North Korea (DPRK)- News and Discussions

Pintu

They had over 60 years time to get prepared , and truely said LF, if I think that I am a peaceful man and do not hit any body , so all others are and body will hit me , then I am wrong and not qualified to be live in this modern harsh world.

Country flag
China views them and USA as their biggest enemies if that is not a wake up call for them than what is? USA is doing everything to keep things contained but when it explodes I doubt USA will be able to save Japan unless they decide to transfer some nukes quickly.

Pintu

If we see every thing on Japanese defence hardware, each and every hardware is either of US made or built with collaboration and substantial input from the US. They are totally dependent on the USA for their each and defence hardware, despite Japan is a Technologically Advanced Country.

Pintu

Right , LF and the situation will be a repeat of Korea of 1950.

Pintu

Japan's one problem is its Yes Sir! attitude to the USA. Each and every occasion when staunch allies refusing the USA in Asia, the USA always got support of Japan.

Pintu

Not only the Economic Power House but to make them support Power House of the USA.

Pintu

Yes, totally but not a strong ally but weak ally which itself needs protection. I think Germany is slightly in better position that Japan in terms of Military.

Pintu

LF, I can remember, in early 90's when India either test a Missile , mainly of Prithvi , along with the USA only Japan used to come up with stern criticism. In 1998, they placed sanction on us.

Country flag
japan is USA's mouthpiece and a hypocrite with their proliferation to pakistan while telling India to sign NPT.

Pintu

And Simply changed when the USA changed during the Bush regime.

Country flag
every chance they get they tell India to sign the NPT, Hitach/GE will be building reactors in India.

Pintu

I 've found this report on Internet.

According to AFP, the USA still hopes NKorea will postpone Missile Launch.

The link and the report are as follows:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gAVrkSQ6pKc4nKb-X4uUuATcPa6w

US still hopes NKorea reconsides missile launch

1 hour ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) — US envoy Stephen Bosworth said Friday he still hopes that North Korea will drop plans to launch a rocket but stuck to the goal of resuming the nuclear disarmament talks no matter what happens.

Bosworth, speaking in Washington amid reports that Pyongyang may launch a missile carrying a satellite as early as Saturday, pursued US efforts for a measured response that avoids inflaming tension in northeast Asia.

"We have continued to urge, as we urge now, (North Korea) not to launch this. Whether it's a satellite launch or a missile launch, in our judgment, makes no difference. It's a provocative act," Bosworth told a press conference.

"And we hope they will still reconsider and not do this," he added.

But Bosworth, who has dealt with the reclusive, Stalinist regime in Pyongyang for years and was chosen by President Barack Obama to be the special representative on North Korea policy, gave no reason for why he held such hope.

"Realistic or not realistic, it is still my hope," Bosworth said when pressed by a reporter.

If North Korea does go ahead with the launch, the United States will work with its partners in the UN Security Council "to consult vigorously on what action might then be appropriate," he added.

"We believe that a defiance of a UN Security Council resolution is an action that requires that there be some consequences," Bosworth said, citing resolution 1718 passed in 2006.

If there is a launch, the aim is to get back to the denuclearization process as soon as possible after the "dust settles," the envoy said.

He said the United States continues "to look with great interest and great priority to the need to resume" the disarmament talks that involve the two Koreas, the United States, China, Japan and Russia.

The talks stalled late last year amid a dispute over verification.

"That remains of course our long-term goal and we would hope to return to that goal in as reasonable a period and time as possible," Bosworth said.

However, North Korea has threatened to quit the disarmament talks if the UN Security Council imposes sanctions.

He added that it was difficult to know whether international diplomatic measures against North Korea would trigger an escalation of the showdown.

"I'm not predicting they will go into a mode of escalation. They might, they might not," he said.

He also dismissed suggestions that North Korea had taken such a tough stance because the United States was not using enough leverage to make it back down.

"Presure is not the most productive line of approach," Bosworth said, adding Pyongyang responds well to incentives.

South Korean President Lee Myung-Bak said he expects the communist North to try to press ahead with a planned rocket launch Saturday, brushing off calls for restraint by the international community.

The United States and its allies, particularly South Korea and Japan, have condemned the plan as a threat to regional stability and urged the reclusive regime to call off the launch.

But Lee, speaking to a small group of reporters in London, said he believed the North would press ahead Saturday if the weather is good enough.

Pintu

They even speak louder than their patron, I simply can not equate this Japan with Pre 1945 Japan.

Country flag
If some money is offered it is possible bribes always worked with them in the past.

Pintu

That can be done with Financial Help through S.Korea, or giving Aids to North including Food, Medicine etc.

Pure will power will produce nothing for Mr. Obama.

Country flag
Mr Obama is not the hardball style that Bush was, he will pursue diplomacy from every angle he can.

Pintu

Here, nothing can be done with Diplomatic Channel, In my opinion , the USA shall not expect help from Russia or China either.

I have found another one,

According to AFP, Japan plans to develop Missile early warning satellites.

Here is the link and the report.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5i0Z5t71ZJ2H_KwyjJ12EcW8jxwfA

Japan plans missile early-warning satellites

2 hours ago

TOKYO (AFP) — Japan outlined a plan Friday to develop satellites within five years that could quickly detect a ballistic missile or rocket launch from space using infrared sensors.

A task force under Prime Minister Taro Aso released the paper as Japan readied for North Korea's rocket launch. Pyongyang has said it will launch a satellite over Japan some time between Saturday and Wednesday.

Washington, Seoul and Tokyo believe Pyongyang's real purpose is to test the launch vehicle -- a Taepodong-2 intercontinental ballistic missile which could reach Alaska or Hawaii -- in defiance of a 2006 UN resolution.

Japan already has four spy satellites in orbit -- launched after North Korea fired a ballistic missile over Japan in 1998 -- including one that allows Tokyo to monitor any point on Earth once a day.

But the task force called for the development of infrared sensors on satellites that would detect heat from a missile's blast-off and provide immediate warning, faster than the images taken by spy satellites.

"The use of space development serves to strengthen security guarantees. It will advance in the fields of information-gathering and surveillance," the cabinet's space development strategy headquarters said in the plan.

The basic plan also proposed the use of space technology for monitoring the sea to detect smuggling, illegal fishing and piracy.

Japan last May passed a law allowing the use of space programmes for defence, reversing a decades-old policy amid increasing concern about military threats in the region including North Korea.

The proposals, which are set to be finalised in May, came as Pyongyang prepared to launch its rocket between April 4 and 8.

Tokyo has put its military on high alert and deployed land and sea-based guided missile interceptors to shoot down an errant rocket or its debris if they should head for its territory.

What is the use of the satellite , when the neighbouring country going ahead with threatening to attack Japan.

Country flag
satellite program is good in Japan but what good is it if you watch something happening and have no response, but I have a feeling US navy is there and plan of action must be prepared.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles