Jihadi AK 47, 56 and ammo.
Jihadi IED factory in POK
Jihadi Packed Food Unit
Jihadi Grenades
Jihadi Advanced Training Academy
Jihadi Tunnel Making Equipment
Jihadi Stinger
Though all the above items will add up to Indian Army's Inventory.:lol:
US paying money for the bullets which would kill Americans?

OR

US paying money to save more American lives? A Hafta vasulee?

:confused: :confused: :lol:

Sylex21

Makes sense from American perspective. Less than their usual average per year to Pakistan. Allows then to keep doing drone strikes in Pakistan and have influence on their government. We will probably see a sharp decline in US money to Pakistan once their troops pull out of Afghanistan.

See if you had given a country over a billion dollars in military aid every year for the last 12 years, why would you rock the boat now and make a change when your troops are likely to be next-door for only another year. If you were Pakistani you would think why are we spending so much money to fight terrorists that target America who we hate anyways, and you would feel entitled to the money.

Make sense from everyone's perspective, but Indians being upset also makes sense. I've read some articles that have argued that American military aid to Pakistan has actually made their military weaker by promoting corruption, these articles have also claimed most of the money is stolen or siphoned off.

prohumanity

Country flag
Pakistan can be used as a strategic asset against other countries as it is willing to kill its own people for the aid money. A country who is slave and subservient to a foreign power because of its envy towards its neighbor is doomed to fail. I hope Paki gets some self respect and self esteem some day and start taking care of its own citizens.
Some nations are hoping to use Paki whore in the future ,so they keep feeding her aid money . I feel sorry for an average Pakistani...they are pure victims of their rulers.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
Pakistan can be used as a strategic asset against other countries as it is willing to kill its own people for the aid money. A country who is slave and subservient to a foreign power because of its envy towards its neighbor is doomed to fail. I hope Paki gets some self respect and self esteem some day and start taking care of its own citizens.
Some nations are hoping to use Paki whore in the future ,so they keep feeding her aid money . I feel sorry for an average Pakistani...they are pure victims of their rulers.
When you have a problem with your neighbour and a couple of fights happened between you two, someone else coming to pay your fight is the best you would ever have.
Don't feel sorry for any average Pakistani people, they fight because they hate you as much as you hate them, not because someone pays them to do so.

Reactions: Neo

sorcerer

Country flag
When you have a problem with your neighbour and a couple of fights happened between you two, someone else coming to pay your fight is the best you would ever have.
Don't feel sorry for any average Pakistani people, they fight because they hate you as much as you hate them, not because someone pays them to do so.
Well in Pukes case, They hate their payer too... :D

DingDong

Country flag
Pakistan blames India as US holds back aid to Islamabad - The Times of India

WASHINGTON: Pakistan is blaming India for the Obama administration holding back aid to Islamabad, amid calls in the US for a re-evaluation of Washington's munificent policy towards a country that continues to foster terrorists.

A donor conference in Islamabad on Friday aimed at extracting $380 million from the world community to rehabilitate Pakistan's internally displaced people (IDP) effectively collapsed after the US reportedly didn't come through with its commitment to announce $250 million in aid. The $250 million was part of the $532 million under the Kerry-Lugar assistance package that the US ambassador to Pakistan Richard Olson had reportedly assured the Pakistani finance minister the US would disburse.

sorcerer

Country flag
U.S. toughens its fight with China for Pakistan

The main intrigue of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry's two-day visit to Pakistan is that its aim differs from what was declared before his arrival. Washington is afraid of losing its competition with China for the influence on Pakistan which has recently weakened. Pakistan on its part is not very interested in rolling to the side of China at the expense of American financial aid.

The main intrigue of Kerry's visit to Pakistan is the balance of strength in the Islamabad-Washington-Beijing triangle, say experts. In fact, Islamabad strengthened the intrigue. On Tuesday, the second day of the visit, The Dawn reported about the forthcoming visit to Pakistan of Chinese President Xi Jinping quoting Information Minister Pervez Rashid. "Chinese President Xi Jinping, who shelved his visit to Pakistan in September for 'security concerns', is likely to arrive in Islamabad next month," The Dawn said. Pakistan could have announced the Chinese President's visit after John Kerry left the country, from the standpoint of political correctness. Meanwhile, happened what happened. This reflects Islamabad's priorities.

John Kerry discussed bilateral cooperation and common challenges and threats to security. His visit reflected the U.S. intention to fight for preserving its influence on Pakistan on a background against strengthening China's military and economic influence on the country, says deputy director of the Institute of the U.S. and Canadian Studies Pavel Zolotarev.

"Undoubtedly, this is true because Pakistan is a very important foothold for the U.S. in the region. Its concerns about the country are linked to China. To this end, Washington needs some leverage to exert influence on the region. It has recently placed stake on India, but it has failed. India keeps a low profile and acts wisely. Meanwhile, China is also attracted by Pakistan. China solves its geopolitical tasks in South Asia, Africa and the Middle East with the assistance of Pakistan. This concerns, for one, the construction of Gwadar Port in Pakistan. Some people even suspect that Benazir Bhutto was assassinated because she allegedly supported promoting ties with China. In short, the Pakistani foothold is very important for the U.S. This might be more important than its relations with other countries in the region," Zolotarev said.

Commenting on the geopolitical balance in the Pakistan-U.S.-China triangle, expert at the Institute of World Economy and International Relations and expert in oriental studies Pyotr Topychkanov has this to say.

"U.S financial aid plays a crucial role in Pakistan. American money helps Nawaz Sharif to balance the budget. Pakistan depends on both the U.S. and China. During discussions with Pakistani colleagues, I understood that they would not see strengthening ties with China as an exclusively brilliant opportunity. They are afraid that the dependence on China will restrict Pakistan's freedom in its acts in internal and foreign policy. Consequently, Pakistan is interested in promoting ties with not only with China but also the U.S. At the same time, it is difficult for China to compete with the U.S. in the volume and quality of aid to Pakistan," Topychkanov said.

John Kerry supported and expressed solidarity with Pakistan in its fight against terrorism. This is another important outcome of his visit. China has also paid a close attention to the vi
Read more: U.S. toughens its fight with China for Pakistan - News - Politics - Russian Radio
@Ray, @pmaitra, @roma, @maomao, @LETHALFORCE and all others.
==========
Well.. USA knows that its tactics are not going to work with India. But what is interesting is the point about Benasir Bhutto.
I think the aid that is due to Pakistan will be given to Pakistan post Obamas visit to India anyway.

I suppose USA is not stupid enough to armtwist India with the Aid bogey to Pakistan to counter China other than concrete and purposeful dialogue process between US and India. Previous visits done by Obama was an eyewash or simply commercial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Country flag
I have said this for a long time:- USA has invested a lot of time and money in Pakistan
If USA feels Pakistan is being lost to china expect a breakup and all hell breaking loose in
Pakistan. Another point as USA 's relations with Iran improve as they slowly are Pakistan's
Importance to USA may also diminish.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I agree, it is not even aid but as the report mentions: CSF is not a military aid but a reimbursement to Pakistan for the expenses made by the its army in support of the US military operations in Afghanistan.
For Pakistan, 1b $ is huge. Kab tak bheek mangte rahoge?
1 billion dollars is a peanut , crumbs given to buy a whole government and army.
well i dont k now about peanuts, but really before sighting your post,
i was thinking that it wasnt that great an amount - for a nation

now for someone to pocket a portion of it , well, that's a whole different story isnt it ?
so im sure there will be many in the goP - who will be easily "bought" by the usa -
as indeed you have hinted ! :laugh:

but let's see what it means in terms of , say their airforce

india's mmrca is costing us about 10 billlion for approx 100 rafaels
so for 1 billion , they will be getting around 10 rafaels, free of charge ( without maintenance )
while we will be getting 100

so pak is gonna get 10 rafaels to go for a one-time punt - eg start
another kargil conflict an use those
"rafaels " as a one-time hit and try -an if they fail, as they cant afford
the maintenance and spares, well just throw them away

hmm ....not too bad a deal - especially when youre not paying for it ?

Last edited:
Country flag
Roma one nuclear reactor can cost upto ten billion dollars to build and maintain.
View it as enough money to have one reactor or 6 weeks. For that price you get
The whole government and military a pretty cheap bargain for USA .

prohumanity

Country flag
A break up of Pakistan into 4 pieces may lead to nukes in the hands of terrorists and the first attack they are likely to do is on Israel or a western country. Therefore, I think, USA will not like to break Pakistan into pieces . However, due to rising hatred among Pakistanis and their sinking economy a slow motion break up is very likely and have started happening. I agree that Pakistan's use for USA is declining by each day because (1) Most Pakistanis ,now, hate USA venomously (2) USA is gaining more friends in India and India is not opposed to USA (3) Iran threat is declining for USA and Israel as it is getting clear that Iran can not be subdued by military pressure. So, if you can't beat them, join them will be US policy towards Iran and India. Bottomline: Use of Pakistan as a hired and paid gun by west to poke India, China or Russia is becoming less and less relevant due to Pakistan's unpredictable, weak and disintegrating condition.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Rome one nuclear reactor can cost upto ten billion dollars to build and maintain.
View it as enough money to have one reactor or 6 weeks. For that price you get
The whole government and military a pretty cheap bargain for USA .
i liked your post for the logic of it and reference to nuke reactors - being a fact

but i think your other post is a more likely scenario , which i believe will be the case
within the next few years
that is that the importance of pak wall diminish and that of iran may grow
the feeling of pak's hatred for the usa is too deep seated and entrenched from many points
of view to be reversed - iran may fall into the same category but not quite as bad although
the israeli lobby in the usa may not allow usa to ally with iran

diminishing of pak on the cards - 5 years , and we will see the start of it
sorry if i dont go into detail - im sure you know about it .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles