New post-Soviet alliance ready for 2015 launch: Putin

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
What the Russians actually need is: re-discovering their faith in marriage & family.

The State-apparatus, the religious-heads & the communities must come together to intensify the efforts around incentivising large families/joint families & staying-together. Not an easy task but not an impossible one, either.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
& to little avail. State as well as communities have not done enough which is manifested in their declining population rates.
Church is giving funds not only within Russia but to all the Orthodox communities of Central and Eastern Europe and these funds are not for Russian Catholics and Muslims.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Church is giving funds not only within Russia but to all the Orthodox communities of Central and Eastern Europe and these funds are not for Russian Catholics and Muslims.
Comprehension issues, there...?

I said, not enough done. Results buttress this assertion.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Comprehension issues, there...?

I said, not enough done. Results buttress this assertion.
Russian Government has restored Church properties and have even gave aid for the restoration of Church property.

Whatever Russian Government doing is good but the attitude of Russians have changed towards Indians and believe me this has nothing to do with religion but its all about race .

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
What the Russians actually need is: re-discovering their faith in marriage & family.

The State-apparatus, the religious-heads & the communities must come together to intensify the efforts around incentivising large families/joint families & staying-together. Not an easy task but not an impossible one, either.
This is a good point.
Another thing is to strengthen the economy, to prevent emigration of Russians.

But probably the most important is to curb alcohol abuse.
It should be noted that Russian birth rate is higher than in most European countries, but Russian death rates are abnormally high (alcohol and traffic accidents related). High death rate and emigration is preventing Russia's population from growing. But according to the 2010 census, the population has grown very slightly in 2009, which is a welcome change after 2 decades of decline.

And on the Issue of increasing birth rates, I think currently Putin has implemented a plan wherein women are given cash incentives to have 2 or more children.
Maybe they should bring back Stalin's tax plan on childlessness. Stalin introduced a tax on childless couples to encourage couples to have more children.

Last edited:

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
This is a good point.
Another thing is to strengthen the economy, to prevent emigration of Russians.

But probably the most important is to curb alcohol abuse.
It should be noted that Russian birth rate is higher than in most European countries, but Russian death rates are abnormally high (alcohol and traffic accidents related). High death rate and emigration is preventing Russia's population from growing. But according to the 2010 census, the population has grown very slightly in 2009, which is a welcome change after 2 decades of decline.

And on the Issue of increasing birth rates, I think currently Putin has implemented a plan wherein women are given cash incentives to have 2 or more children.
Maybe they should bring back Stalin's tax plan on childlessness. Stalin introduced a tax on childless couples to encourage couples to have more children.
Very accurate assertion. Tobacco & alcohol are the bane of majority in the Russian working-class. As for tobacco, India had a similar scene till 19th century or early 20th century but ultimately, the societal reforms (which started with the Bhakti movements in medieval India & later on transformed into social reforms) penetrated to the very bottom & the scourge was diminished to a great extent. There could have been additional factors that I am not aware of.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles