Need Advice Choosing Headphones

DivineHeretic

Country flag
There comes a time, in just about everyone's life, when the multitude of choices lie before us, inviting us, teasing us, confusing the hell out of us.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have now come to this stage...

Courtesy my dog who chewed up my Sennheiser CX-400, I need to buy a pair of headphones. My budget is around Rs. 10,000.

I've been looking at the 1. Klipsch Custom iii
2. Denon AH-100RD
3. Sennheiser IE60
4. Brainwavz M3

Requesting assistance....anyone

Free Karma

The best way to know really is to go to shops and compare them, it also depends on what sort of music you listen.

As far as the ie 60 goes, it should be pretty good, I have a pair of ie8s (older model of ie80, but quite similar) and they are fantastic. but for some types of music they have too much bass even at the lowest setting.

I did not like the Denon ones, If you have a Denon outlet close by, call up and find out. They allow you to trial them (atleast here in chennai) I found the bass to be a bit muddy, and the overall performance just lacking.

. My cousin has a klipsch custom and he likes them a lot, but he's getting a pair of shures next though.

As for mpressions go to head-fi forums , but ultimately this is very personal, and you need to hear them yourself.

I do not know about the branwavez one

Edit:If you do end up buying the sennheisers, dont be shocked the first time you hear them out of the box, they require some time to "burn in". Just leave them running for the night, and they should be fine later.

Last edited:

DivineHeretic

Country flag
The best way to know really is to go to shops and compare them, it also depends on what sort of music you listen.

As far as the ie 60 goes, it should be pretty good, I have a pair of ie8s (older model of ie80, but quite similar) and they are fantastic. but for some types of music they have too much bass even at the lowest setting.

I did not like the Denon ones, If you have a Denon outlet close by, call up and find out. They allow you to trial them (atleast here in chennai) I found the bass to be a bit muddy, and the overall performance just lacking.

. My cousin has a klipsch custom and he likes them a lot, but he's getting a pair of shures next though.

As for mpressions go to head-fi forums , but ultimately this is very personal, and you need to hear them yourself.

I do not know about the branwavez one

Edit:If you do end up buying the sennheisers, dont be shocked the first time you hear them out of the box, they require some time to "burn in". Just leave them running for the night, and they should be fine later.
Thanks for the reply.

I'd choose the Shure any day over the others, but the problem is that they are not available in India directly.
Denon I agree with you. Plus they are overpriced in india.

And as far as the head-fi is concerned, they make it seem no headphone below the ie80's or the Monster turbines are worth the money...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles