Navneet Kumar's Blog on China

1971ftw

Country flag
Let them speak in whatever language they want , most Chinese have a hard time understanding their own dialects . It just means more jobs and opportunities for India , English opens up language barriers to the west .

Besides its not like India has a single language , only 40-50% of India understand Hindi . South and east Indians have their own languages that are being opressed by both hindi & English.

So the Chinese argument is a bullshit comparison.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I still hold the same view. Cheers.
You made a vague stmt without specfying a time frame, so yeah you may be right.
But short-to-medium term trends may see a different painting being painted.

Defcon 1

Country flag
You made a vague stmt without specfying a time frame, so yeah you may be right.
But short-to-medium term trends may see a different painting being painted.
True, in short-to-medium term because of the population growth in non English speaking countries, e.g. India & China. In longer term, one needs to ask themselves, when was the last time they wrote something in their native tongue and what did they write?

IndianHawk

Country flag
True, in short-to-medium term because of the population growth in non English speaking countries, e.g. India & China. In longer term, one needs to ask themselves, when was the last time they wrote something in their native tongue and what did they write?
English has been accepting words from all other languages. Hindi too has been absorbing English words.

Internet has its own lingo that is based on English but is beyond the realms of grammar.

All the above conclude a global language based on English with words from everywhere and a very flexible grammar

alphacentury

Country flag
In a long enough timeline, survival rate for every one drops to zero.
Having said that what i meant was , I thought of a world with a common culture/language as a good thing. Now I see it as a sham. inevitable or not, thats another story.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles