Obama announces total Iraq troop withdrawal

Phenom

Even if there is some hot pursuit by the Americans we'll never hear about it. PA will claim its their soldiers who carried out these operations and the Americans would also corroborate, They'll both cover it up, just like they used to do during the early days of the Drone strike.

Iamanidiot

I think the Americans will forcibly make the Haqqanis a part of the peace process using strong arm tactics against Pakistanis.But they will not go for a war against Pakistan

Country flag
It might end soon abruptly taking down Obama's presidency.
Speaking of abruptly, this might be a re-election plan by Obama after Osama's and Kadaffii's death did not sway public opinion. People want the economy to improve at this point everything else is secondary.

AirforcePilot

Professional
Speaking of abruptly, this might be a re-election plan by Obama after Osama's and Kadaffii's death did not sway public opinion. People want the economy to improve at this point everything else is secondary.
You make a good point. Obama's decision to withdraw all troops was a political one. If you listened to Obam's speech he stated he fulfilled his promise to get out of Iraq. I would imagine he has plans to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan just a few months shy of the election. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Pentagon listing to all the top brass slam Obama.

Adux

Country flag
If the US actually escalates to that kind of level, I am sure paki nukes will be the first target. The US on the face of it is kit going after Pak but the terrorists in it. Pakistan will have to decide if they would still want to be jn bed with the terrorist or save their nation from being sent to stone age, well split into 4. I think the Pakis will do what they did in 2001, a retreat by dumping the terrorists and living to fight another day.

I think with Obama eager to wind down ops in Astan, I would no be surprised if Pak compromises the Haqanis to give the US a sense of victory while actually nothing changes on the ground as someone else will become leader. What Pakis need is terrorists and they can make leaders out of anyone.
Regarding US troop surge to Afghanistan.
I think the idea is to go after Haqqani's in a major way through hot pursuits and drone strikes, and seal of the border with Pakistan as far as possible. I dont think there would be much action beyond that. Unless India can make sure that not even one nuke would fall down on India, it is better for us to have this joke of a War on Terror go on. It is hurting Pakistan enormously to keep it up, their other option is to be failed state or even better break up into smaller pieces.

KS

Bye bye DFI
I'm not sure why so many found my post offensive. Indian infrastructure and institutions under British rule rivaled that of wealthy European nations. Today, the latest Global Competitive Index ranks India 89 behind countries like Egypt, Sri Lanka and Swaziland. Like I said before your own Prime Minister conceded the British provided 'good governance' but India preferred self governance. Why is it so hard to believe Iraqis feel the same as India did in 1947?
And they were 'even' better before the Brits came. India accounted for about a quarter of the world's GDP in the 1700's and that constantly decreased with the 200 years of looting and plundering under the Brits.Not to mention the millions who died of famines and starvation because of the policies of the british Raj.

Speaks 'volumes' about their good rule.

Look you did not do us a favor in coming here - the argument you used for colonizing Africa and Americas..Rather we did you a favor when we allowed you to set trade posts here and lift your nation out of poverty.

I confidently say we would have been much much better had you Pommies not set foot here and in an equal measure say the brits would not have this much prosperity today had they not come to India.

Be humble, coz you did NOT do us any favour.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles