New currency

KS

Bye bye DFI
I found this photo on my FB wall and I wanted to share it...though I thought this cannot go in any Jokes thread and deserves a new one..

A beautiful compilation of PSed currency with various leaders/freedom fighters/poets who have contributed to Indian culture,freedom over the millenia. A shining example of regional integration with each region being represented by people who have contributed immensely to the growth of India and Indian culture.

pmaitra

I found this photo on my FB wall and I wanted to share it...though I thought this cannot go in any Jokes thread and deserves a new one..

A beautiful compilation of PSed currency with various leaders/freedom fighters/poets who have contributed to Indian culture,freedom over the millenia. A shining example of regional integration with each region being represented by people who have contributed immensely to the growth of India and Indian culture.

Neither side. However, left side is less unfair, but unfair nonetheless. This is because there are too many freedom fighters.

I like this one better:

KS

Bye bye DFI
I liked the old one rupee with Sagar Samrat too...

The left side follows the US model where different denominations have different leaders..

pmaitra

I liked the old one rupee with Sagar Samrat too...

The left side follows the US model where different denominations have different leaders..
You are right.

One difference is that all US notes are of the same size and colour (recently some changes are being made).

I also love this one:

p2prada

Everybody is going to want the picture of their hero in the currencies.

The ones above are all either Hindu or Sikh. Where are Muslims and even Christians? There would be a 49% quota for backward classes, so that will clearly take half the mix. Once people have their hero they will want the hero to have a higher denomination, so new notes will have to be invented.

Sorry, we can live without this.

There is an atheist on one of the notes. :)

pmaitra

The ones above are all either Hindu or Sikh. Where are Muslims and even Christians? There would be a 49% quota for backward classes, so that will clearly take half the mix. Once people have their hero they will want the hero to have a higher denomination, so new notes will have to be invented.

If I had a hero, I'd rather have him in a lower denomination, because they circulate more. You are more likely to see a Rs. 10 note than a Rs. 1000 note.

p2prada

If I had a hero, I'd rather have him in a lower denomination, because they circulate more. You are more likely to see a Rs. 10 note than a Rs. 1000 note.
In which movie did I see this? Hollywood.

Or was that I dream of Jeanie?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I don't care what they do with the currencies as long as they keep Asoka's Lion Capital. It is such a beautiful and majestic emblem.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
There should be no person on currency because no single person is greater than the country.

Only national symbols should be there.

Notes should be plastic instead of paper.

KS

Bye bye DFI

Ambedkar was a Buddhist,,,,

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles