North Korea Says It Has Conducted 'Successful' Hydrogen Bomb Test

Compersion

Country flag
India should perform a test only when they develop a proper fusion / hydrogen bomb. They should not risk a fission device test right now.
Nothing against you and also i am sure you are only wanting the best for the nation. But I dont know but why people doubt our capability. I really dont like people questioning our ability and capability and this is one of the reasons why i want us to test again quickly and with confidence and also make it with reasoned proper justification (which there is obviously).

Compersion

Country flag
I think India is not going to test. This may sound risky to a rational mind, but india has to worry about many things. Focussing on just one issue does not make a strong india.

As I said before, the focus is on modernizationation of arms. This is the most critical need.

Fighting a nuclear war is not on the agenda. Period.

The matter of how many weapons india has vs Pakistan and China is practically a highly theoretical discussion and will yield nothing tangible.
Also the same nothing against you and also i am sure you are only wanting the best for the nation.

If someone trying to be cunning and deceitful and also others are being harmed by intent ... we have our scriptures and historic religious texts what would they suggest we do now. Sure be good and dont do anything and see no one talks about us ignores us and thinks bad of us. I am seeing more to the North Korea test and this is obvious to those who can see. Being righteousness and righteous thinking waiting for the enlightenment. It is there on the plate.

no smoking

Country flag
Finally if India is not on 6 party talks do you really think no one thinks the test had impact on India. Do i need to ask what Taiwan thinks about this. What about Philippines and even Vietnam.
Nobody cares enough to ask them, maybe you can call them asking for their opinion.

What about Russia.
Russia is always in the party.

Also you seem to ignore the Pakistani think on this and how cruel PRC is to..... You see the picture i attached above i think and feel the USA is being made out to be that only by PRC - its too predictable and only for show and picture - the PRC is playing the USA for fools - and that is really insulting.
Since you are neither Indian PM, nor the head of Indian intelligence, we can't accept "I think and feel" as the evidence or fact.

You take it with much liberty to say No One thinks PRC is supporting North Korea on this test. The peasants of PRC will like to believe that because North Korea like Pakistan in the eyes of Chinese (PRC and others) is seen to be garbage. But Please be honest and sincere it wont harm you. The post facto response is evident enough. Look at the sudden reaction of the UNSC and where is the draft by the way - sitting on PRC lap only? is it lap ?
Please put some fact in your claim, not "I think and fell".

Also everyone seems to think that India will be impacted economically by testing again. Please look out the window and see what would be the case if the North Korea test was done by PRC and also please look out and see the wonderful economic environment that is out there (not).
You need to convince your own politician that there will be no harm to test again, not me. I couldn't care less about your assumption.

See also the world global benefit that a india test would do because the response to North Korea test is being muddles and confused. North Korea also needs some normal and sane party to be there by its side when you know "sanctions are done". You seem to say no one needs India support on this - i am giving the best and most suitable way out of this for the world and region. People also need to start looking at national interest and it would be a good call and boldness and correct.
The world doesn't agree with you. The world made it very clear: there will sanction if India tests again. You are welcome to look after your own national interest by going ahead with another test. But just don't fool yourselves that the world is begging to do so.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Nothing against you and also i am sure you are only wanting the best for the nation. But I dont know but why people doubt our capability. I really dont like people questioning our ability and capability and this is one of the reasons why i want us to test again quickly and with confidence and also make it with reasoned proper justification (which there is obviously).
Currently we are getting blessed with all kinds of nuke deals from canada, australia, USA etc. All these deals will stop and we won't have enough fuel to meet our power and weapons requirements. Think about it.

Compersion

Country flag
Currently we are getting blessed with all kinds of nuke deals from canada, australia, USA etc. All these deals will stop and we won't have enough fuel to meet our power and weapons requirements. Think about it.
the technicality of such a decision has many different layers. there are terms like grandfathered. there are terms like bilateral. and there are terms like multi-lateral. will there be "no one" who support us. after 1998 what was the timeline of support. which country made derogatory remarks and even inserted a kashmir line in UNSC 1172. I dont know why people think India is without any support. even North Korea the garbage in eyes of Chinese, Japanese, South Koreans has the support of PRC now.

there are also terms like nuclear weapon state. now a nuclear weapon state is blessed with all kinds of nuke deals. do you also know a nuclear weapon state is able to do nuclear trade and conduct testing (yep albeit highly advanced and small and to other extreme with better algorithms & computer models) different to non nuclear state. we need not play around the bush and think what we have now is the best and final solution. why do we need to live in a character of grey. it is a system of circumstances only. but it is not a system of absolute value. we are not on any position where we are locked in and we are not even on nuclear supplies group ... do you question why we are not in a hurry. :hat::hat: :india2:

i ask are we denied to test again by any provision and anywhere. please no manmohan singh said something verbally and to a inch of hearsay.

also

focus higher and if someone can leave a treaty like NPT and it can be amended to even extend it - there is provisions and functionality for it to allow insertion of others with the title of Nuclear Weapon State. There are too many examples in history and near past where things have changed to represent the reality.

After 1998 do you know what happened. There are many who thought it was mistake. Now there are many who thought it was correct. But what is the ideal situation. You see how PRC is talking about North Korea - only sanction "individuals". Such mildness. See Iran that did not even test - remember the sanctions and india not able to trade. See Pakistan that did test - and how their economy was made to swoon and had to beg from others. PRC made them suffer much more.

Where were we getting the nuke fuel from before and after. And the fuel you talk about is for Civilian use. Were the tests done to get where we are and seeing others continue testing for 10 years without inhibition.

Now again i refer to capability. The assumption is we need this nuclear fuel from outside always.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India's_three-stage_nuclear_power_programme

But we need to only follow what others are doing. There is other source of energy and also advancement coming up. Nuclear power supply is not the only and one.

I am not denying that there will be some pain and that will be economic impact. I am seeing the economic and also strategic environment near perfect for us to test right now. But i always say short term pain long term gain.

Compersion

Country flag
Nobody cares enough to ask them, maybe you can call them asking for their opinion.

Russia is always in the party.

Since you are neither Indian PM, nor the head of Indian intelligence, we can't accept "I think and feel" as the evidence or fact.

Please put some fact in your claim, not "I think and fell".
You need to convince your own politician that there will be no harm to test again, not me. I couldn't care less about your assumption.
The world doesn't agree with you. The world made it very clear: there will sanction if India tests again. You are welcome to look after your own national interest by going ahead with another test. But just don't fool yourselves that the world is begging to do so.
okie i think that you are getting the amplification of what PRC is and has got it self into by testing by way of North Korea. It looks and smells good before the test but after there are other issues like India telling that they will test. There is also the outcome of sanctions and other measures on North Korea after a India test. That would be a bluff called out into the open. There is also a gathering in USA that is coming up about "nuclear security". What a chance for the world to talk about a proper nuclear security system and with nuclear weapon status. Perhaps even clear once and for all status of Taiwan.

now i think and feel is my personal perspective. if i am wrong i can also say i think and feel that signifies india has done a big test after 1998 already and dont want to test again. where and when that test was can be felt and thought about. but that is like you say not evidence and fact. like it is not evidence and fact that PRC is the regional leader by its action on North Korea. Regional leadership needs evidence and fact ... India testing now is that a worry for PRC suddenly.

one also needs to look at the reason and reasonableness. You say the "world" does not agree with me. You also say that world is not begging to do that. I think even before we reach that stage the world is looking at PRC and what they will do with North Korea. It is a shame. Also USA is trying to make PRC look worse but they are also looking bad by being played by PRC. How PRC talked and pointed finger at USA was a feast and not even murderers are talked like that. The world needs to be told and remembered that North Korea is crazy and berserk. [This level is still above Pakistan when it got UNSC 1172].

I also like to think and feel that Pakistan is remembering those 9 days and how fast they were raped. And the over 29 days where nothing has happened to the great nuclear weapon area of North Korea.

What is PRC proposing to be done on North Korea. Iran without any testing was made to suffer. Were they crazy and berserk. Is Iran part of 6 party talks like PRC was part when they agreed to punish Iran. Pakistan with testing was made to suffer. Is Pakistan part of 6 party talks like PRC was when the affirmed punishment on Pakistan.

And now there is talk about a Missile and Rocket launch by North Korea. Is it really PRC is not able to control and manage North Korea like they proclaim to all of the world. The Chinese people dont like North Korea. But why PRC still support North Korea if the people dont. Is it really PRC playing the audience. Is PRC doing drama. USA, South Korea and Japan at one stage wanted mlld estrangement but what PRC is doing is making them have strong bonds and unity. The South Korea relations with PRC was getting shifted up a gear and now they are questioning PRC double standards. The USA is making fun about PRC and saying that PRC told them they would manage North Korea and they would not test again. USA looks only good in photos when they deal with PRC and that is what PRC is doing playing USA and thinking they will outplay them. What is really going on inside PRC is everything fine. The North Korea planning is like the Shanghai Free Trade Zone planning.

The world has used this term on Pakistan before and i am surprise it can be used on PRC:

PRC is either incompetent or involved.

Like i said a nuclear test by India will allow for many important takeaways for many of the stakeholders.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
I also remember what Lee Kuan Yee had said about Americans onto the face of PRC people ... dont doubt USA and they are smart and advanced and there is more chance they will be around much after. I do not doubt the USA capability and also the planning and it is not really clear what they are doing right now because there is many facets that are being composed that includes economic and global. That is why i am really watching closely what USA is doing and not at photos and what PRC is playing them. And really feel this is a good opportunity for India and USA to do some chanakya.

garg_bharat

Country flag
I doubt india is looking at north korea, or it is a factor in India's strategic planning.

India is a very big country with complex trade and international relations. Small countries like north Korea can get away with a lot of mischief. It is not possible for india.

Rationally it makes sense to perfect your weapons if you want to use it in war. It is logical to have doubts about Indian capability due to lack of testing. However there are too many variables unfavorable to testing. So it is a question of net benefit.

Compersion

Country flag
from 1974 to the 1998 (20+ years) india has done total of 3 tests with 6 devices. in 1974 the reasons were different from 1998 likewise if India tests now the reasons will be different. after 1998 i am sure there was NOT a understanding that if a country like North Korea (be it any) did 4 tests over 10 years that India would not test again since the P5 has tested many more times. it would be a naivety to assume that north korea test is simple. also it would be wrong to assume that India is not impacted. now there is reports north korea will do another test.

the understanding from 1998 was that there would be NO other country to test after 1998 hence the reason of a voluntary moratorium. A moratorium of such nature that is temporary in nature until a crystallization of the nuclear weapon status of india on actual NPT (not grey area). the grey area of india was with no other nation testing after 1998. such resulted in detailed discussions with many countries but why go along such a path if the nuclear status can be opened up by others and over many years without inhibition. this was with a pakistan nuclear weapon area test since they have a history of proliferation and unable to get the same status of india. you see the P5 was allowed many years of repeated testing and the least number of tests by P5 is 45. India was done 3. North Korea has done 4.

Do we need to discuss why India did not test after 1998. It was clear that it would be moratorium if no one else tested because a P5 with 45 minimum tests and a North Korea with 4 tests is bit outrageous invalid customization and tradition to uphold. India also able to contend the status of pakistan is not like india and the status achieved of nuclear weapon state outside NPT.

I have already given the reasons earlier why India ought to test and the primary one is that North Korea is a proxy of PRC and it would not be able to do any test and movement and behavior without acquiesce from its main bread supplier. Next the global world does not know what to do after north korea test and a test by India would allow for a constructive and supportive takeaways for many of the stakeholders and in fact provide a safe and secure approach out of the situation. You see how Pakistan was able to be sanctioned and raped (PRC had approved with a VETO) since the big mighty India was along for the ride.

finally testing by india will and has to make this more serious because the behavior of North Korea and the region there is playing like children. south korea, japan and taiwan and also others would sure love to have that white horse being riden by India come and give them a boost.

India nuclear environment is PRC concentric and India is part of Asia that requires good leadership that one can read is not being shown by PRC at the moment. A test by North Korea can be seen by the response that is being displayed by PRC that was not even provided to Pakistan!! Pakistan must be licking its raped wounds from 1998 that it is still suffering till date where PRC has a VETO wielding power openly being shown to the world for North Korea. Dialogue and crazy and berserk behavior of North Korea makes the VETO of PRC come out. This is not to say what PRC is doing is wrong since they have to look after themselves and if i was a PRC interlocutor i would not be moving away from my position and it is being played in a grey area that PRC likes to do. North Korea is also a useful tool for PRC to take away attention and focus from its problems. Like Pakistan is used by others to prick India. One will realize that PRC is using the India tests of 1998 and US-India civil nuclear agreement to justify North Korea testing. I would like India to think about it self and be selfish since how else it would allow it to take care of others (first take care yourself). There will be some softness and faintness but the same reasons were there in 1974 and 1998. We will have short term pain but the long term gain is obvious. We have to see who has their pants down when the wave goes away.

India must do a test(s) and the rational and observerence of why and how can be determined later because obviously we would not justify to the world before we test but after. Because if the PRC wants to say that it has no role in North Korea it is making the nuclear regime weak and also showing its incompetence more reason for India to test and make the world sit up and make it nuclear security strong. The North Korea pressure would be released by India testing. North Korea has the history of AQ Khan and even more people will say. Some will say that this is a Pakistan-PRC-North Korea axis and again more reason for India to test. But I doubt Pakistan would have allowed PRC and North Korea to do such a item because it would make them look stupid (already much from 1998). If PRC wants to say it has a role in North Korea and no one do anything to it that is more reasons for India to test and make world sit up and make it nuclear security strong.

a India nuclear weapon test will tell the world that there will be two status one that is nuclear weapon status in NPT and one that is outisde NPT. A country will simple get out of NPT and become a nuclear weapon state that is what North Korea is saying. India NEVER joined the NPT.

The world needs to have a new world discussion on Nuclear Security and Proliferation and a treaty to supersede the NPT.

India testing now would allow such a movement and rightly. Nuclear Weapon status defined and made clear that a state like North Korea later cannot be declared one and make India to be one declared.

Such a new treaty would allow for many important takeaways and make regions non-nuclear (middle east) and better observance. .

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/saud...ions-on-acquiring-nukes-from-pakistan-1268358

"Saudi Arabia Minister Avoids Questions On Acquiring Nukes From Pakistan"

It is not 100% that a country would always have a leader that is alienable to the supporter.

Last edited:

rockey 71

Have you seen the CNN coverage? The Americans have gone crazy. Shabash DPRK, Well Done! It's time people realize that they don't own monopoly over everything.

Compersion

Country flag
Have you seen the CNN coverage? The Americans have gone crazy. Shabash DPRK, Well Done! It's time people realize that they don't own monopoly over everything.
Like i said the PRC is playing the Americans - You have to see this also with how the dancing is being done by USA on the seas with PRC this is like a return slap. But The Ace of Spades is a India nuclear test. It would allow for a strong hand to be put on the table and the pot to be taken out because no one wants to fold now but a India nuclear test would allow that. Sure we can wait for UNSC to try and talk and see again how PRC will wave its VETO on everyone face. Even Russia will open its eyes and whisper to India. I would like a strong worded UNSC resolution to come out against North Korea and have a VETO there by PRC. This would give 100% reasonable justification for India to test. There are many stakeholders that would celebrate a India nuclear test now. I am 100% sure India is watching and having its eyes on the UNSC and how it will (NOT) respond. More reason for India to test again. Once PRC openly shows its hand that nothing must be done to North Korea - India would have strong reason to test. Because it is reasonable for nothing to be done on North Korea and a strong UNSC approach would make them react if not to South Korea and Japan but onto PRC. If PRC punishes North Korea that would be the only reason why India not test but that is not going to happen. But how PRC to Punish North Korea without a severe reaction on itself. Perhaps PRC will say punish but in step-by-step approach not to make North Korea screw up. But again that is not satisfactory to others and 10 years of dialogue is a joke (another reason for India to test). India can have 10 years of dialogue with USA and do no testing because we are not crazy?? Like i said it would be funny but India test would also assist PRC. Because PRC can get on its horse like before and shout abuse at India (but in actual India assist PRC this time).

John Kerry had said that PRC had told him that they would handle things and now things are not like before with North Korea. Why they are consulting PRC with a UNSC worded resolution make it strong and get a VETO by PRC on the paper. After that there can be discussion on the wording - because after that I would like to see a India nuclear test done and be there. India needs to play join the party because it is clear PRC has used the name of India to justify North Korea testing. heck a India nuclear test would even make it reasonable for North Korea and Pakistan to be declared a nuclear weapon area under a new nuclear proliferation treaty that supersedes the previous one and makes it harder for others to become one.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/02/07/national/global-outrage-spews-north-korea-rocket-launch/

It would be funny if Pakistan tests a nuclear weapon again because they must be looking at North Korea and seeing how PRC is protecting them and blackmailing the world. another reason why India ought to test (before).

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
This is because China, a permanent member of the UNSC, has not changed its cautious stance regarding sanctions, as it does not want to overly provoke North Korea. North Korea’s launch of the long-range ballistic missile can be thought of as Pyongyang taking advantage of the international community’s inability to take a unified position.

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0002734088

More and more of the reason for India to test - since such a movement would allow for a unified position to be taken by the world (albeit one which is sensible). Last time i checked India and Japan relations are good.

rockey 71

Like i said the PRC is playing the Americans - You have to see this also with how the dancing is being done by USA on the seas with PRC this is like a return slap. But The Ace of Spades is a India nuclear test. It would allow for a strong hand to be put on the table and the pot to be taken out because no one wants to fold now but a India nuclear test would allow that. Sure we can wait for UNSC to try and talk and see again how PRC will wave its VETO on everyone face. Even Russia will open its eyes and whisper to India. I would like a strong worded UNSC resolution to come out against North Korea and have a VETO there by PRC. This would give 100% reasonable justification for India to test. There are many stakeholders that would celebrate a India nuclear test now. I am 100% sure India is watching and having its eyes on the UNSC and how it will (NOT) respond. More reason for India to test again. Once PRC openly shows its hand that nothing must be done to North Korea - India would have strong reason to test. Because it is reasonable for nothing to be done on North Korea and a strong UNSC approach would make them react if not to South Korea and Japan but onto PRC. If PRC punishes North Korea that would be the only reason why India not test but that is not going to happen. But how PRC to Punish North Korea without a severe reaction on itself. Perhaps PRC will say punish but in step-by-step approach not to make North Korea screw up. But again that is not satisfactory to others and 10 years of dialogue is a joke (another reason for India to test). India can have 10 years of dialogue with USA and do no testing because we are not crazy?? Like i said it would be funny but India test would also assist PRC. Because PRC can get on its horse like before and shout abuse at India (but in actual India assist PRC this time).

John Kerry had said that PRC had told him that they would handle things and now things are not like before with North Korea. Why they are consulting PRC with a UNSC worded resolution make it strong and get a VETO by PRC on the paper. After that there can be discussion on the wording - because after that I would like to see a India nuclear test done and be there. India needs to play join the party because it is clear PRC has used the name of India to justify North Korea testing. heck a India nuclear test would even make it reasonable for North Korea and Pakistan to be declared a nuclear weapon area under a new nuclear proliferation treaty that supersedes the previous one and makes it harder for others to become one.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/02/07/national/global-outrage-spews-north-korea-rocket-launch/

It would be funny if Pakistan tests a nuclear weapon again because they must be looking at North Korea and seeing how PRC is protecting them and blackmailing the world. another reason why India ought to test (before).

Apparently after Pakistan even N Korea has overtaken India in the nuclear field.

no smoking

Country flag
from 1974 to the 1998 (20+ years) india has.....
"Saudi Arabia Minister Avoids Questions On Acquiring Nukes From Pakistan"

It is not 100% that a country would always have a leader that is alienable to the supporter.
Listen, there is nothing stop India from doing another test, but economic sanction.
The reason that P5 and north Korea can do it is that every one of them didn't give a shit about economic sanction (such as China and Korea), or the world can't impose sanction on them at the time (US, Soviet, UK and French).
Now, the whole world has made it clear, there will be economic sanction imposed if you go ahead with a nuclear test. So far, there is no sign that P5 has changed their attitude.

So, as long as Indian public has no problem with the possible sanction, Indian government is free to do whatever test she likes. It is your call, not ours.

Please stop deluding yourselves the world or part of the world is begging you to do the test.

no smoking

Country flag
Apparently after Pakistan even N Korea has overtaken India in the nuclear field.
No, India is still a little bit ahead of the other 2.
The world has acknowledge that both India and Pakistan have successful deign of atomic bomb, but still questioning every North Korea's nuclear test, let alone the hydrogen bomb they claimed.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
'Weakness is not an option': UN Security Council condemns North Korea launch

http://www.firstpost.com/world/weak...ncil-condemns-north-korea-launch-2616300.html

United Nations: The United Nations Security Council on Sunday condemned North Korea's latest rocket launch and vowed to take "significant measures" in response to Pyongyang's violations of UN resolutions, Venezuela's UN ambassador said.

"The members of the Security Council strongly condemned this launch," Venezuelan Ambassador Rafael Dario Ramirez Carreno, president of the council this month, told reporters. He said the launch was "a serious violation of Security Council resolutions."

Representational image. AP

US Ambassador Samantha Power told reporters: "We will ensure that the Security Council imposes serious consequences. DPRK's (North Korea) latest transgressions require our response to be even firmer."

On Sunday, the UNSC began an emergency meeting on North Korea's rocket launch on Sunday and diplomats said they expected the 15-nation body to condemn Pyongyang and redouble efforts to agree on new sanctions.

Speaking to reporters ahead of the closed-door session, France's UN ambassador, Francois Delattre, described North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket on Sunday as an "outrageous provocation."

"That's why weakness is not an option," he said. Asked about plans for a Security Council resolution to impose sanctions following a North Korean nuclear test last month, Delattre said: "The sooner the better, the firmer the better."

British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said on Sunday he had spoken with his Japanese counterpart Fumio Kishida and both had agreed the Council should take strong action against North Korea.

Council diplomats said they expected it to issue a unanimous statement of condemnation on Sunday. They said that, in the coming days and weeks, Beijing and Washington would continue bilateral discussions on the outline of a new resolution to expand existing UN sanctions on North Korea.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, one senior Western diplomat said he hoped the council would be able to vote on a new sanctions resolution this month.

He said the Americans had been pushing for tough new measures that went beyond targeting North Korea's atomic weapons and missile programs, while China wanted any future steps to focus on the question of non-proliferation.

One diplomat told Reuters that Washington was hoping to tighten international restrictions on North Korea's banking system while Beijing was reluctant to support that for fear of worsening conditions in its impoverished neighbor.

Chinese Ambassador Liu Jieyi declined to comment to reporters when entering the council session, saying only that the council was "working very hard."

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Saturday condemned the rocket launch and urged North Korea to "halt its provocative actions."

Pyongyang has been under UN sanctions because of its nuclear weapons program since it first tested an atomic device in 2006.

The United States and China began discussing a UN sanctions resolution after Pyongyang's 6 January atomic test.

rockey 71

In spite of UN sanctions and all that crap, these guys have done wonders in the field of rocketry and nuke. Well done, Kim III.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
In spite of UN sanctions and all that crap, these guys have done wonders in the field of rocketry and nuke. Well done, Kim III.
Yes. But inspite of no sanctions plus additional free aid from other countries, porkistan is still not able to do any wonders.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles