NSG to hold unprecedented special session to discuss India's membership

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Immediate impact of not getting into NSG :

1) india would not be able to ratify Paris agreement immediately

2) re-focus on solar will increase, was lagging in last six months

3) we might see push for land bill again for solar push.

Country flag
Indeed, It is "Shocker" for all pro US Indians.

And Modi already knew it that after joining SCO, US won't support anyway.

But what gone wrong in this entire operation.........!

May be , it was kahin pe nigahen kahin pe nishana type operation.

And mission accomplished, as Modi dragged India as permanent member of SCO, in the name of NSG.
This is like a bad Hindi serial. What is gained by joining sco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnantS

Country flag
All India needs to do is hurt China on Trade front. We have lopsided trade balance with China. With Chinese Mobile/electronic items being biggest import. How about banning some of the equipments outright, just like US did on grounds of security. That will make China cringe. Go sell your mobiles elsewhere. INstead give more incentives to Japan/china based companies to move their base from China to India for Mobile and other stuff. Which non chinese manufacturer would not like a market free from Cheap China mobile competition?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
All India needs to do is hurt China on Trade front. We have lopsided trade balance with China. With Chinese Mobile/electronic items being biggest import. How about banning some of the equipments outright, just like US did on grounds of security. That will make China cringe. Go sell your mobiles elsewhere. INstead give more incentives to Japan/china based companies to move their base from China to India for Mobile and other stuff. Which non chinese manufacturer would not like a market free from Cheap China mobile competition?

Arun jaitley is currently in Beijing talking to Business leaders there.

curryman

Immediate impact of not getting into NSG :

1) india would not be able to ratify Paris agreement immediately

2) re-focus on solar will increase, was lagging in last six months

3) we might see push for land bill again for solar push.
And I say who gives a flying hoot about NSG. NSG is not a formal grouping, it has no legal basis other than being a club of self-righteous hypocrites, especially the P5. India can still seek nuclear technology and fuel bilaterally, plus the waiver India received is just as good.

India should be thankful Pakistan did not get in.

AnantS

Country flag
NSG is needed because even Russia our main source is doing what it does best when its sole supplier of things. Given Russia is forging closer alliance with China. Its more important for India to lessen its dependence on Russia.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
This is like a bad Hindi serial. What is gained by joining sco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thought today.

By not joining we would have risked any trade that member states may refuse us on China's dictation specifically using Chabahar port. I mean China may still do it but that will not be an isolation of our own becoming but due to Chinese intervention; and we can deny opportunity for internal and external detractors to use ''not joining'' as an excuse or accusation of diplomatic failures.

I mean we can't do much if China may go full retard. They have got what they wanted by taking Pakistan in SCO and its signaling to India is that they will treat Pakistan equally but never below par India. Let see how their bet on limping mule will benefit the SCO and China in long term.

India must play its positive role in this goody goody multy-polarism as Chinese themselves are become villain of the same cause as we can see they have already started confrontations in SCS and with India by supporting Pakistan. Our presence at multi forums will deny them many advantages as they may enjoy being alone.

In a nutshell it is very important for Indians to understand that a very pro active and assertive foreign affairs office was what India required since its inception. By assertive I mean, backed by a nuisance value that China was able to play well. We may grind our teeth against China but they have got where they are today with such pro-active and assertive foreign policy.

We have missed many mile stones (like we lost the nuclear capable nation tag by a decade, and it had domino effect on other targets) that now it has become mammoth task to be equal among our peers. Looking back it looks like we were ruled by either lotus eaters or compromised scoundrels.

Since hindsight is a bitch so won't bother to make Congi supporters more angry but I am now more concerned if Modi (or his successor) be able to sustain the tempo of this new pro active foreign policy. So far he has managed quite well the internal synthetic distraction his haters are inventing like Suit boot, Beef, FOE, Udta te Lehnda etc.

AnantS

Country flag
^Moreover India needs new markets for its current and future industries.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
There is only one opposition that is China and India has to deal with it.

It's not about who deserves to be at the table or not, but how to get there. What will India do? This is the question. Do you have an answer?
L

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
NSG is needed because even Russia our main source is doing what it does best when its sole supplier of things. Given Russia is forging closer alliance with China. Its more important for India to lessen its dependence on Russia.
How, what and where? Kindly quantify and elaborate how "Russia is forging closer alliance with China".
I agree Bharat should lessen its dependence on Russia, but at the same time also opine that it should steer absolutely clear of the US which is a white elephant. It will promise you the world, but in the end, all you will end up with is a promise, and just that.
Modi should show some dignity and distance the country and himself personally from this useless nation called USA.

SANITY

Somebody explain me the causes of India not signing NPT. What harm does it do to our nation if we sign NPT?

I also don't get some of the theories suggesting that it was USA's plan to make India sign NPT. Explain.

Neo

Somebody explain me the causes of India not signing NPT. What harm does it do to our nation if we sign NPT?

I also don't get some of the theories suggesting that it was USA's plan to make India sign NPT. Explain.
In my humble view it's all about prestige and image building; India is prematurely trying to be a big boy using all the world fora.

The 2008 NSG waiver is more than sufficient to foresee in smooth and uninterrupted fuel supplies. NSG at this moment is an overkill.

AnantS

Country flag
NSG is more of a need of US,Japan & France than India. Wait and watch. India will enter it that too without signing NPT. It may get delayed by couple of months, but that's going to happen.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles