New look forum - views, problems & suggestions

Broccoli

Looks like all the forums I use are changing to xenforo. Works better than the old ones so i'm not complaining.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
It was like speaking to strangers in dark.
Now everything is open somewhat.
For an Indian Forum, lot of suspicious, foreign mods and admins there.

Have to be more careful. . .There might be spies who want to tap on Indian Thought Bases.

Edit: Is there some kind of gender label for users?
I always mistake chinese for cute little girls. . . . . .

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Have to be more careful. . .There might be spies who want to tap on Indian Thought Bases.

All mods and admins are Indians.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

:pound::rofl::hehe:

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
You guys finally done it. Now I can see latest posts.
I am giving 5/5 to the new one.

Edit: no of people viewing the section will make it complete.

SafedSagar

Country flag
Why can't i edit my posts after 30 mins? :confused1: or is this happening just to me? if not pls fix it.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Why can't i edit my posts after 30 mins? :confused1: or is this happening just to me? if not pls fix it.
So that posts are not changed later after a counter argument is made related to it. This won't change

pmaitra

Now it would be fun to watch you bitch about AMERIKA!!
It would seem having fun is a good thing to do, but in reality it is not, because, at any time one could decide not to have fun.

:D

Hint: Your argument against the gold standard.

SafedSagar

Country flag
So that posts are not changed later after a counter argument is made related to it. This won't change
Well... that make sense now. However it would be great if we can edit but cannot hide what we have edited, just like on facebook. Nevertheless, thanks for making the mobile version better the previous one was just a pain in the butt to use.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Hi Guys,

As you have already observed, we are now on the forum with a new underlying software, new look & new user experience.

We have shifted from an old, dying & buggy vBulletin forum software to a new, hip & efficient forum software Xenforo. We took utmost care not to lose any data during the transition but there could be some loss here & there.

Due to this shift we might face problems with user permissions, postings, ranks, likes, titles, avatars, smilies etc...Please let us know any problem you face regarding this on this thread so that we can have a look at it & fix them. We will constantly work to fix the problems as we go along.

Also let us know what new features & user experience you like in this forum.

i sure appreciate all the hard work you put into the new forum
I am not up to date on software and internet security issues so i assume that the new forum is enhanced in security matters to prevent attacks and better deal with them ..... so that would ertainly be a "new" feature that i like on this new forum..

On that score i sure appreciate all your effort
as for the format , i think the old forum was no less than this new one
Nevertheless overall please understand that without equivocation i remain very grateful to be a member of this esteemed community of Indian persons who care for the defense of the motherland.

i also would second the requests by all who want a permanent edit facility, indeed untial a day or two ago, it was said that senior members would have the permanent ability to edit their posts - am surprised this has been changed ( in a jiffy ) ?
the fear that we would go back and correct our argument when it is successfully challenged
is overcome by the fact that when someone counters our original argument, the original statement
is already captured in the post of the person who replied

so even if we change our original statement , it can be clearly seen that it has been changed because the reply of the other person had already captured the original statement

to play a fair game i usually state that this has been added later or i call it an addendum

i think on this forum we want to rise up above the name -calling type of forum and the childish i was right and you were wrong type of arguments
Those who indulge in such should be at the receiving end of the wrath of moderators and admin

we should go for working together to produce quality posts like those posted by @Yusuf-ji on the opinion pages which are worthy of being sent to higher-ups in the Ministry of Defence for their reading .or indeed to be published in global defence magazine of repute.( i believe the well-known Christine Fair has mentioned Yususf-ji and DFI in one of her articles ? )

Last edited:

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
we should go for working together to produce quality posts like those posted by @Yusuf-ji on the opinion pages which are worthy of being sent to higher-ups in the Ministry of Defence for their reading .or indeed to be published in global defence magazine of repute.( i believe the well-known Christine Fair has mentioned Yususf-ji and DFI in one of her articles ? )
I think babus at the MOD are just into reading DFI and do little work. The CAG report proves that. :angry:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I think babus at the MOD are just into reading DFI and do little work. The CAG report proves that. :angry:
Most babus are Ctrl+c Ctrl-V experts!
well in that case forget the babs of MOD and just let's concentrate on the second part of my sentence which was to publish in global defence magazines of high repute .....btw this is a serious topic , ....( i hope ? )

Global Defence

New threads

Articles