Nepal: Muslims demand separate identity in new constitution

ani82v

Country flag
Religion of Peace and Tolerance warning other religions ... wow what a way to show tolerance and peace :namaste: .

Their "protest" would continue untill they are able to convert Nepal into Islamic Republic of Nepal. Just think India encircled by 3 Islamic countries.
You don't need to worry about Nepal turning Islamic, by the time that happens, India would have already become Islamic by then :))

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
In a multi-religious society, you should have secular state. Hell, even if you have 100% Hindu population, secularism should adopted at the state level.
Don't know when would so-called Islamic countries understand this concept.
An Islamic nation can not really be a secular nation. The only major exceptions to this are Turkey and Indonesia and some post-Soviet nations.But in the case of Turkey and Indonesia secularism is not really true since, 99% and 87% of the population are respectively Muslim and therefore what they want, is what will happen.

Islam has since its very beginning been a politico-religious enterprise.
According to Islam the world is divided into:
Dar-al-Islam: House of Islam, i.e. Islamic nations, where Islam is the state religion and Islamic culture is followed, and
Dar-al-Harb: House of War, i.e. nations where Islam is not well established. No points for guessing why it's called house of war.

But even then, with only 4% of the population, I think it's a little too early too start asking for Islamic Nepal.

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
An Islamic nation can not really be a secular nation. The only major exceptions to this are Turkey and Indonesia and some post-Soviet nations.But in the case of Turkey and Indonesia secularism is not really true since, 99% and 87% of the population are respectively Muslim and therefore what they want, is what will happen.

Islam has since its very beginning been a politico-religious enterprise.
According to Islam the world is divided into:
Dar-al-Islam: House of Islam, i.e. Islamic nations, where Islam is the state religion and Islamic culture is followed, and
Dar-al-Harb: House of War, i.e. nations where Islam is not well established. No points for guessing why it's called house of war.

But even then, with only 4% of the population, I think it's a little too early too start asking for Islamic Nepal.
Their agenda is open and clear. Kill or Convert ... Religion of Peace and Tolerance afterall :namaste:

It would not take them to overpopulate any country like rats...... europe is already suffering.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
What will the future look like when there are three Islamic States around India and a fifth of Indians are Muslims. Just saying. And not to mention PRC, which will help these three as much as possible.
This is where India, should learn from Russia, Israel and the US and be merciless and take preemptive measures.

Their agenda is open and clear. Kill or Convert ... Religion of Peace and Tolerance afterall :namaste:

It would not take them to overpopulate any country like rats...... europe is already suffering.
You soul-less person, how dare you criticize the "Religion of Peace" ? Off with your tongue.
:D :D

Last edited:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
are they should have demanded atleast state form themself or their own law or i guess a state with more power then others

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
What will the future look like when there are three Islamic States around India and a fifth of Indians are Muslims. Just saying. And not to mention PRC, which will help these three as much as possible.
This is where India, should learn from Russia, Israel and the US and be merciless and take preemptive measures.

You soul-less person, how dare you criticize the "Religion of Peace" ? Off with your tongue.
:D :D
Just think that they are issuing threats and warnings even when they are minority(13% India, 4 Nepal) , what would happen if they get even about 25%.I think all have to read this one ---> http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/politics-society/38890-islam-not-religion-nor-cult-complete-system.html

They occupied and converted almost half of India and ultimately Pakistan and Bangladesh was created specially for them.Seems like Hindus are not going to learn any lesson from their history and they would be a part of history and future history books would say once upon a time there was Hinduism in India.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Amendment I, US Constitution.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
All the bs and rhetoric aside.

1. This news report is 3.5 month old, what's the update ?

2. Those folks calling Islam a religion of peace, was their any violence or non-constitutional method adopted ? Is it wrong to protest against the govt to redress your grievances ?

3. What do the Nepalese muslims want ? They want to be recognised in the Nepalese constitution as a separate community, should that be allowed or not ? or they justified in demanding that ?

4. Its upto the Nepalese state if it wishes to recognise Muslims as a distinct community, and if it wishes to give proportional representation or not to the muslims depending on their constitution or vision.

ani82v

Country flag
Singh, there is nothing wrong in demanding the status of separate community.

The only problem is, it invoked a memory of a similar demand raised a century ago at some place nearby. And the ensuing result was catastrophic. So, the learning is not to repeat it. Hence, the rhetoric.

The real minority is a single individual. As long as an individual's rights are recognized, there is no need to have anything separate in the name of religion.

All the bs and rhetoric aside.

1. This news report is 3.5 month old, what's the update ?

2. Those folks calling Islam a religion of peace, was their any violence or non-constitutional method adopted ? Is it wrong to protest against the govt to redress your grievances ?

3. What do the Nepalese muslims want ? They want to be recognised in the Nepalese constitution as a separate community, should that be allowed or not ? or they justified in demanding that ?

4. Its upto the Nepalese state if it wishes to recognise Muslims as a distinct community, and if it wishes to give proportional representation or not to the muslims depending on their constitution or vision.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Singh, there is nothing wrong in demanding the status of separate community.

The only problem is, it invoked a memory of a similar demand raised a century ago at some place nearby. And the ensuing result was catastrophic. So, the learning is not to repeat it. Hence, the rhetoric.
If you mean partition then its a bogey and you know that.

The Indian constitution itself recognizes communities on the basis of ethnicity, religion, caste or linguistics. (gender, sexual orientation, wealth also divide Indians) And if the Nepalese state does wish to recognize muslims as a community then its their prerogative.

(And if the Nepalese want a partition then its their wish. I am pro-partition, tt was the largest exercise of self-selection and those folks who didn't believe in the Indian nation expunged themselves willfully. The issue of violence and land division is something I don't condone)

The real minority is a single individual. As long as an individual's rights are recognized, there is no need to have anything separate in the name of religion.
I would agree with you that this should be the case ideally, however, in deeply divided societies there are absolutely different dynamics.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
(And if the Nepalese want a partition then its their wish. I am pro-partition, tt was the largest exercise of self-selection and those folks who didn't believe in the Indian nation expunged themselves willfully. The issue of violence and land division is something I don't condone)
I agree with you that partition was a good thing for India in the long run. I shudder to think of the state India would have been in today, had partition not happened. All the same, I don't think partition of a nation can keep happening on a regular basis every few decades. Beyond a certain point, partitioning has to stop, and if anything, there should be just migration into or from the already partitioned areas.

natarajan

so only one hindu country is going to be history and it adds to list of making into future islamic repuplic country like india

natarajan

Partitioning a small country like nepal on basis of religion is stupid as am sure one will become islam republic with 0% hindus,while other will remain as secular still feeding minority and again partition keeps happening

KS

Bye bye DFI
Actually this is BAD news for India

The Nepalis will beat the crap out of Nepali Muslims who will then RUN away to NORTH Bihar
which is already having terror camps and is a source of worry for India

North Bihar is the new Azamgarh, says IB - Times Of India

That's a very valid point. And given the fetish for our "secular" leaders to play host to any south asian muslim population (or even south east asian, rohingyas) we could see a new phenomenon of Nepali Muslims migrating to India. But unfortunately they will not be considered illegal due to the Indo-Nepal friendship treaty.

ani82v

Country flag
If you mean partition then its a bogey and you know that.
What caused the partition? How legitimate was the demand of partition of Muslims of British India? Why this certain itch of getting recognized as separate minority entity in Nepal? What do they want to achieve by getting such recognition? Separate laws? Proportional constituencies where they are in Majority? What then? Sharia? If the treatment of the state towards them is not discriminatory, why such demand?

The Indian constitution itself recognizes communities on the basis of ethnicity, religion, caste or linguistics. (gender, sexual orientation, wealth also divide Indians) And if the Nepalese state does wish to recognize muslims as a community then its their prerogative.
In all these diversities, religion based laws is something no other country should emulate from India. Secular humanism is and should be the only basis of state polity and justice. Any others claims are BS.

And if the Nepalese want a partition then its their wish. I am pro-partition,
Nepalese don't want partition. It is the Muslims in Nepal who want it. I'm pro-secular societies and pro-education, so that puritanical religious belief does not override a man's common sense. If one wants to live in an Islamic society, one is free to emigrate to a country which has Islamic society.

tt was the largest exercise of self-selection and those folks who didn't believe in the Indian nation expunged themselves willfully. The issue of violence and land division is something I don't condone
I would agree with you that this should be the case ideally, however, in deeply divided societies there are absolutely different dynamics.
In deeply divided societies, it becomes all the more important. Not partition and shit hole neighborhoods.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
What caused the partition? How legitimate was the demand of partition of Muslims of British India? Why this certain itch of getting recognized as separate minority entity in Nepal? What do they want to achieve by getting such recognition? Separate laws? Proportional constituencies where they are in Majority? What then? Sharia? If the treatment of the state towards them is not discriminatory, why such demand?
The "what & why" part of the problem is irrelevant after 65 years. What happened was for the absolute good of India. There is no point in keeping a set of population that does not want to be in India and have the numbers and penchant to cause physical trouble in the future. The only thing is that it should have been complete. India let go a chance at a new beginning due to the bloated ego and overly idealistic, bordering on utopian, ideas of Nehru and Gandhiji. What we have now is a na ghar ka, na ghat ka situation.

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Why partition Nepal ? It was a Hindu Nation and that status should be restored, and see all the problems getting solved, why will they divide for Islam? Muslims are already living there, there is a Nepal Madrassa Council, Federation of Islamic Madrassa, Madarasha Islamiya Association etc. and it means they have full religious freedom there. Their demand is not only unnecessary but suspicious too.

Everyone knows here, what they are asking for or what it will grow out in the long run! only 'politically correct' persons will ignore it like Lebanese.

Rather Nepal should tighten their policies in this regard. And if they can't live like that then they are free to migrate to any Muslim country of their choice like Turkey, or Napal should deport them.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles