Nirmala Sitaraman Selected as India's New Defense Minister

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

Each of these four women is the defense minister from a country in Europe. From left to right, Ine Eriksen Soreide from Norway, Karin Enstrom from Sweden, Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert from The Netherlands, and Ursula von der Leyen from Germany.

http://girltalkhq.com/4-women-defense-ministers-norway-sweden-germany-netherlands/

And we all know how well these countries protected themselves from jihadi migrants.

airtel

Country flag
Good one.
Defence is not a child's play, neither is it the place for a woman.
Defending or deciding on defence matters is not something trivial, the psychology of it all revolves around logic and also manhood. She may have logic, but a woman will never understand manhood. For this singular reason, any woman for the post of DefMin is a pathetic choice.
defence related decisions are taken by a Group of people and not by one person ..........She is an Good choice to Create Pro-Female , progressive Image of BJP + she is a South Indian + She has Good communication skills .

If She is Not a Feminazi /Libtard then I dont have Problem with a female defence minister .

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

Each of these four women is the defense minister from a country in Europe. From left to right, Ine Eriksen Soreide from Norway, Karin Enstrom from Sweden, Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert from The Netherlands, and Ursula von der Leyen from Germany.

http://girltalkhq.com/4-women-defense-ministers-norway-sweden-germany-netherlands/

And we all know how well these countries protected themselves from jihadi migrants.
I don't understand why all of the leftist women are below 4/10:megusta:

brational

Country flag
Perfect choice. She is among the top performing ministers in Modi cabinet. Dedicated and hard-working. Glad to see Govt is giving important portfolio to youngsters and making ways for future leadership.

Superdefender

I didn't know all of you male keyboard warriors were so insecure and blind to see the logic. She will handle the management part while PMO will silently monitor tactics. Where are you taking this thread? Don't be emotional fools. I have read all comments upto here and I have been laughing so much. I want to say that I seriously pity them who think India will become another Switzerland if a woman handles the ministry. Stop these nonsense.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I didn't know all of you male keyboard warriors were so insecure and blind to see the logic. She will handle the management part while PMO will silently monitor tactics. Where are you taking this thread? Don't be emotional fools. I have read all comments upto here and I have been laughing so much. I want to say that I seriously pity them who think India will become another Switzerland if a woman handles the ministry. Stop these nonsense.
We are worried about the general direction.

The whole SM is gung ho about "glass ceiling being broken". Now if you dont get the drift of what kind of expectations it generates and what lies ahead in terms of propaganda, then you are not thinking ahead.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Every one calm don and put back your dick inside your pants.
She is good at management...
By the way she is a "RUBBER STAMP".
Modi will run the show behind the curtains.
Moodiji- the omnipotent, omni present!!

Bahamut

I am against this changing the cabinet after every 6 months . Let them perform for complete 5 years .Only then long term strategies can be implemented .Any new minster will take 2-3 months to learn the working of the office.
Plus be sure that the selected candidate has previous worked in the area ,so he/she has idea of what is on the ground .

Vijyes

By the way, since we both agree on women being in desk job or defence ministry is OK, the debate on Nirmala being Defence minister is over. It is now about women with weapons.

I strongly hold that every man and woman must be ready to defend oneself, culture and family. It is impossible to win on every battle in a war. So, some losses are always to be expected. So, a militia in addition to professional military is a must. Women are to serve only as the last line of defense, not first.

To train this militia, we need trained women. Men can't train other women. It will be inappropriate

Vijyes

A lot of sexist drivel in this thread.
We have a full time Raksha Mantri now and a lot of work to be done. Focus should be on that.
Wasn't Subhash Bhamre a competent minister of state for defence? He was handling all the work till now while Jaitley was only a rubber stamp. Parrikar handed over everything to Mr Bhamre before leaving. Just because he is not a bahubali of politics doesn't mean he does no work. He just keeps low profile

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Zip it you guys.

NS is loyal to Modiji. I think that qualifies her for the job.

We are ensured of few things,
1. Corruption free ministry.
2. Stink eye to OFBs and other DPSUs.
3. More freedom to Army Chief.

Less fancy stuff:
1. absence of macho sound bites after any attack.
2. Less MoD visits to Military outposts.
3. Boosting morale of fighters. We better to look for Army Chief statements not MoD statements.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think people are here missing the point that its not about Woman or male debate but a RM who clearly understand procurement policies and dalals tactics and know how to tame bad apples in Army and PSU ..

She is honest hardworking and loyal but not for this post, The man who is feared most is VK Singh and i think Gov is too scared to appoint him for this post, This is thrice when Gov did not gave him this post ..

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I request all of you to back to the topic.
And the topic is " NIRMALA SITHARAMAN SELECTED AS INDIA'S NEW DEFENSE MINISTER".

Hope you guys didn't have any problems to stick with the topic.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles