NSG to hold unprecedented special session to discuss India's membership

SANITY

In my humble view it's all about prestige and image building; India is prematurely trying to be a big boy using all the world fora.

The 2008 NSG waiver is more than sufficient to foresee in smooth and uninterrupted fuel supplies. NSG at this moment is an overkill.
Dude I had asked a different question about NPT. I am not overly concerned about immediately becoming NSG members. I don't know our reason for not signing NPT. That's what I want to know and a few theories I have been reading for some days by some members about US pretending to be supporting India while also blocking it.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
It's not about who deserves to be at the table or not, but how to get there. What will India do? This is the question. Do you have an answer?
And I say who gives a flying hoot about NSG. NSG is not a formal grouping, it has no legal basis other than being a club of self-righteous hypocrites, especially the P5. India can still seek nuclear technology and fuel bilaterally, plus the waiver India received is just as good.
India should be thankful Pakistan did not get in.
i dont think it is wise to play the sour grapes card ....the point is that it must have been of some use , otherwise we would not have bothered

Here is my suggestion : India should be part of P6 of permanent members of SC WITH VETO POWER and so one of the stepping stones toward that goal is membership of the nsg ....... if we dont get that , please see my previous posts that we should not plead for it , neither for this NSG , ....yes it has value but we shouldn't plead for it

we should go our own way keep getting waivers and do our own thing ...that is to say , they dont cooperate with us , so we wont with them ,and the them is china , Switzerland and a couple of others

we should NOT play cheap when china want access to markets nor switz

basically make it hard for them even if we stand to lose some , they are playing a lose - lose game instead of win -win .....well alright !, we should return some of the same

bit we must be careful to be specific and not allow those who supported to be in the cross-hairs as well

@PrashantAzazel
@angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10
@aditya g @asianobserve @Bahamut @BATTLE FIELD @bose @Bornubus @brational @blueblood @Blackwater @Blood+ @bhai-117 @Bangalorean @bengalraider @Bengal_Tiger @biswas_k11
@cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy @Cadian @DingDong @dhananjay1 @ersakthivel @FRYCRY @Gessler @garg_bharat @guru-dutt @Hari Sud @hit&run @HeinzGud @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince @Kshatriya87 @LETHALFORCE @laughingbuddha @mhk99
@MetsaMan @Mark Antony @manutdfan
@maomao @Navneet Kundu @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra @parijataka @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy @Razor @Rashna @rock127 @R.parida @shade @sasum @smestarz
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg @sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @Superdefender @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @Screambowl @Sylex21 @Tactical Frog @TejasMK3 @The enlightened @tejas warrior @tharun @thethinker @tsunami @VIP @VaghaDeva @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf @Yumdoot @Zebra

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
The 2008 NSG waiver is more than sufficient to foresee in smooth and uninterrupted fuel supplies. NSG at this moment is an overkill.
It is a rare comment with which I agree with you. But Madam, 1-2-3 type of agreements are US centric and UN has very little role to play. US is not trust-worthy as far as India is concerned. More so, if we consider either of the prospective Presidential candidates. Clinton will be worst for India.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
So I read that all members except China supported India for NSG.This has seriously cornered and EXPOSED China and proved again that it WANTS to be a enemy of India forever and support Pakis always.No wonder that anti-national parties like CONgress and AAP are celebrating. :tsk:

Now I see #ChinaExposed #BoycottChinaProduct types posts on FB/TW asking to boycott Chinese products.

In my case I usually avoid all Chinese stuff even if I have to pay more.At least the money would stay in India and help the Indians and our economy.

But I am not sure how many Indians would actually boycott Chinese products since it has flooded with market.:hmm:

======================================================================================
@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @Bharat Ek Khoj @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @Bornubus @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @fooLIam @gpawar @guru-dutt @hit&run @Indx TechStyle @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @pmaitra @porky_kicker @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @saty @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @vayuu1 @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma

tsunami

Country flag
As I said before Modi put all his weight for NSG but for now we failed. May be 4-5 years down the line India will be part of NSG but for now congis and AAPiens have started celebrating.

curryman

China will be an eternal enemy for India. This was true yesterday, true today, and will be true tomorrow. Just look at its hypocritical behavior over NSG. One one hand, China says India does not meet criteria for entry, but on the other hand says that India can go in only if Pakistan can go too, even though the latter's criteria for entry is much weaker, especially in area of proliferation.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I suspect modi will go into a statesman mode rather than retaliation mode like blocking trade etc.

Zebra

Country flag
This is like a bad Hindi serial. What is gained by joining sco?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sir, Million dollar question.

Kindly Ask it to entire Indian establishment.

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag
http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2016/06/a-path-forward-for-india-to-become-nsg.html

A Path Forward For India To Become NSG Member By Year End: US

Saturday, June 25, 2016 by Indiandefense News

WASHINGTON:
The US today said that there is "a path forward" for India to become a full member of the Nuclear Suppliers Group by the end of the year, hours after the group's plenary meeting ended in Seoul with no decision on India's membership in face of strong China-led opposition.

"We are confident that we have got a path forward by the end of this year," a top Obama administration official said.

"It needs some work. But we are confident that India would be a full member of the (NSG) regime by the end of the year," the official told PTI on condition of anonymity.

Refusing to divulge the discussions and opposition to India's membership within the 48-member grouping, the official said details of the internal deliberations are confidential. But the US strongly believes in India's membership in the NSG and the Obama Administration has "worked closely" with New Delhi and other countries on this issues, the official said.

Without going into details of deliberations, the official referred to a similar discussion within the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) to which India was inducted early this month after months of discussions within its member countries.

Like NSG, decisions within MTCR is taken with consensus.

"We expected a discussion on the role that India will play and where it has been," said the official.

"We were able to end discussion this week and we have a clear path forward for India to become a full member by the end of the year," the official asserted.

"That's our expectation," the senior administration official reiterated when asked if US expects that India's NSG membership could be achieved by the end of this year.

"Our expectations is that this would be finished by the end of this year," the official said.

The NSG ended its plenary meeting in Seoul with no decision on India's membership.

China, which had made no secret of its opposition, succeeded in scuttling India's bid despite a significant majority backing the Indian case. Thirty-eight countries supported India, according to Indian officials.

Source>>

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
dekho yaar...
come up with genuine and possible scenarios ..

Trade reduction - can be done
Block MTCR - can be done

what is this clear path forward? By no mean India should sign NPT...

Zebra

Country flag
dekho yaar...
come up with genuine and possible scenarios ..

Trade reduction - can be done
Block MTCR - can be done
Sir, as everyone knows record of ChiPak about NPT.

On top of it, Chi is happy to ignore Pak record.

That is enough to prove that NPT is never an issue here.

But still they use NPT as a reason for sake of it, as they need a reason to show.

But there are something else to chew in this case.

And I am saying this, bcz I saw similar type of issue , last year also.

The same pattern, again this time also.

what is this clear path forward? By no mean India should sign NPT...
US already cleared their cards couple of days ago.
If I am not wrong.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
But there are something else to chew in this case.

And I am saying this, bcz I saw similar type of issue , last year also.

The same pattern, again this time also.
Currently people are busy with British Exit and they want to save their asses from loss which is going to happen. In that they would require China and so India.

NPT or no NPT. The technology has reached to Pak, Iran, NoKo and even syria (long back) due to Proliferation and it has happened under the nose of world.

This is why I say list down genuine responses which are effective. Because signs of change in world order are now clear.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
I seriously donot get what is required to become member of nsg when we have wavier from nsg itself

All i know is problem is not with us but other nsg countires where ther laws required to trade with only those countires which are member of nsg ej japan,australia

Even after nsg wavier we have nothing to shoff -off (nucler deal/commerce)the wavier we got.

UPA2 failed in five yeras and even in present modi gov we are yet to start any official construction of nuclaer plant from the wavier we got from NSG

Zebra

Country flag
Currently people are busy with British Exit and they want to save their asses from loss which is going to happen. In that they would require China and so India.

NPT or no NPT. The technology has reached to Pak, Iran, NoKo and even syria (long back) due to Proliferation and it has happened under the nose of world.

This is why I say list down genuine responses which are effective. Because signs of change in world order are now clear.
Sir, imagine few of those countries and others too, take a stand that they got nukes and they give a damn about anything in it.

What else anyone can do about it .....?

Sanctions...! At the most.

And after it , if someone join SCO type thing.

Then what else left ......!

NWO is not new thing. They tried it earlier also.

When ever they got 'no where to go situation' arise, they keep talking about NWO type things.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
A path forward for India to become NSG member by year end: US

Refusing to divulge the discussions and opposition to India's membership within the 48-member grouping, the official said details of the internal deliberations are confidential.
WASHINGTON: The US today said that there is "a path forward" for India to become a full member of the Nuclear Suppliers Group by the end of the year, hours after the group's plenary meeting ended in Seoul with no decision on India's membership in face of strong China-led opposition.
"We are confident that we have got a path forward by the end of this year," a top Obama administration official said.
"It needs some work. But we are confident that India would be a full member of the (NSG) regime by the end of the year," the official told PTI on condition of anonymity.
Refusing to divulge the discussions and opposition to India's membership within the 48-member grouping, the official said details of the internal deliberations are confidential.
But the US strongly believes in India's membership in the NSG and the Obama Administration has "worked closely" with New Delhi and other countries on this issues, the official said.
Without going into details of deliberations, the official referred to a similar discussion within the MissileTechnology Control Regime (MTCR) to which India was inducted early this month after months of discussions within its member countries.
Like NSG, decisions within MTCR is taken with consensus.
"We expected a discussion on the role that India will play and where it has been," said the official.
"We were able to end discussion this week and we have a clear path forward for India to become a full member by the end of the year," the official asserted.
"That's our expectation," the senior administration official reiterated when asked if US expects that India's NSG membership could be achieved by the end of this year.
"Our expectations is that this would be finished by the end of this year," the official said.
The NSG ended its plenary meeting in Seoul with no decision on India's membership.
China, which had made no secret of its opposition, succeeded in scuttling India's bid despite a significant majority backing the Indian case. Thirty-eight countries supported India, according to Indian officials.
READ MORE:
Washington|US|technology|Seoul|PTI|obama administration|Obama

hardip

China... to tha hi... hamare against... including turkey
..(always in favor of Pakistan)
Par what about..other.. Brazil nd south Africa..??
They r shocked...every indian..
Oviously cause of our poor diplomatic policy..
It means not that Modi government did not..do any thing..
( NARENDRA MODI ne jo kiya sayad hi koi kar paye.. hats off for this..)
.humari pichli government ki susti au.r sonia government ka Rahul ko pm banane ke plot ke chakkar me.. diplomatic relationship ka kaam hi nai hua.aur to aur..hamri UN me se temporary seat bhi gayi...

Brazil is like our big economy..
And South Africa..is also military collaboration.... with us..
..so indian...think about... to wake up..nd harsh provoking of Chinese products, gadgets, and evry thing...

Also
India has to get back hand from South Africa...time to pay back....Tit for tate.. policy..

वंदेमातरम्...

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Sir, imagine few of those countries and others too, take a stand that they got nukes and they give a damn about anything in it
The problem of India is , India has been a good boy always. And Good boys always get bullied. It is time to be a naughty one in the class.

I seriously donot get what is required to become member of nsg when we have wavier from nsg itself
Influence to shake economies. That's all!

And South Africa
Brazil and SA have supported , its China, Swiss , turkey and NZ who have mostly opposed.

meanwhile:
Chinese link established in fake Indian currency case, worry looms

http://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...ase-worry-looms/2016/06/23/article3495593.ece

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
China... to tha hi... hamare against... including turkey
..(always in favor of Pakistan)
Par what about..other.. Brazil nd south Africa..??
They r shocked...every indian..
Oviously cause of our poor diplomatic policy..
It means not that Modi government did not..do any thing..
( NARENDRA MODI ne jo kiya sayad hi koi kar paye.. hats off for this..)
.humari pichli government ki susti au.r sonia government ka Rahul ko pm banane ke plot ke chakkar me.. diplomatic relationship ka kaam hi nai hua.aur to aur..hamri UN me se temporary seat bhi gayi...

And South Africa..is also military collaboration.... with us..
..so indian...think about... to wake up..nd harsh provoking of Chinese products, gadgets, and evry thing...

Also
India has to get back hand from South Africa...time to pay back....Tit for tate.. policy..

वंदेमातरम्...
38 out of 48 supporting openly.
Poor diplomacy? :crazy:
Brazil and South Africa are allies of China so obviously will prefer China over India. It was almost fixed that India won't get seat when China protested at first place.
Even then, government put their entire power to get the goal.

We have got success in MTCR. So, success and failures all parts of the game. Don't get obsessed, we have no option except Modi as of now.
Pappu and kejru are fools.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
I have been reading for some days by some members about US pretending to be supporting India while also blocking it.
That's your typical Uncle Sam. One can understand their behaviour. But, one fails to understand the overture we extended towards them in the last few months and all for what?

The only country who can help us get past China is Russian Federation. We must forge stronger ties together at once and decimate the Chinese. Enough of this pessimism about Russia-China bonhomie! Such a thing does not exist. The Russians would rather skewer those yellow skinned midgets than be their friends. We, Bharatvarshis, just need to embrace Russia, instead of trying to get in bed with the uncouth and uncivil and certainly unfriendly America.

Last edited:

Yumdoot

Not that easy to simply use Russia against China. Very long term Russian policy has been to support or at least get out of the way of nearly all Asian powers. Consider Russia as East Europe that the West Europe is trying to eject out. What would be the option the Russian would be left with. I would say Russians are not wrong in principle. But in practice their options get severely restricted due to the historical reality of Asian borders courtesy the colonization of last few centuries.

Russian are not going to be keen to take on China. China alongwith India and Iran are some of the reasons the Russians are treated as Humans and not as Vulcans. Spock can never be the captain in the real world.

Anyhow, this whole shyapa about NSG is strange. The most brainiac argument I have read about Indian entry into NSG is that 'we deserve it'. Also another one that Namibia refused to supply ore because we are not in NSG. Unfortunately a large majority of our people just don't care.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles