No words for what I saw today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Param

few men even wear womens clothes so does that mean womens clothes will be considered mens clothes ?
When all men wear the same clothes as women yes it can be called men's clothes.

The examples given by me in post#53 do not refer to "some" men. It was the norm in earlier times.
Trends and usages change with time. There is no law or rigid definition as such in some matters. It depends on people, societies and their choice of words.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
So your telling us that British, from where English originated, is wrong and you alone correct ...?
from your link. goto first link you posted and then click on #12.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Very difficult these days to know who is genuine and who is a professional beggar.
My policy is simple - if its a elderly or physically handicapped I give money because they have no other means. If not I ask them to go away.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
wow messiah tore rajni fan a new one :pound:

SPIEZ

Country flag
I thought I read Hand bag in American English .... ?

Here's a quick reference for you

According to you people who put it up in the wiki page were idiots ...? :confused:
^^^^^
Purse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope you can see what the Fourth one is, it also refer to Wallet! Not so smart a$$ now eh :troll:
Here

Difference between a bag and a purse? - purses bags fashion | Ask MetaFilter

Now what say ..? :rofl: Where's the guy who asked this first ? :troll:

She is saying the part of the wallet that is used to put few coins is purse :pound:
Here I think these references are enough for your understanding, I hope. Anyways I end wasting my time here 8). You can call it whatever you want.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
When all men wear the same clothes as women yes it can be called men's clothes.

The examples given by me in post#53 do not refer to "some" men. It was the norm in earlier times.
Trends and usages change with time. There is no law or rigid definition as such in some matters. It depends on people, societies and their choice of words.
Thousands of years ago there was no wallet. men didn't carry purse as its known today, it was actually a pouch. wallet came into being later on as we know it today.

what you are saying is correct but your misunderstanding it. what is today called purse wasn't being carried by men eons ago...it was a pouch called as purse. today there is a distinct difference between a wallet and purse.

SPIEZ

Country flag
^^^^^
Purse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope you can see what the Fourth one is, it also refer to Wallet! Not so smart a$$ now eh :troll:
Here

Difference between a bag and a purse? - purses bags fashion | Ask MetaFilter

Now what say ..? :rofl: Where's the guy who asked this first ? :troll:

from your link. goto first link you posted and then click on #12.
These are the first and the second link I posted, I don't find anything there ...? :confused:

Param

Thousands of years ago there was no wallet. men didn't carry purse as its known today, it was actually a pouch. wallet came into being later on as we know it today.

what you are saying is correct but your misunderstanding it. what is today called purse wasn't being carried by men eons ago...it was a pouch called as purse. today there is a distinct difference between a wallet and purse.
I know there is a distinct difference between purse and wallet.
Initially the purpose was the same bat as time passed by different accessories for men and women evolved.

Purse was carried by men too, not just eons ago but during Victorian times.
Yeah in earlier times there was no zipper so it was just a pouch but then, what we call purse is nothing but a pouch with a zipper. Later men switched to designs that are called wallets.

Ultimately this argument is about whether a man can use the word purse in stead of the word wallet. I say_ why not?

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag

Here's another link for you to discredit !

American Language, difference between Indian English and American English

There you can see references to purse and a wallet.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Be careful if a poor family comes to you near a railway station and seek your help saying they have been rubbed in train and they have to buy food for the baby.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Be careful if a poor family comes to you near a railway station and seek your help saying they have been rubbed in train and they have to buy food for the baby.
Yup! Many such cases are very common. Another one is men begging for cigarette near tea shops. If one hangs near tea shops they are bound to see it.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Ultimately this argument is about whether a man can use the word purse in stead of the word wallet. I say_ why not?
Only fruits carry purses. Its not a word, its a lifestyle. :laugh:

I am not being homophobic but obviously this gentleman is in denial. Perhaps, our derision can help him accept who he really is ie a queen.

A queen meant to rule the hearts of all warm blooded (mostly due to the weather) "tamizh"(see I didn;t use madrasi) men. With "its" fat derriere and even fatter belly. And I bet "its" dosa chomping skills, will make even the most macho tamizh, go weak in the knees.

Param

Its just a slang, how many people use accurate words to describe stuff or lifestyle?

SPIEZ

Country flag
@ Fat Cat

You are the most disgusting fellow I ve heard of! I don't have to make fun of your family, obviously it has no respect to begin with, and they come talking about lifestyle. Enjoy though!

Param

Only fruits carry purses. Its not a word, its a lifestyle. :laugh:

I am not being homophobic but obviously this gentleman is in denial. Perhaps, our derision can help him accept who he really is ie a queen.

A queen meant to rule the hearts of all warm blooded (mostly due to the weather) "tamizh"(see I didn;t use madrasi) men. With "its" fat derriere and even fatter belly. And I bet "its" dosa chomping skills, will make even the most macho tamizh, go weak in the knees.
Who are you referring to??? Maybe you could rephrase the sentence.

KS

Bye bye DFI
No offense, but most of the time what you guys argue doesn't even make sense and is not even remotely connected to the topic.

I don't condemn trolling/flamebaiting,,...but do it in such a way it atleast has some relevance to the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles