Nuclear-attack on India will finish Pakistan: Ex-NSA

Oracle

Then the pakistanis will go berserk on their nukes production and triple it as the GoI is delivering the official doctrine via any medium.
Isn't that what we want? GoI gives out a statement changing the Nuclear Doctrine. Pakistan goes mad like a rabid dog and starts full scale nuke production. Whatever Pakistan's economy is left, is ruined. There is chaos everywhere inside Pakistan. Pakistan cannot concentrate on their own sons a.k.a. terrorist groups. Gradually Pakistan dis-integrates, while US seizes its nuclear weapons.

SHASH2K2

Shash, what if we we change our Nuclear doctrine from no-first use to ambiguous? A statement like this from the GoI would make the Pakistanis wet their pants. Not to mention, straighten them up a little. And in case, of a high possibility of a nuclear warfare, it would be better if we take them out first.
Bro No first use is only against Non nuclear country. There is always a pre-emptive strike option available in case of war . If we detect any trace of Pakistanis charging any nuclear capable missile or of its launch is detected we will definitely react before it hits us .

Oracle

Bro No first use is only against Non nuclear country. There is always a pre-emptive strike option available in case of war . If we detect any trace of Pakistanis charging any nuclear capable missile or of its launch is detected we will definitely react before it hits us .
I doubt it mate! Can somebody please clarify?

chex3009

Country flag
Isn't that what we want? GoI gives out a statement changing the Nuclear Doctrine. Pakistan goes mad like a rabid dog and starts full scale nuke production. Whatever Pakistan's economy is left, is ruined. There is chaos everywhere inside Pakistan. Pakistan cannot concentrate on their own sons a.k.a. terrorist groups. Gradually Pakistan dis-integrates, while US seizes its nuclear weapons.
No doubt their economy will disintegrate but can we wholly trust the US thinking that they would dismantle the nuke facilities or have some special ops inside pakistan when the two neighbours might be at war??

I don't think in any Indo-pak war, the US will interfere. It will only interfere when they are convinced that the same nukes could fall in some rogue hands and might target US and its allies elsewhere.

India is not an official ally of the United States.

chex3009

Country flag
Its an old document, might help.

Heidelberg Papers in South Asian and Comparative Politics South Asia Institute Department of Political Science India's Nuclear Doctrine: Context and Constraints

Quote from Wikipedia:

Indian National Security Advisor Shri Shiv Shankar Menon signaled a significant shift from "No first use" to "no first use against non-nuclear weapon states" in a speech on the occasion of Golden Jubilee celebrations of National Defence College in New Delhi on October 21, 2010, a doctrine Menon said reflected India's "strategic culture, with its emphasis on minimal deterrence."

Last edited:
Country flag
No doubt their economy will disintegrate but can we wholly trust the US thinking that they would dismantle the nuke facilities or have some special ops inside pakistan when the two neighbours might be at war??

I don't think in any Indo-pak war, the US will interfere. It will only interfere when they are convinced that the same nukes could fall in some rogue hands and might target US and its allies elsewhere.

USA did nothing in the proliferation by Pak, no pursuit of AQ Khan etc... so do not expect USA to do anything different in this case.

Oracle

My post that you quoted, does not talk about any war, but eventualities in case GoI change its stance on the current Nuclear Doctrine.

Country flag
My post that you quoted, does not talk about any war, but eventualities in case GoI change its stance on the current Nuclear Doctrine.
If we get a gutsy govt maybe we should abandon our no first use policy?? just to see the reactions??

chex3009

Country flag
But the possibility of US interfering would only rise in such a case, else they would have already captured those nuke facilities instead of just shouting and making noise.

Oracle

If we get a gutsy govt maybe we should abandon our no first use policy?? just to see the reactions??
Pakistan & China will wet their pants :D
But as the largest democratic country and because of our international stature, I doubt if any Govt would do that, whosoever is in power.

But the possibility of US interfering would only rise in such a case, else they would have already captured those nuke facilities instead of just shouting and making noise.
Nope, I meant Pakistan is in internal unrest because of their home grown, ISI & PA nurtured terrorists and the Kingdom is on the verge of breaking down into smaller pieces. Not due to war with India.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

USA would interfere only in case there intrests are affected due to Pakistani Nukes. If USA is not on verge of loosing much they will not interfere in this. If it is believed that Pakistani nukes are made in china I dont think USA will have much access to them . We are overestimating USA power in having control over Pakistan.

chex3009

Country flag
Its an old document, might help.

Heidelberg Papers in South Asian and Comparative Politics South Asia Institute Department of Political Science India's Nuclear Doctrine: Context and Constraints

More recent one : Reviewing India's Nuclear Doctrine

Quote from Wikipedia:

Indian National Security Advisor Shri Shiv Shankar Menon signaled a significant shift from "No first use" to "no first use against non-nuclear weapon states" in a speech on the occasion of Golden Jubilee celebrations of National Defence College in New Delhi on October 21, 2010, a doctrine Menon said reflected India's "strategic culture, with its emphasis on minimal deterrence."

chex3009

Country flag
USA would interfere only in case there intrests are affected due to Pakistani Nukes. If USA is not on verge of loosing much they will not interfere in this.
Thats exactly what i said in my earlier post.

If it is believed that Pakistani nukes are made in china I dont think USA will have much access to them . We are overestimating USA power in having control over Pakistan.
I have read somewhere, that US has helped pakistanis keep their stock of nukes and its facilities secured by some high-tech locks.

SHASH2K2

rcscwc

Tihar Jail
Banned
In a future conflict, Pakistan can lob a couple of low yield nukes, not on population or industrial centres, but may be in Thar desert, or off the coast of Gujarat. Indian response can be swift, if again low yield nukes. Solid fuel missiles don't need much of preliminaries; mostly aim and shoot. That should deter Pakistan.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
In a future conflict, Pakistan can lob a couple of low yield nukes, not on population or industrial centres, but may be in Thar desert, or off the coast of Gujarat. Indian response can be swift, if again low yield nukes. Solid fuel missiles don't need much of preliminaries; mostly aim and shoot. That should deter Pakistan.
Define low and high yield nukes in pakistani context.

Neil

Country flag
Define low and high yield nukes in pakistani context.
he is right yusuf bhai....pakistan knows that if Indian BMD is in pace before a war breaks out....its chances are very low to survive...so y not hit on troops rather than civilians which will create international outcry if we use them on their cities...so a weapon of low KT which can be fired by a bofor gun or something can easily be used rather than traditional big nuke warheads....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
he is right yusuf bhai....pakistan knows that if Indian BMD is in pace before a war breaks out....its chances are very low to survive...so y not hit on troops rather than civilians which will create international outcry if we use them on their cities...so a weapon of low KT which can be fired by a bofor gun or something can easily be used rather than traditional big nuke warheads....
Again define the low and high yield weapon in Pak context. Give me the number.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles