Need translation from Malayalam

Twinblade

Country flag

Can anybody provide an english transcript for this ?

Last edited by a moderator:

rvjpheonix

Country flag
Five lakh rupees compensation for those who lost their lives in gunfire.Decided by meeting of ministers. Kollam district commisioner hs allowed 10,000 Rs extra fund.The people killed were from tamil nadu and worked in the boat called St. Antony belonging (some place) native Fred. Kollam moonakara native jalastine and tamilian pinku were the people who died.The firing took place from Italian ship entica lexie. The incident took place on wednesday close to 5 pm. They were suspected to be pirates. It was on the seventh that the group of 8 set off from neendakarra.When the firing took place other than pinku and jalastine all were asleep. They were shot on the head and chest while driving the boat. On hearing the firing the neendakarra was filled with people. On the coastal departments orders another ship left kochi and detained the ship. they were questioned by the coastal police and marine officers. The Italian ambassador arrived and expressed Italy's grief on the incident. By 10.30 when the boat was about to arrive the villagers and media gathered. Although they were scared and had been with the stiil bodies for hours the boat owner explained to the media what happened." I was asleep when I suddenly heard a sound. When I got up I saw that blood was coming from jalas' nose and ears. I made some noise o seeing the blood. On hearing the sound the rest got up. When we all got up the gunman started firing( I guess thats what he meant).We all lay down to escape the firing. After a moment I heard the boy called pinku scream and fall to the floor. I saw changed the course of the boat and increased the speed. This is how it happened. The ships colour black on the top and red on the bottom. All these years when we worked we used to do it in a similar fashion alongside ships. Because I screamed everyone lay to the floor otherwise they would also have been shot. Some 4-5 bullets are also there on (some part of the boat the boat).The regulator of the gas vessel also broke. There are bullet holes also in the rope. Thats when we sped up the boat. The bullets fell on the back of the boat .If we had not sped up the boat they wouls have hit us. All the bullets fell on the water behind us. Thanks to God we were able to turn the boat otherwise we would have been dead." The dead bodies were immediately shifted to kollam hospitals mortuary. On Thursday they were sent to trivandrum medical hospital for post mortem. fter the post mortem the bodies were returned to the families. Jalastine was married. He is survived by his wife dora his son studying in 12th standard Dereck and jean. Pinku is unmarried .However the killed fishermen's family should be given 25 lakhs and the guilty shoud be punished was the demand of MLA PK Gurudasan

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles