New India-China agreement to avoid army face-offs

Compersion

Country flag
I am reading a bit more into the border agreement and the linkages and nuances behind it. The border agreement is basically good for the eyes but not the mind. Its nothing much and especially warranting such a high profile visit. India could have milked the incursion(s) by the Chinese and especially linkage to what the Chinese are doing with their other neighbors. There is also a linkage of the immaturity displayed by the Chinese and the indiscipline of their executive and leadership.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...between-rival-troops/articleshow/24615961.cms

Taken aback by the "unusual" 21-day face-off in April-May after People's Liberation Army (PLA) troops intruded 19 km into Depsang valley in the DBO sector of eastern Ladakh, India pushed for "greater predictability and stability" in tackling such incidents. "During the Depsang face-off, Beijing and the local PLA commanders at the flag meetings were speaking in different voices," said the source.
There is also the role of strengthening the PRC leadership by displaying their statesmanship:

China under new leadership warming up to neighbours, state mouthpiece says - The Times of India

There was no pronouncement and commentary from PRC on what the PRC did and if it was a grand plan to make India sign a border agreement and make India look weak. Especially such the border agreement that was actually signed (which was nothing much).

The question now is why did the visit by Manmohan Singh take place. Did the Indians do a Chinese to the Chinese.

We go to 5 months previous. The Chinese PM visited India first. And after that Pakistan -> Switzerland -> Germany.

This time around the Indian PM visited Russia first and after that PRC.

Were the Indians telling the Chinese something. Something along the lines "if you are going to illustrate and indicate to someone that they are important and eminent in their relationship by visiting them first how would you do that".

The significance of the Indian PM visiting Russia first compared to the Chinese PM visiting India first is what needs to be analysed. The Indians did a Chinese on the Chinese.

Next why was the border agreement signed during the visit. Did the Indians do a Chinese on the Chinese. Did the Indians sign a document to placate the Chinese like the Chinese did by visiting India first and making sweet announcements and after that visiting the Pakis.

Japanese Emperor, Empress to visit India

Japanese Emperor, Empress to visit India - The Hindu

Who will be the Chief guest for Republic Day 2014. When will the Japanese Prime Minister visit and what documents will be signed.

We are living in interesting times.

LTE-TDD

That is why China gets worried every time India tests a long range missile!
My dear friend, don't treat you too important, OK. India not worth us worry at all. Compare to US, your missiles are simply junk.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
My dear friend, don't treat you too important, OK. India not worth us worry at all. Compare to US, your missiles are simply junk.
We don't think we are too important..

I am sure China is not worried about India.

The Global Times is after all a Tibetan newspaper, right?

Splittist thought and not the CCP thought, right?

Maybe since you are Chinese, let me make you understand with some Chinese proverbs

A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections. That is what India is compared to China.

I think this is what Mao said. You have abandoned him outright, but then we like to see a silver lining in a black cloud.

Mao said, if I remember right

Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.

no smoking

Country flag
Well, we may worry if you get a nuclear warhead for your missile.
We have to give indian the credit they deserve.

They do have nuclear war heads -- atomic bomb.
What they don't have is the hydrogen bomb.

CCTV

Do you know the size of a nuclear warhead and the size of a atomic bomb ( say has the same yield as "fat man ")?

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

may be we should start testing again to make Chinese satisfied...................

I dont think Chinese are going to mind it, since we dont have any kind of bomb.............

Flying Dagger

Country flag
The agreement meant nothing anyway.. but waste of time.... And we are doing it again.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles