New Assault Rifles for Indian Army

Which Contender`s Rifle has more chances of winning than others?

• Total voters

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
A country buy everything can talk about "copy"? wake up, my friend, just show me what you can make? You even copy you language.
In China you have simplified Mandarin since none could understand except who were the original Hans.

The Southerners could not understand the Mandarin spoken.

LTE-TDD

In China you have simplified Mandarin since none could understand except who were the original Hans.

You are so smarter!!!

LTE-TDD

! China Man! Whatever we can make or not make... we do not Steal & Copy like you people.. Master of deceit you people are.

We have seen what you can make... those Chinese third grade goods find place in footpath in India... the right place for Chinese goods...

Come up with a Chinese brand name like Toyota, Honda, SONY, FORD, KPMG, the name goes on and on....

Have you chinese people heard of the Music System brand "BOSE" ... incidently the pioneer of that great organization is from my city Kolkata... now figure out...

Frustrated? why, that's your money. Go buying, buying and buying. With your bloody money, you will be the strongest country in this world (of couse by buying power haha). But I will wonder how you can maintain your thousand brand weapon? >

bose

Country flag
Frustrated? why, that's your money. Go buying, buying and buying. With your bloody money, you will be the strongest country in this world (of couse by buying power haha). But I will wonder how you can maintain your thousand brand weapon? >
Yes! we know how to spend our money the best possible way... We are not in a hurry to become a strongest country in the world... but at the same time will resist any hegemony in the surrounding...

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Nothing new on Chinese defence industry? Go troll elsewhere.

nimo_cn

Country flag

As if your British masters can understand what you speak.

Koovie

So much talking about the legendary INSAS.
what about the INSAS?? it has been in service for 14 years and it will take some years until the first units will replace the INSAS with the winner of this tender, so at least 17-perhaps 20 years of service

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
The planners will ideally want a 7.76 mm bullpup assault rifle that's durable and versatile. MoSDef and the generals will want some exotic 5.56 AR for kickbacks, but the soldier in the field would still want his AK47 back!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The planners will ideally want a 7.76 mm bullpup assault rifle that's durable and versatile. MoSDef and the generals will want some exotic 5.56 AR for kickbacks, but the soldier in the field would still want his AK47 back!
I believe that.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No Generals would want any exotic weaponry.

Any weaponry that is fit and suitable is good enough.

It is fashionable to talk of kickbacks.

If Generals were hunting for exotic weaponry and kickbacks, then INSAS would not have been accepted in the first place nor would it have lasted as long as now and still lasting!

I hope the logic of the reasoning proves the case.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As if your British masters can understand what you speak.
How does it matter, the Hans do not understand us.

And now that we showed some sign language in the SCS, the Hans have not only started getting the message, but are shaking in their boots, if the Peoples' Daily shrill wail of lament and fear is anything to go by!

blueblood

The Request for Proposal dispatched to over 40 overseas vendors last month -- with bids to be submitted by mid-Feb 2012 -- requires the 3.66 kg AR's to convert to 7.62x39 mm and be fitted with Picatiny Rail-mounted reflex sights.
You may have missed this part. They want a gun with interchangeable calibre.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Interchangeable calibre is a good thing since we can use captured ammunition of our adversaries.

blueblood

Interchangeable calibre is a good thing since we can use captured ammunition of our adversaries.
5.56 and 7.62 are the requirements because we produce them in bulk. As for the captured ammo, pakis use 7.62NATO and chinis use 5.8mm.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
5.56 and 7.62 are the requirements because we produce them in bulk. As for the captured ammo, pakis use 7.62NATO and chinis use 5.8mm.
Thanks.

I thought it would be an Indian calibre with one that the Chinese use!

pmaitra

So how is this 'interchangeable calibre' going to work out? Won't we have to take out the barrel and the receiver and install a new one altogether? Alternatively, we will have to use a multi-barelled gun.

blueblood

So how is this 'interchangeable calibre' going to work out? Won't we have to take out the barrel and the receiver and install a new one altogether? Alternatively, we will have to use a multi-barelled gun.
A kit allows you to do that.

Conversions to other calibers and barrel lengths can be performed in 2 to 3 minutes without the need of a trained armorer, and using only a standard hex wrench, and consist of changing to the appropriately chambered barrel and bolt, replacing brass deflector (optional) and insertion of appropriate magazine.
Robinson Armament XCR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles