NRIs moving from the US to India: How much salary to expect

santosh10

i made a post on facebook which has some issues related to this topic also as below. which may have a place here too, i think :thumb:

=>
My comment on Australian economy on 17th May 2015 (revised)

Catherine Chan: if i am the govt, i would reply like this. Look, the property market is going up and up. 20k tax break is given to small biz. The GDP will grow eventually but we won't cut negative gearing and super tax concession for surplus.We won't spend more cents in education and jobs as it won't help property price rise quickly. But more foreigners to buy up Australia is welcomed. Quick cash.

my comment: higher property prices would only harm the locals as now property prices aren't much different in developing countries.... more foreign buyers would eventually raise prices of property for the local buyers.....

Australian already has high support for studies, $100,000 student loan without interests but we dont see locals interested in studies, even if there is no entrance test for universities too...... only TAFE or hardly Nurses is the preference for the local Australians, short courses and better employment, supported by centrelink too..... bachelor of engineering , medicines, CA type professionals are generally imported, but higher application by the foreigners too have resulted in tougher immigration rules for the skill migrants, which is good in fact, lesser skill migrants with higher attributes with them, like how our time of 2005-06 itself required 2 Masters of engineering to complete point tests for PR, otherwise only 3 years of temporary visa was available for just a master of engineering, medicines, CA even till 2005-06...... i think now only phd in Engineering is the safest side for PR, i guess, and im not sure whether students of Adelaide still get extra points for belonging to low population growth area. like how we had an immigrant from Sauth Australia in my last firm, WMA Ltd, Mr Sachin Khalake, hence only one Master in engineering degree could help him get PR during his time due to extra points for studying from Adelaide ....

Australia is now a truly resource based economy, more than 70% export of Australia comes from the minerals/metal/gas etc only... even the Australian dollar vary with the international prices of resources now, like how Australian dollar to US$ is valued closed to 70 cents right now. while we were habituated to see its above par to US$ till mid 2008, when resource/oil/gas prices were very high..... simply because, lower the prices of metal/gas/minerals in world market, lower AU$ values maintain profit margin on the mineral production being exported to international market. and thats why we find AU$ down by around 30% to US$ since mid 2014, when we saw oil/gas/minerals prices falling.....

its not about having protectionist view, but we would like to see tougher migration laws, tougher rulers for the foreign buyers of Australian properties, like how we find CHinese having done hefty investments in Australian proprieties, hence raising its prices for the local Australians too.. I would like to see the interest rates of Australia to come to the level of Eurozone, which is hardly around 0.25%, as compare to Australian interests rate at around 2% at present. and it would then mean that interest rate at closed to 0%, similar to Eurozone, would simply reduce the mortgage rate for the locals too. higher inflation due to lower interest rate would be adjusted at present, due to slow down in world market at present, i hope....... also, foreign investments in property would be subjected to tax, say 40% for every dollar investment, hence $1.0mil foreign investment would first result in $400,000 tax, hence maintaining better buying power of locals as compare to the foreign investors....

also, lower interest rate would obviously add more jobs, which has its own advantage if the inflation is kept lower, like how prices are bit low due to slow down in world market at present

we used to say, a Master of Engineering degree is enough to apply for a US's firm, while its PHD for German firms, till our time of 2006-07, 2 Masters was also considered closed to PHD ..... so we would now raise the PR level for the PHD holders of engineering, medicines, chartered accountant, preferably the degrees from Australian university or at least from the OECD economies, while considering those applicants of developing countries also who have experience from leading firms of world...

also, even if we have extra points for the european migrants, the easier entry would be required from the english speaking parts like UK, Ireland, Scotland, for the unskilled migrants, who would at least bring language proficiency, with easy to adjust in society due to similar background. like how Australia has the highest number of illegal stays from UK. i have been in favor of granting permanent visa for the people of UK, Ireland, Scotland on arrival, only for these 3 states, similar to how we have for NewZealand right now. but it mainly has fear of those immigrants of UK, who may create problem within. like how Muslim population rising in UK, and better job prospects in Australia's mining sector may result in high inflow of British minorities, similar to how British are already in highest number for illegal stays...

santosh10

Can't buy a home in Mumbai? Blame the NRIs
June 17, 2012

Mumbai: If you're wondering why the property rates in Mumbai aren't going down, blame it on Non Residential Indians (NRIs). With the rupee falling against the dollar every day, Indians living abroad have increased their investment in the country and especially in Mumbai, meaning that the expected fall in property rates following the recent dry period in the real estate market has not materialised.

According to a real estate source, the real estate prices in Mumbai for a person staying in the Middle East are 25-30 per cent less than what an Indian would pay. Prakash Rohera of Khar-based Kkarma realtors said, "I know about clients from the Middle East and other western countries who were earlier ready to shell out Rs. 1 crore but have now hiked it to Rs. 1.30 crore. Some don't even mind going as high as up to Rs. 1.60 crore. NRIs are investing heavily in Mumbai." :ranger:

"Just a few months ago, builders were chasing clients to buy property, and everyone was expecting the property prices to come down, but the uncontrollable inflation means that most builders are now getting calls from NRIs who want to invest. Why will builders reduce the prices when they are making their share of money anyway?" explained a broker, on condition of anonymity.

Meanwhile, a property exhibition that's being organised in Dubai later this week is already flooded with calls from Indian builders as well as NRIs. A spokesperson for the exhibition said, "The number of builders from Mumbai participating in the exhibition is 15 per cent higher than in earlier years. For NRIs, this is like a sale. The property price has fallen by nearly 25 per cent due to the devaluation of the rupee. We're expecting good business this time."

Manohar Shroff, secretary, Maharashtra Chamber of Housing Industry, Navi Mumbai, also claims the falling rupee is helping to boost the sale of properties in Mumbai. "The increased investment by NRIs has increased sales," he said.

Realty expert Ajay Chaturvedi opines, "There's a slowdown in many western countries, but their currency is still stronger than ours. The falling rupee is making it easy for NRIs to invest here. They all plan to return to India someday, so why not invest in Indian properties," he said. :thumb:

Can't buy a home in Mumbai? Blame the NRIs

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles