NYPD officer giving winter boots to barefoot homeless man

jalsa

He is one Policeman who really cares about public, we need more cops like that.:namaste:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
The fact that this news story became so big and was splashed on news media across the world shows how rarely this sort of thing happens.

Cops in North America are usually in the news for punching, tasing, shooting dead or trampling innocent civilians under their horses. Try to act like anything else but a servant in front of them and watch how fast you will end up in a hospital or in the morgue. :rolleyes:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Cops in North America are usually in the news for punching, tasing, shooting dead or trampling innocent civilians under their horses. Try to act like anything else but a servant in front of them and watch how fast you will end up in a hospital or in the morgue. :rolleyes:
I disagree. I've never had any trouble with cops whatsoever during all the time I have spent in North America.

I still remember my first year here, when I found myself stuck outside (I was jogging) when it was heavily raining, and my car was parked two miles away. A policeman offered to give me a ride back to the parking lot.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I disagree. I've never had any trouble with cops whatsoever during all the time I have spent in North America.

I still remember my first year here, when I found myself stuck outside (I was jogging) when it was heavily raining, and my car was parked two miles away. A policeman offered to give me a ride back to the parking lot.
However, it could be that cops in big cities like New York and Los Angeles are different from cops in Midwestern suburbs and college towns. My interaction with police has been largely restricted to the latter.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate

You've been lucky to meet one on during his "good mood" days. Check what happened in Toronto a couple of years ago:

Look up the behaviour of police during peaceful protests anywhere in North America-you will find they believe themselves to be above the law. Youtube has thousands of videos of police brutality. There was a famous case in the US, that of Mr. Rodney King. He wasn't the only one. Subsequently, there have been tens of similar cases that I've read of both in the US and Canada.

Rodney King - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After a recorded 56 baton blows and six kicks, several officers again "swarm" King, and place him in handcuffs and cordcuffs, restraining his arms and legs. King is dragged on his abdomen to the side of the road to await the arrival of emergency medical rescue.[22]

George Holliday's videotape of the incident was shot from his apartment near the intersection of Foothill Blvd and Osborne St. in Lake View Terrace. He contacted the police about his videotape of the incident but was ignored.[citation needed] He then went to KTLA television with his videotape, which broadcast it in its entirety.[23] The footage became an instant media sensation. Portions of it were aired numerous times, and it "turned what would otherwise have been a violent, but soon forgotten, encounter between the Los Angeles police and an uncooperative suspect into one of the most widely watched and discussed incidents of its kind."[24]

Last edited by a moderator:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Contributing or doing seva to the people in need is same as doing seva to GOD and the heart to help the needy itself shows that GOD is among us and inside us.....

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

^^
Stupid hippie cunt needs attention & wants to provoke the cops. You call that police brutality?

devgupt

Country flag

^^
Stupid hippie cunt needs attention & wants to provoke the cops. You call that police brutality?
She got what she deserved.She was warned.
I wont tolerate anyone blowing bubbles on my face. Why should a policeman ?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
She got what she deserved.She was warned.
I wont tolerate anyone blowing bubbles on my face. Why should a policeman ?
You see, everything is for the camera in modern society. In fact, nothing happens if the camera is not present.

And the camera changes everything about human behavior.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles