New 26/11-like attack by Pak-based terror groups could spark India’s fury: Report

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Nahi Sirji...
all i am saying is circumstances of every event matters, we should not be in a "Go to full fledged war" mindset all the time..

if doing damage is the objective, it can be done in multiple ways. need not be a full fledged war..
i have said this last year also, pakis are busy shooting themselves in the foot why disturb them.
I can only speak for myself - believe me I am not in any full-fledged war mindset. I have accepted the bitter reality that for various reasons, justified or not, we will not engage the Pakis in any serious conflict anytime soon if ever. Unless they invade us, I don't see any scenario in which we will initiate a conflict.

As for damaging them, frankly, how have we damaged them in anyway that deters them in the last decade or so?

Frankly, I don't even see any long term coherent strategy for dealing with Pak except for waiting, hoping they will implode by themselves. What we seem to miss is that Pakis have a China waiting to move in and prop them up as long as the former does their bidding.

I am not saying we aren't doing anything, I simply fail to see a concerted strategy. We bring up Baloch and then back off. We mention IWT, then nothing. We do one raid and go silent. lets not even mention how awful the situation in Kashmir is and how our security forces are held back due to political compulsions.

How will any of this come together to achieve anything?

Again, I am not saying be impulsive and declare war but at least we should see a plan to deal with Pak.

dhananjay1

Pakis have no ability to sustain a full scale war against India. Indian regime just needs to follow disproportionate retaliation strategy to keep Pakis in control. Just make it clear that dead Indians would cost them more dead Pakis, preferably Punjabi Pakis.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I can only speak for myself - believe me I am not in any full-fledged war mindset. I have accepted the bitter reality that for various reasons, justified or not, we will not engage the Pakis in any serious conflict anytime soon if ever. Unless they invade us, I don't see any scenario in which we will initiate a conflict.

As for damaging them, frankly, how have we damaged them in anyway that deters them in the last decade or so?

Frankly, I don't even see any long term coherent strategy for dealing with Pak except for waiting, hoping they will implode by themselves. What we seem to miss is that Pakis have a China waiting to move in and prop them up as long as the former does their bidding.

I am not saying we aren't doing anything, I simply fail to see a concerted strategy. We bring up Baloch and then back off. We mention IWT, then nothing. We do one raid and go silent. lets not even mention how awful the situation in Kashmir is and how our security forces are held back due to political compulsions.

How will any of this come together to achieve anything?

Again, I am not saying be impulsive and declare war but at least we should see a plan to deal with Pak.
believe me i agree with everything you say..

Even if there is a plan, why would it be in public domain.

we should also notice that there are good counter narratives going on like "paid stone pelters", exposing NGO's , exposing JNU idiots, which were not happening earlier...

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
believe me i agree with everything you say..

Even if there is a plan, why would it be in public domain.

we should also notice that there are good counter narratives going on like "paid stone pelters", exposing NGO's , exposing JNU idiots, which were not happening earlier...
I don't expect the GoI to come out and lay down its plan for us, however, we should be able to see some coherence, some concerted effort. The actions need not be public but the result should start coming in, sadly I see very little. Unless the intention is to confuse everyone, I don't have any idea of what's being done.

The worst in my opinion is the situation in Kashmir. Even if there are international compulsions while dealing with Pak, there is NO justifications for letting our security forces be subjected to the humiliation and unnecessary danger they face in Kashmir. Why don't we start sentencing those who deter security forces with severe punishment? The only reason is political compulsion.

There is some movement, I am not denying it entirely. I just think its is too little and ultimately inconsequential.

I guess I am ranting a bit but seeing videos of what our forces faces at the hands of those jihadi locals in Kashmir has left me angry and frustrated. I know that 90s were much tougher but this is no picnic either.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I don't expect the GoI to come out and lay down its plan for us, however, we should be able to see some coherence, some concerted effort. The actions need not be public but the result should start coming in, sadly I see very little. Unless the intention is to confuse everyone, I don't have any idea of what's being done.

The worst in my opinion is the situation in Kashmir. Even if there are international compulsions while dealing with Pak, there is NO justifications for letting our security forces be subjected to the humiliation and unnecessary danger they face in Kashmir. Why don't we start sentencing those who deter security forces with severe punishment? The only reason is political compulsion.

There is some movement, I am not denying it entirely. I just think its is too little and ultimately inconsequential.

I guess I am ranting a bit but seeing videos of what our forces faces at the hands of those jihadi locals in Kashmir has left me angry and frustrated. I know that 90s were much tougher but this is no picnic either.
the way i see it ...
i don't see all the things that happened after modi became PM as one event. i am seeing them as "action by pakis" and "counter action by us". and in some cases vice versa. we have gone thru multiple cycles.

because of our heavy shelling and sniping upto Dec 2016, latest front opened by pakis is current violence in kashmir, for which solution is yet to be found by our chaps..

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
the way i see it ...
i don't see all the things that happened after modi became PM as one event. i am seeing them as "action by pakis" and "counter action by us". and in some cases vice versa. we have gone thru multiple cycles.

because of our heavy shelling and sniping upto Dec 2016, latest front opened by pakis is current violence in kashmir, for which solution is yet to be found by our chaps..
Likely you are right. That again doesn't help us with what we are doing in a concerted manner to deal with Pak, unless we are fine with these tit-for-tat moves until hopefully Pak implodes.

Solution to Kashmir is impose President's rule and give the military a free hand for six months. Long term is to split J&K into three parts and have the valley act as buffer, while taking away the unjust benefits they enjoy. Of course that's too simplistic and there are complexities involved.

Another irritating thing is that we don't seem to have plans of how to respond and we start from scratch at every given crisis. Do we have strategic planners or don't we?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Likely you are right. That again doesn't help us with what we are doing in a concerted manner to deal with Pak, unless we are fine with these tit-for-tat moves until hopefully Pak implodes.

Solution to Kashmir is impose President's rule and give the military a free hand for six months. Long term is to split J&K into three parts and have the valley act as buffer, while taking away the unjust benefits they enjoy. Of course that's too simplistic and there are complexities involved.

Another irritating thing is that we don't seem to have plans of how to respond and we start from scratch at every given crisis. Do we have strategic planners or don't we?
From my side , my only worry right now is that there is no full time defence minister...
Jaitley will be busy this fiscal because of GST...

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
From my side , my only worry right now is that there is no full time defence minister...
Jaitley will be busy this fiscal because of GST...
I don't see Jaitley being any good in any case. Modi should have kept that portfolio to himself if he can't find anyone suitable considering how critical it is.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
A Pakistani liked your comment. So I disagree with you.
Neo is here for troll purpose only. Runs away from many arguments, restarts the same after some time and runs away again when you engage in debate. Gives like to self criticism by Indians but never puts light on Paki faults, if you try to talk, he tries to deflect in other direction or stops responding. So it doesn't matter what he says or likes or dislikes. Maybe he is a paid guy by Pak establishment.

captscooby81

Country flag
'Kasab Was to Die as Samir Chaudhari with Red Thread Around Wrist': Ex-Mumbai Top Cop's Stunning Disclosure

In his book titled 'Let Me Say It Now', Maria indicates that the militant group wanted to project the 26/11 attack as a case of 'Hindu terrorism'.
UPDATED ON: FEBRUARY 18, 2020, 11:45 AM IST

Mumbai: The 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks convict Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab would have died as Bengaluru resident Samir Dinesh Chaudhari with a 'red thread tied around his wrist' had militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) succeeded in their plan, reveals former Mumbai police commissioner Rakesh Maria.

In his book titled 'Let Me Say It Now', Maria indicates that the militant group wanted to project the attack as a case of "Hindu terrorism". "There would have been screaming headlines on newspapers claiming how Hindu terrorists had attacked Mumbai. Over the top TV journalists would have made a beeline for Bengaluru to interview his family and neighbours. But alas, it had not worked that way and here he was, Ajmal Amir Kasab of Faridkot in Pakistan," Maria says.

Earlier it was reported that the attackers carried fake ID cards of Arunodaya College in Hyderabad. The Mumbai officer says that similar identity card was planned for Kasab too.

Making stunning disclosures, Maria, who was suddenly promoted and shifted out as director general of home guards while probing the Sheena Bora case, further says that Kasab had initially joined Lashkar-e-Taiba for committing robberies and had "nothing to do with jihad".

"He and his friend Muzaffar Lal Khan wanted to commit robberies to improve their financial status and wanted to get hold of some weapons and training to achieve their nefarious objective," he says.

"Kasab seriously believed that Muslims were not allowed to offer namaaz in India, and mosques were locked up by the authorities. He felt that the azaan he heard five times a day in the crime branch lockup was just a figment of his imagination. When we came to know of this, I instructed Mahale (investigating officer Ramesh Mahale) to take him to the mosque near the metro cinema in a vehicle," Maria adds.

The officer says that Kasab was "bewildered" when he saw the namaaz in progress.

Maria reveals that keeping Kasab alive became his "first priority". "Anger and hostility towards him were perceptible (among Mumbai police personnel). Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and Lashkar were bent upon eliminating him by hook or crook to obliterate the only living evidence of their heinous deed," he writes, adding that the Dawood Ibrahim gang was given the responsibility to kill Kasab.

On Kasab's photograph being released, Maria revealed that it "was the handiwork of Central agencies. The Mumbai police tried hard to not disclose any details to the media, fearing for the security."

The former top cop also revealed that he personally interrogated him every day. "It gave me a deep insight into the psyche of how terrorist outfits operated. Our daily interactions forged some sort of a bond between Kasab and me, and soon Kasab began addressing me respectfully as 'Janab' (sir)."

The book also notes that after three rounds of training, Kasab was given Rs 1,25,000 and a week-long family visit holiday. "He gave the money to his family for his sister's wedding," wrote Maria.

According to him, originally, terror attack on Mumbai was planned on September 27, 2008, the 27th day of roza.

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/ind...ri-reveals-former-mumbai-top-cop-2504909.html

captscooby81

Country flag
Though i know Commisioner Maroa is making such statements to sell his new book . Still the thought of Kasab wearing the saffron thread in his wrist still makes me wonder was 26/11 fully a paki plan or were some from our side were also involved in these plannings, Why was the BJP govt let go scamgress thugs of this greatest blunder

Susu.jpg

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Though i know Commisioner Maroa is making such statements to sell his new book . Still the thought of Kasab wearing the saffron thread in his wrist still makes me wonder was 26/11 fully a paki plan or were some from our side were also involved in these plannings, Why was the BJP govt let go scamgress thugs of this greatest blunder

View attachment 43325
Headley used to meet brothelwood maggots during his India visit --- but don't take this half muzzrat seriously --- he is A grade harami himself will do anything to gain power.

captscooby81

Country flag
I do agree Susu is snake which is why i don't trust him his words at all . But we are missing the bigger picture. Former commissioner of Mumbai is saying that 26/11 was nothing but a conspiracy attack to create hindu terror now why did the govt not investigated on this theory. why do they let media call hindu's terrorist every day for some stupid actions of few thugs but never investigated 200 people killed in most important city to create a fake hindu terror conspiracy and shut the asses of presstitutes

Headley used to meet brothelwood maggots during his India visit --- but don't take this half muzzrat seriously --- he is A grade harami himself will do anything to gain power.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
I do agree Susu is snake which is why i don't trust him his words at all . But we are missing the bigger picture. Former commissioner of Mumbai is saying that 26/11 was nothing but a conspiracy attack to create hindu terror now why did the govt not investigated on this theory. why do they let media call hindu's terrorist every day for some stupid actions of few thugs but never investigated 200 people killed in most important city to create a fake hindu terror conspiracy and shut the asses of presstitutes
Here's my conspiracy theory which might be true ---- it's an old brigade trying to hold on to power, by any mean --- I don't want to name people & those communities here ---- there are billionaire families in India who have managed to hold on to power & there wealth in India since 1700s ---- with systematic corruption & political connection( both congress & BJP) & there henchmen in upper echelon of bureaucracy --- there wealth has only increased --- British left , but kept there black dogs back in India, to keep the system going ---- Muslim are useful tool to try to keep Hindus in check ---- some are hell bent on bankrupting this country in name of reform & globalization --- despite vast difference in socioeconomic development in India compared to there developed peers in other countries ---- they want s**t to hit the fan & make sure your country goes the same route as turkey & Argentina.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles