Rahul Gandhi in this sense. He actually thinks he will get a second term by pissing 90% of his country? :lol: Hilarious!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I wish palin becomes president. It'll be like killing two birds with one stone.

obama is good for usa compared to other options but i dont care about whats good for them so palin it is. :D

Global Defence

New threads

Articles