Need for Disproportionate IAF Revenge against PAF Misadventure of 27th Feb

Should IAF take revenge on PAF for its 27th Feb misadventure ?

• Yes

Votes: 31 93.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj nema

Country flag
? They violated our airspace and attacked Indian Army formations. words of our official tri-service press conference. Multiple PAF formations, including F-16s, Mirages and Junk Fighters were roaming close to the border.
Sir the point is that the Whole thing of 26 and 27 has several positives for India

Even after that we have hammered them quiet badly and are still doing so

But all is being done as a Very Slow
Escalation

They are under tremendous pressure
No doubt, they dont know Where the Next
Attack is coming from

But if you want full Assault , then wait for
Some time

pankaj nema

Country flag
It was around ~ 70km. Plus, yes, your other points are valid. However, fluttering helicopter blades gives a huge RCS. It is not entirely impossible. However, the circumstances I have given, timing, helicopter falling after loud bang and engulfed in flames, indicates a potential missile hit.
Our own people could have hit it by Mistake

This is known as Fog of War

In the history of warfare it has happened several times

Anil47

I think the real question is why didn't that flight of 4X MKI engage that flight of 24 PAF junks? Why was the only response a lone and outnumbered MiG-21 wing commander?
Most probably because PAF fighter fired 10's of AIM120 and other AAM which Su30MKI dodged and also gave EW suppression cover to other interceptors. Before they could retaliate the Pakistani fighters returned. And ROE would have been strict that not to fire if they are inside their airspace, return back and prepare for Dipawali after few hours.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Nothing else fits the tragedy. It is too precise to be a coincidence. Pir Panjal range has an average height of 2 km. Ambushing F-16s/other jets covering their retreat can be pretty well above that height.

From what I have gathered, as soon as MKIs and Mirages closed into PAF fighters, they started firing volleys of BVR missiles. To evade BVR missiles, jets had to break formations and do evasive maneuvers. This consumed time and gave PAF ample time to run away. One F-16 remained and continued dogfight with Su-30 and Mig-21, which again, quickly fled towards Pakistan. It was chased by Wg Cdr Abhinandan's Mig-21 and successfully shot down.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...-dogfight-minute-by-minute-1472548-2019-03-07
Or maybe it crashed for the reasons the IAF said, it was a malfunctioning Russian hardware. I do not need to go into conspiracy theories to believe something else as it is a well proven fact Russian hardware is unreliable.

Now to the 4X MKIs that didn't do a damn thing to stop a strike package of 24 PAF fighters that entered Indian airspace. Abhinandan in his rusty MiG-21 was the only one with the courage to slap those PAF bastards in the face. Once they crossed Indian air space all of those 24 fighters were fair game for the MKIs to open fire. With their powerful radar they easily detected them and the R-77 has the range they could have taken them down without even crossing the LOC much less needing to dogfight with it.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
You guys need to hold your horses.

Are you sure IAF fighters havent targetted any military installations during the 27th Balakot strikes.

Are you absolutely sure that no further strikes have taken place in which some Paki installations were destroyed after the 27th air strikes.

Why are you guys going gaga over the need for revenge for the 27th Pak strikes. It was a botched operation. They were stopped in their tracks and their evil designs thwarted. Had they succeeded the 25th Div headquarters wouldn't be standing now.

And pls remember not everything that is done is leaked to the media OR told to the public through press releases and briefings. You guys need to calm down.
You have a point. But, I am sure subsequent strikes are either missile strikes (BABAINT :bplease: if we wanna believe it), and artillery strikes. If revenge has been taken, why not wave it as a flag, like Gafoora is doing?

And why not leak to the media? Break the invincible image of pakistan? What we need is, shooting down few of their Junk Fighters in revenge of attacking our jets and ill-fated hepter.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Our own people could have hit it by Mistake

This is known as Fog of War

In the history of warfare it has happened several times
Read my original post starting this thread. I debunked those points. All IAF planes are fitted with IFF. It took off from Srinagar AFS little back, which means it is highly unlikely being not registered as friendly aircraft on our network-centric radar grid. It is possible, but it is highly unlikely.

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
3 Porki F-16s were on Kamikaze mode that day, IAF was just trying to scare them away. Porkis got advantage because they already had clearance to fire and we were just probing and defending.

Now the opportunity to escalate is long gone, BJP is in full election mode. Someone twitted Baba's tweet on 27th dec and he already hinted air strikes in PoK in offing.

If baba is correct then this means Air strikes were already set before Pulwama and as much some may like or don't like to accept the fact but somewhere in retribution of Pulwama was also election objective. It just happens porkis planned wrong thing at wrong time with wrong proportion (Story of their existence!)

So all enthusiasts needs to take a chill pill. Only ground ops will go on as neither nation is willing to risk air warfare which cost millions while Indian navy will be near Porki waters squeezing their balls just tight so that elections are peaceful.

Until and unless Paki Mard-e-momins in their infinite wisdom fly atlantique like juicy target near the border.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
One is bri and the other one is that with the username falcon.
Fora, not username.
As for my drivel, a lot of other members were similarly abused by jingos but they stopped replying. Only I replied later on. As soon I would make a statement that differs even a little bit from the jingo narrative they started calling me paki and ISI. Kazakh, jack98 and a few users were also abused. This twitter level behaviour is not good for this forum just saying.
Agreed about the behaviour. Although, those "deferring" views were mostly contradicted two-three pages back.
In the end, none held substance and all were there after ISPR changed statements.

Changing statements 6 times a day!!!!!

Akhileshwa

Fora, not username.

Agreed about the behaviour. Although, those "deferring" views were mostly contradicted two-three pages back.
In the end, none held substance and all were there after ISPR changed statements.

Changing statements 6 times a day!!!!!
The differing views were not always about same things though...they changed with time. For example Kazakh and I said that we shouldn't trust babaint blindly and some people also agreed.

Aghore_King

Country flag
You have a point. But, I am sure subsequent strikes are either missile strikes (BABAINT :bplease: if we wanna believe it), and artillery strikes. If revenge has been taken, why not wave it as a flag, like Gafoora is doing?

And why not leak to the media? Break the invincible image of pakistan? What we need is, shooting down few of their Junk Fighters in revenge of attacking our jets and ill-fated hepter.
What about altitude, Can an Aim 120 fired from an high altitude from f 16 engage an helicopter flying at much lower altitude 60 km away without even getting a lock on??

ashdoc

Country flag
Guys let the pakistanis do another terror attack . Then the world will put blame of escalation on them . If we attack now the world will blame us .

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
What about altitude, Can an Aim 120 fired from an high altitude from f 16 engage an helicopter flying at much lower altitude 60 km away without even getting a lock on??
It has to get a lock on. First phase the missile is guided by command, or inertial guidance system. At around ~ 25km, missile gets lock on and it's own radar activates to guide it to target.
Thing is, PAF had their AWACS flying around, and is a possibility they guided the missiles using the AWACS.

Anil47

Guys let the pakistanis do another terror attack . Then the world will put blame of escalation on them . If we attack now the world will blame us .
It already happened yesterday at sopore, they took 10 year boy hostage and killed him later on. The terrorism has not stopped sir.

DocK

Country flag
It already happened yesterday at sopore, they took 10 year boy hostage and killed him later on. The terrorism has not stopped sir.
Unfortunate event but Gov of India needs to use this to spread discontent against Jihadis in Kashmir. As for it being a terror attack, NO. Basically a Porki Jihadi wanted a Kashmiri Kali as his sex slave but took hostages when he found family had sent her in hiding.
As far as people crying for retaliation, after Uri, PA was sure IA would not be crossing LOC so they were caught pants down.
After Pulwama they were waiting for IA so their border security had gotten stronger immediately. They wanted to capture and publical kill them. When commandos didn't go they started preparing for war and moved their beloved Jamai across IB to ensure their safety.
IAF entering the fray was as unthinkable to them as IN sinking a ship hence Air strikes were successful. Latest attack was more of a provocation for to re-enter POK by mistake and then for PAF to claim victory.

Best to now get ready for economic war and force China to choose between India and Pakistan. Then blockade using Chabbahar and Indian ports to literally for PA to choose between Pak or Paki terrorist.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The differing views were not always about same things though...they changed with time. For example Kazakh and I said that we shouldn't trust babaint blindly and some people also agreed.
Liked only for example. Your views weren't differing but your sight was confined to a particular section of media.

Anil47

Unfortunate event but Gov of India needs to use this to spread discontent against Jihadis in Kashmir.
Sir, this can only be done when there is a machinery to highlight it. The sad state of affair in our country is every bl**dy incident is politicized. There will be big mouths from every party who act like professionals and in the end things become a blame game, '' bjp did, congress did not or congress did bjp did not'' << This line has ruined the security.

I am very sure that Pakistan will once again carry out some sort of major terror strike in Kashmir sooner or later. And they will blame it on Indian government's doing in Kashmir with an additional comment that it's your own people and they will also say that India can't blame Pakistan because most of the accused are already in house arrest or banned.

Arsalan123

i think iaf will reply and we are ready but i don't understand this airspace closure.it's not good to close air space just because enemy want to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles