Next Round of Indian Nuclear Tests

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Computer simulations would do.

trackwhack

dont give vietnam nukes. just tell them how to make nukes, will do. they are smart enough to figure it out.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The size of the economy is a factor as no one will be able to sanction a 3 or 4 trillion like's we faced post 1998.

UN security council is not going to be won by asking for one. A strong economy and a military increases our chances to get the seat.
One important factor would be to engage lot of countries in economic development and invest in Infrastructure so that before any sanction they think 100 times.Today India is in a good position since lot of foreign investment is done and more coming.The scene in 1990's was not good but today situation is very different and the reason is IT and most of all we have genuine reasons to have a strong security system due to double threat to existence of India.

latsar

India surely needs a second round or rounds of tests to have a credible nuclear deterence.Since India has a no first use policy the n -bombs that India has to to be thoroughly tested and fully optimized to give India a creditable second strike capacity. India should some how get a tacit understanding with the U.S. a quid pro co for signing the CTBT. The French and the Russian's wont make much noise

s002wjh

Country flag
dont give vietnam nukes. just tell them how to make nukes, will do. they are smart enough to figure it out.
thats the dumbest idea i heard. i'm sure it will go well in US. MSNBC headline "india seling nuclear secret to vietnam" if you want to use vietnam to counter china, nuke is the worst thing to give. if the purpose is to play indifference between vietnam vs china then just give vietnam anti-ship weapon

trackwhack

thats the dumbest idea i heard. i'm sure it will go well in US. MSNBC headline "india seling nuclear secret to vietnam" if you want to use vietnam to counter china, nuke is the worst thing to give. if the purpose is to play indifference between vietnam vs china then just give vietnam anti-ship weapon
but handing nukes to the Pukes was a very smart idea by the chinese??? STFU, you commie slut :lol:

s002wjh

Country flag
but handing nukes to the Pukes was a very smart idea by the chinese??? STFU, you commie slut :lol:
lol then go for it. give vietnam, japan, S.korea, and phillipine your nuke.

there goes again about commie stuff. do you even have any BS other than commie etc it get tired pretty quick:laugh: warmonger

trackwhack

lol then go for it. give vietnam, japan, S.korea, and phillipine your nuke.

there goes again about commie stuff. do you even have any BS other than commie etc it get tired pretty quick:laugh: warmonger

So you avoid answering my question. was it a wise idea to hand nukes to the pukes? yes or no

pmaitra

Not a threat, a repercussion. We don't need to tell them permanent seat or else. We have cards that we can play too. The case is plain and simple. It does not make any sense to have two puny countries like England and France on the P5 and not have India in there. If we are not there, it is our responsibility to ensure the credibility of that organization is destroyed. Through the nuclear deal we pretty much did that with a slew of such cartels.

Getting it diplomatically is all ok, but not in 10 years when its all too obvious. We need in now, we should have been in 50 years back and diplomacy has got us nowhere. Whatever we have bargained and got has been due to actions we have taken. If not for the 98 tests and the missile program we would not have got half of what we have now. Arrogant powers can be won over only through our own show of arrogance.
Pretty much sums it up. The message should, "We couldn't give a tupenny stuff about your crippled organisation! Go blow yourselves!"

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
no doubt that we need to test and re test our nukes so that enemy knows what is coming, in case deterance fails. I mean MT, Thermo nukes to deter them.
May be we should also declear what is unaccetable damage, for any counter strike, so that enemy know even if one nuke is fired at India or its forces any where then what he or they will expect in return.

trackwhack

With what credibility is the P5, who have in total conducted close to 2,500 nuclear tests, telling us not to conduct a second round of tests that will be less than 10? And what credibility does a government ruling our country have that bows to such pressures?

Iamanidiot

With what credibility is the P5, who have in total conducted close to 2,500 nuclear tests, telling us not to conduct a second round of tests that will be less than 10? And what credibility does a government ruling our country have that bows to such pressures?
Credibility is not the issues .I think it is the sanctions that is the issue

trackwhack

What percentage of the total 40% in trade with the US and EU is going to be sanctioned? How is it ok to live under such intimidation? Should not national security trump such apprehensions?

Also dont we have cards that we can play if there are sanctions. Upping defense co-operation with Russia, trade with Iran are all points of leverage. With the EU is the state it is in, they cannot afford to sanctions us. That leaves the US. Can they afford to lose India forever? Think about it. If we test and the US sanctions, then there is never going to be a chance of an India - US strategic anything. Can the US afford that? The test will bring us the required credibility to keep China at arms length. And we dont have an extended threat to worry about. But the US will lose it biggest leverage in Asia.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It's to do with the regimes like NPT. There is nothing that we can do about it but work out way into it. That is why I said we need to keep testing the hearts and minds of the western world. I don't think India is sanction proof yet. We need a bigger economy than what we have right now and also more militarization.

trackwhack

It's to do with the regimes like NPT. There is nothing that we can do about it but work out way into it. That is why I said we need to keep testing the hearts and minds of the western world. I don't think India is sanction proof yet. We need a bigger economy than what we have right now and also more militarization.
I think its this mentality that is holding us back. Our nuclear and ballistic missiles program have a lot to do with our current standing. Sans that we would have the same standing as we did pre 1998. If we want something we should be willing to take it. Nothing is given for free. The cycle will be testing - maybe sanctions for a few years - back to normal - sucking up. Just like it happened last time

Also, understand this - we are still a trade deficit nation. We buy more from the world that we sell. The world has more to lose from not trading with us.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
yeah i also would like to add that we need strong economic growth only then we can make militarily strong, so if we test now it will effect us, this would have negative impact on us in long run.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I will wait for few developments regarding the London Olympics before commenting here:pop:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles