Ningbo- Xiangshan Bridge Opens

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
^^It's not just the construction or the manufacturing businesses, China has what it takes to become a great world power and India doesn't. Neither Indian leaders nor the common man cares much about national development or India's standing on the world stage. The continual ethnic, religious and linguistic strife coupled with a government paralyzed by coalition politics, an overburdened and practically useless joke of a judiciary and non-existent law and order mechanisms guarantees that India is destined to forever be relegated to the "could have been''s" of great power politics.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Indeed.

As the Beatles had sung - Happiness is a Warm Gun!

amoy

With no offence being meant, they were more active than ants building their nest.

I am totally mesmerised at the dexterity and skill!!

It's not only about "engineering" feats.

I believe that the Chinese who work overseas get a better pay packet and more perks!
It sounds Indians are disdainful of muscular work (or in other words, blue collar, or labor intensive industries) .

From an individual point of view, more pay and perks for the workers.

From the government (the ruling class)'s point of view, more income / employment for citizens.

I can't wait to see how India (as a state) would deal with the growing Indian ants, soon to outnumber Chinese ants :rofl:

Anyway a large chunk of the population is not the elite sitting in the ivory tower. :namaste:

Illusive

Country flag
^^It's not just the construction or the manufacturing businesses, China has what it takes to become a great world power and India doesn't. Neither Indian leaders nor the common man cares much about national development or India's standing on the world stage. The continual ethnic, religious and linguistic strife coupled with a government paralyzed by coalition politics, an overburdened and practically useless joke of a judiciary and non-existent law and order mechanisms guarantees that India is destined to forever be relegated to the "could have been''s" of great power politics.
Yes problems of India, countless. But we fight it out.
The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I? Light up the darkness.
-Bob Marley

badguy2000

Respected Member
Looks fricking amazing. There's that totalitarian efficiency there at work again. Meanwhile in India we build 5 km bridges many times over the budgeted time and cost requirements and make a big hullabaloo over it!
N.korea is a totoalism .so are many other counties....

but they has no such engineering wonders.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It sounds Indians are disdainful of muscular work (or in other words, blue collar, or labor intensive industries) .

From an individual point of view, more pay and perks for the workers.

From the government (the ruling class)'s point of view, more income / employment for citizens.

I can't wait to see how India (as a state) would deal with the growing Indian ants, soon to outnumber Chinese ants :rofl:

Anyway a large chunk of the population is not the elite sitting in the ivory tower. :namaste:
\Not really.

Indian appreciate when they find that there are robots around.

There is no doubt that robots are efficient compared to normal human beings.

nimo_cn

Country flag
\Not really.

Indian appreciate when they find that there are robots around.

There is no doubt that robots are efficient compared to normal human beings.
Interesting analogy.

I guess Indians are the only normal human race left on the planet, since I see no other races to be as inefficient as Indians.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
N.korea is a totoalism .so are many other counties....

but they has no such engineering wonders.
They don't have money for ancillaries and construction material.

Hard work alone does not build engineering wonders!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Interesting analogy.

I guess Indians are the only normal human race left on the planet, since I see no other races to be as inefficient as Indians.
There are many.

Trade Unions are a feature of any democracy to ensure workers are treated as human beings and not robots or slaves.

Slaves could build the Pyramids of Egypt which is one of the wonders of the world!

nimo_cn

Country flag
There are many.

Trade Unions are a feature of any democracy to ensure workers are treated as human beings and not robots or slaves.

Slaves could build the Pyramids of Egypt which is one of the wonders of the world!
How many exactly? I don't see any other races to be inefficient as Indians. If being inefficient is being human being, then Indians are the only human beings, the rest of us are just robots and slaves.

Let us talk about mordern wonders of the world, such as Golden Gate Bridge built by American slaves in 1936, The Shinkansen built by Japanese slaves, Channel Tunnel by both French and British slaves, etc. Too bad I don't see any wonder built by Indians who claim themselves to be normal human beings,

Maybe you are right, being normal also means being lonely.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
How many exactly? I don't see any other races to be inefficient as Indians. If being inefficient is being human being, then Indians are the only human beings, the rest of us are just robots and slaves.

Let us talk about mordern wonders of the world, such as Golden Gate Bridge built by American slaves in 1936, The Shinkansen built by Japanese slaves, Channel Tunnel by both French and British slaves, etc. Too bad I don't see any wonder built by Indians who claim themselves to be normal human beings,

Maybe you are right, being normal also means being lonely.
If you opened up your eyes, you would see who is inefficient.

But you have closed your eyes.

Now, is this the type of efficiency that warms your heart as excellent?

Gas leaks after a sinkhole nearly 10 meters wide broke three gas pipes and a water pipe in Taiyuan, capital of Shanxi province, on Wednesday.

June 15, 2007: A section of Jiujiang Bridge collapsed after it was hit by a boat in south China's Guangdong province

August 16, 2007: An overloaded truck carrying iron powder caused a bridge to collapse in Taiyuan, Shanxi province

March 27, 2008: A 60-meter section of Jintang Bridge fell onto a cargo ship near the eastern port of Ningbo, east of China's Zhejiang Province

July 14, 2011: The Wuyishan Gongguan Bridge in China's Fujian province collapsed, killing one and injuring 22 others

A different angle shows just how extreme the collapse was...

July 15, 2011: The Number 3 Qiantang River Bridge collapsed under the weight of a truck that was carrying over 100 tons of steel plates

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/china...#ixzz2GZMqTPNp

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

July 19, 2011: The Baihe Bridge in Huairou District, Beijing collapsed under the weight of a 46-foot long truck

August 1, 2011: An over-bridge collapsed when a truck crashed into its concrete support in Zigong, Sichuan Province

August 2012: Part of the Yangmingtan Bridge in Harbin City collapsed, killing three and injuring 5

Read more: Look At All The Major Chinese Bridges That Have Collapsed In The Recent Years - Business Insider

So, Nimo, I take it that it is what you call Chinese efficiency, where you build bridges so that they collapse in no time.

What I wrote for Cinoti, applies more to you.

Let me explain the logic since you are naturally conveniently not wanting to acknowledge that you all are like the 'world largest armchair' manufacturer. Attempting to showing off when actually you are hollow and impressive momentarily till the catastrophe hits you with shoddy construction just to keep to the Communist Govt deadline in its showcasing showing off schedule.

Next, you all are most disingenuous when 'caught out' and your claims of grandeur is proved to be hollow.

Indeed there will be collapses of infrastructure all over the world, but their citizens will not trot out silly and lame excuses to cover up their loss of face. Instead, they will face it boldly and accept.

However f you have seen the photos of Past#9, you will find the slight difference between China and other countries.

China is displaying SUCCESSIVE construction failure i.e. one after the other.

The reason is simple. In the hurry to showoff, the constructions are hollow, flimsy and disastrous!

Now, take and aspirin and go off to sleep!

nimo_cn

Country flag
If you opened up your eyes, you would see who is inefficient.

But you have closed your eyes.

Now, is this the type of efficiency that warms your heart as excellent?

Gas leaks after a sinkhole nearly 10 meters wide broke three gas pipes and a water pipe in Taiyuan, capital of Shanxi province, on Wednesday.

June 15, 2007: A section of Jiujiang Bridge collapsed after it was hit by a boat in south China's Guangdong province

August 16, 2007: An overloaded truck carrying iron powder caused a bridge to collapse in Taiyuan, Shanxi province

March 27, 2008: A 60-meter section of Jintang Bridge fell onto a cargo ship near the eastern port of Ningbo, east of China's Zhejiang Province

July 14, 2011: The Wuyishan Gongguan Bridge in China's Fujian province collapsed, killing one and injuring 22 others

A different angle shows just how extreme the collapse was...

July 15, 2011: The Number 3 Qiantang River Bridge collapsed under the weight of a truck that was carrying over 100 tons of steel plates

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/china...#ixzz2GZMqTPNp
OK, so what is your point? Chinese are inefficient and Indians are efficient?

Doesn't being efficient means being slave or robots?

So what? This time Indians can be efficient and normal human being at the same time.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You are only good as building useless things since you feel that getting into Guinness Book of World Record is the be all and end all of life.

Here is another 'wonder' of China that you did not put up as a thread.

It is the the world's largest armchair, which has been put on display in a Shanghai department store.

The massive seat, which stands nearly 22ft tall and 25ft wide can be turned into a stage for performances at the weekend.

That is all you all can do, build shoddy things and some quite useless things as the armchair, just to dazzle the world momentarily and then come to grief!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
OK, so what is your point? Chinese are inefficient and Indians are efficient?

Doesn't being efficient means being slave or robots?

So what? This time Indians can be efficient and normal human being at the same time.
The point is that for Christ sake, don't get cleverer by half.

Inefficiency, graft, bad governance is a world phenomenon.

So, quit acting as if China is the sole inheritor of the goodness of the world and ever so full of efficiency and dexterity and elan!

Your attempts to 'showcase' and 'showoff' only forces us to show that you have feet of clay.

You are fortunate that you have a controlled press and a closed society wherein you Chinese are kept in the dark and the international world is kept ignorant of what is the real China.

And when they find out as did NY Times on Wen and other corrupt top leaders or Al Jazeera on the Laogais, you block NYT and throw out Al Jazeera.

You are afraid to face the truth and reality as a Nation.

You are fed propaganda and you want to splash that propaganda on the world!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We appreciate what China has achieved and is achieving.

Make no mistake about that.

However, the childish glee that you all display does dilute the magnitude of the achievement.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
You are....g[/IMG]

That is all you all can do, build shoddy things and some quite useless things as the armchair, just to dazzle the world momentarily and then come to grief!
I told you you are still in an agricultural society, this is called commercial, the furniture company paid for an advertisement.
I thought Indians are good at bragging in many creative ways, but you just brag for bragging's sake, you should utilize your talent to sell your product like what they do.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I told you you are still in an agricultural society, this is called commercial, the furniture company paid for an advertisement.
I thought Indians are good at bragging in many creative ways, but you just brag for bragging's sake, you should utilize your talent to sell your product like what they do.
We don't brag.

We are aware of our worth.

Bragging is the propitiatory patent of the Chinese as we have seen on this forum on various threads.

That bragging come crashing once exposed as you have been exposed repeatedly.

How stupid can one get to make the largest armchair that is of no use to man or beast, excepting as a bragging point apart from producing useless stuff!

Quit trying to be cleverer by half as the British English goes and smartassed as per American English!

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
We don't brag.

We are aware of our worth.

Bragging is the propitiatory patent of the Chinese as we have seen on this forum on various threads.

That bragging come crashing once exposed as you have been exposed repeatedly.

How stupid can one get to make the largest armchair that is of no use to man or beast, excepting as a bragging point apart from producing useless stuff!

Quit trying to be cleverer by half as the British English goes and smartassed as per American English!
Okay, you don't brag you just boast on false ground.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles