No words for what I saw today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPIEZ

Country flag
what if i edit that wiki page ? wiki is not reliable source.

purse -> to store money, cards and other accessories like makeup, phone etc
wallet -> to store money and cards

it is fact...dont deny.
I think it's in the wiki page because many agree to it. Check the previous post, you are the one in denial!

SPIEZ

Country flag
I thought I read Hand bag in American English .... ?

Here's a quick reference for you
The word "wallet" has been in use since the late fourteenth century to refer to a bag or a knapsack for carrying articles. The word may derive from Proto-Germanic.[SUP][1][/SUP] The ancient Greek word kibisis, said to describe the sack carried by the god Hermes and the sack in which the mythical hero Perseus carried the decapitated head of the monster Medusa, has been typically translated as "wallet".[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] Usage of the term "wallet" in its modern meaning of "flat case for carrying paper currency" in American English dates to 1834 but this meaning was one of many in the 19th century and early 20th century
According to you people who put it up in the wiki page were idiots ...? :confused:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I thought I read Hand bag in American English .... ?

Here's a quick reference for you

According to you people who put it up in the wiki page were idiots ...? :confused:
going back through the centuries :pound:

wallet is used by both men and women to store money and cards whereas purse is only used by women to store not only money and cards but also other items like phone, keys, makeup etc. wallet goes into the pocket while purse goes on your shoulder or hand.

It is not hard to understand.

SPIEZ

Country flag
I guess you are right and all others, including people who put it in the wiki page and people who read and agree with it are idiots, and you are absolutely correct. Good going !

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I guess you are right and all others, including people who put it in the wiki page and people who read and agree with it are idiots, and you are absolutely correct. Good going !
:thumb:

One thing that is certain is that you wont say you use purse again :D

SPIEZ

Country flag
Last edited:

Param

what if i edit that wiki page ? wiki is not reliable source.

purse -> to store money, cards and other accessories like makeup, phone etc
wallet -> to store money and cards

it is fact...dont deny.
Purse - Encyclopedia

purse
1. A small bag or pouch, the opening of which is made to draw together closely, used to carry money in; by extension, any receptacle for money carried on the person; a wallet; a pocketbook; a portemonnaie. ' who steals my purse steals trash.' (Shak) ... 2. Hence, a treasury; finances; as, the public...
Handbag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reticules were made of fine fabrics like silk and velvet, with wrist straps. Originally popular in France, they crossed over into Britain, where they became known as "indispensables".[2] Men, however, did not adopt the trend. They used purses and pockets, which became popular in men's trousers
Men once carried coin purses, and the oldest known purse dates back more than 5000 years, and was worn by a man, Ötzi the Iceman.
The men's purse was revived by designers in the 1970s in Europe
English is a language that is constantly evolving. Usages change with time.What was once considered unisex is now generally used in consort with a particular gender.

It is now trend to say Wallet instead of purse for men.

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag
^^^ I think they would say your references are false next and post two more pictures :facepalm:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This for all the whack jobs arguing around ! :rofl:

all have different meanins...there is difference between diaper and nappy for one!

who are you kidding ? you think british say rooty-tooty point and shooty instead of a gun or slappy ham instead of face ?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

SPIEZ

Country flag
She is saying the part of the wallet that is used to put few coins is purse :pound:
Have you heard of the term ignoranus ...?

[h=2]Definition of ignoranus :.[/h] (ĭg'nə-rā'nəs)
1. (n.) A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
Don't come arguing to me if it has other names like yours :pound: :rotflmao:

SPIEZ

Country flag
few men even wear womens clothes so does that mean womens clothes will be considered mens clothes ?
So your telling us that British, from where English originated, is wrong and you alone correct ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles