New to DFI: JMM99

JMM99

@pmaitra

I liked Of wolves, sheep and sheepdogs. As I stated, the concept is HT'd to Dave Grossman, his On Combat (pp.180-184), where he explains how he got it from an unnamed retired Colonel (Vietnam vet). I guess that's a pretty good example of how a meme is transmitted. The right-privilege dichotomy, etc., you've already noted.

Regards

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

@JMM99,

I am thoroughly impressed by your knowledge and the articulate way you present things, in this case, things that I believe in. This one for example:
Needless to say, police states anywhere in the World are happy enough to see that public officials act as a matter of right, and that their people act as a matter of privilege. One should recall Dr Zhivago's rebuke: "That law gives you the power, not the right."

happy

@JMM99, I am not a mod so I don't know if I can welcome you to DFI ;). Nevertheless, nice to know you Mike !! Hope we have a good time on DFI !!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@JMM99, I am not a mod so I don't know if I can welcome you to DFI ;). Nevertheless, nice to know you Mike !! Hope we have a good time on DFI !!
You don't have to be a Mod to welcome anyone.

You just have to be a poster to welcome the new poster.

The only privilege a Mod has over a Poser is that a Mod can decide when one's welcome to the DFI requires a change of fresh air! ;) :)

JMM99

@pmaitra

Thank you for the kind words. I like the Zhivago movie and have used its "power-right" dichotomy, e.g., Who is the Final Decider ? More often, I've used the commissar saying:

Understand this: as the military struggle draws to a close, the political struggle intensifies. In the hour of victory, the military will have served its purpose - and all men will be judged POLITICALLY - regardless of their military record! Meanwhile, there are still White units in this area ...
which is one genesis of my little "Rule of Law" - "Laws of War" chart.

@happy

I'm happy to be on board (and that wasn't thought out as a pun - oh well, it's 0245 here and time to go to bed). I've read some of your posts in the "Indian diplomat arrested" thread - now at page 60 in what is something of a slog.

Regards

Mike

happy

I'm happy to be on board (and that wasn't thought out as a pun - oh well, it's 0245 here and time to go to bed). I've read some of your posts in the "Indian diplomat arrested" thread - now at page 60 in what is something of a slog.

Regards

Mike
Great. It is really boring to read through. I appreciate your effort. Would love to hear more from you. Have a good nights rest !!

feathers

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hello friendz

I have been following this forum for a while and hoping for help from members .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles