Next year, India will become one of the world's 10 biggest economies.

panduranghari

in the coming several , exchange rate may influence nominal GDP more than real growth...

some day, when more and more countries agree to settle with RMB, instead of USD, dominance of USD will end and real purchase power of USA will shrink rapidly.
Tell me why would anyone use RMB? What is wrong with USD then? USD is almost dead I know that. But if there is Euro why would anyone except China use RMB? Chinese government tried to control the gold market by setting up Pan Asian Gold Exchange (PAGE). They tried to muscle in on the Chicago Merchantile Exchange (COMEX) territory. China hoped that using the services of top European and American bankers they could do things their way, they were also hoping India and Australia will come on board. The final result was PAGE collapsed. Neither did India nor did Australia help out. When America says you cannot do certain things, you cannot. I guess China learnt the hard way. They spent over 2 billion USD setting up PAGE and what a big flop it was.

I think you need to learn more about economics before you come on here and start spouting bull shit. I for one will keep your ( and your fellow Chinese posters) bull shit under surveillance. You will always find your sapience tested here.

Now back to your kennel with your tail between your legs.

panduranghari

There is something call "google".
And can you believe India GDP will reach $2.9 trillion in three years when it only $1.6 trillion today?

Don't forget India ecomomic data are not optimistic now. The industry output even decline 3.5% in March.
Google is banned in China. Your Baidu perhaps throws in nonsense.

badguy2000

Respected Member
:facepalm: As I said, Nominal GDP is not the correct measure of GDP. But if you want to believe Nominal GDP is more important accurate measure of measuring GDP, then Suit yourself:wave:

well, the following data fully proves that average income varies quite closely with per capital nominal GDP ,more than PPP.

if you use per capital consumption of real consumption,such as electricity,auto sales, steel consumption,food consumption,household comsumption, you would easily find that per captial consumption of CHina's is always 5-10 times of India's ,much more than nominal GDP and PPP show.

Hongkong's per nominal GDP is 32K USD, the average wage of Hongkongese is about 10K HKD(1.3K USD)/month.

Taiwanese per nominal GDP is about 20K USD, the average wage of Taiwanese is about 43K NTD( 1K USD)/month

PRC's per nominal GDP is about 5.5K USD, the average wage of PRC is about 2-3K RMB( 0.3-0.5K USD)/month

India's per nominal GDP is about 1.2K USD, then how about the average wage of India?

linking_park

The figures I quoted are from the economic survey released in April. Not madeup figures.

The topic was wether India is os isn't in the top 10 economies. You dont need 2.9 trillion dollar economy but just be in the top 10. With 1.8 trillion dollar now, it already is in the top 10.
We all know that thanks to the high Inflation rate,India GDP by Rupee grow fast, but it also because high Inflation rate, india Rupee is slide fast.

Still the question.
Someone said 78.8 trillion is 2010-2011 fiscal, and will be 90T rupee in 2011-2012,
First, India GDP growth of 2011-2012 is only 6.X%, and thank to a 7.4% Inflation rate, India GDP by Rupee may be 89T, 14% growth by Rupee.

But the India 2011 fisal you said is start from April 2011, and end March 2012.
And Why India can use Jan-March of 2012, when other countries use data from the whole 2011?

So India GDP by Rupee should cut 14/4% (3.5%) , to compare other countries with equivalent period . It will be 86.X trillion Rupee in whole 2011 year.

And use exchange rate 54/1, so It is $1.6 trillion in 2011.
That is why India is out of ten in 2011 by wikea update. You can search it by yourself.
List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

badguy2000

Respected Member
We all know that thanks to the high Inflation rate,India GDP by Rupee grow fast, but it also because high Inflation rate, india Rupee is slide fast.

Still the question.
Someone said 78.8 trillion is 2010-2011 fiscal, and will be 90T rupee in 2011-2012,
First, India GDP growth of 2011-2012 is only 6.X%, and thank to a 7.4% Inflation rate, India GDP by Rupee may be 89T, 14% growth by Rupee.

But the India 2011 fisal you said is start from April 2011, and end March 2012.
And Why India can use Jan-March of 2012, when other countries use data from the whole 2011?

So India GDP by Rupee should cut 14/4% (3.5%) , to compare other countries with equivalent period . It will be 86.X trillion Rupee in whole 2011 year.

And use exchange rate 54/1, so It is $1.6 trillion in 2011.
That is why India is out of ten in 2011 by wikea update. You can search it by yourself.
List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
currency appreciation can hardly coexist with high inflation in a mid-term or long-term run.

higher inflation means that the real purchase power of the currency shrinker faster than that of other currency....
that means that your currency would have to devalue.otherwsie your currency would be abandoned .

Country flag
It is always difficult to gauge India's economy and reported numbers, many experts claim
the underground economy in India is 3 times bigger than the reported numbers?
Hawala banking is claimed to be bigger than the legitimate banking system?

Last edited:

aerokan

Country flag
yawnnnn.. wake up me when the chinis here are finished with the dick measuring contest :tinfoil3:

Well, somebody explain to me.. so what if it is and so what if it is not!!! Get a life u moron chinese!!!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles