Navjot Sidhhu to be next PM of India: Imran Khan

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Didn't want to spoil day with nonsense but found it entertaining.:p
Hope good ties don't have to wait till Sidhu turns PM: Imran Khan

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan addresses the groundbreaking ceremony for the Kartarpur Corridor in Kartarpur. (AFP photo)
HIGHLIGHTS
  • Pak PM Imran Khan was addressing the gathering at the ground breaking ceremony of the Kartarpur Corridor
  • Kartarpur corridor seeks to allow Indian pilgrims swifter access to the Sikh shrine that marks the final resting place of Guru Nanak
KARTARPUR SAHIB: PM Imran Khan on Wednesday said the Pakistan army, along with all political parties, was on the "same page" on the Indo-Pakistan peace outreach even as he flagged Kashmir as a dispute that needed to be resolved.
Speaking at the ground-breaking ceremony for the Kartarpur corridor that seeks to allow Indian pilgrims swifter access to the Sikh shrine that marks the final resting place of Guru Nanak, Khan iterated Pakistan would respond with two steps to every single step which India took for peace. His comments came minutes after he had met army chief Qamar Bajwa at the gurdwara here.
Khan touched on the Kashmir dispute, saying there was no reason for the neighbours to not resolve it. "We can't go to war as we will all lose. What's the next best option? We have to engage," he said.
Khan pitched for a "civilised relationship" with India.
"If Germany and France can live together, why can't us? I keep hearing from Indians that Pakistan army doesn't want good relations with India. I want to say that the army is on the same page as the government and all political parties in seeking better ties. We want to move forward and have a civilised relationship. I hope we don't have to wait for (Navjot Singh) Sidhu to become PM to have good relations with India," Khan said.
Khan reciprocated Punjab minister Navjot Sidhu's praise of him, complimenting the Congress leader for talking about friendship between India and Pakistan. Khan said Sidhu's initiative was even more commendable as the neighbours are nuclear-armed countries.
Khan's assertion that the Pakistan army — seen as the last word on relations with India — being on board the peace initiative seemed intended to counter India's scepticism over durability of engagement. The Kashmir remark could serve to address domestic opinion and the reference to the unwinnability of nuclear war underlined the view here that Pakistan's strategic weapons nullify India's superiority in conventional weapons.
Food processing minister Harsimrat Kaur, who spoke before Khan, sought to build upon PM Narendra Modi's "Berlin Wall" remark earlier this week as she said that if the infamous barrier could collapse, the corridor could also lead the two countries into breaking "the wall of hatred".
"Yeh peace corridor hamare rishton ki karwahat ko dur karega," said Kaur, holding back tears. Before that she participated in the ground-breaking ceremony on the Gurudwara premises and performed "kar seva" along with MoS for urban development Hardeep Puri and Navjot Sidhu.
Khan said strong leadership and determination was required to move ahead in ties. "We lack the strength to say we will improve ties no matter what," he said, in remarks that appeared aimed at PM Narendra Modi and India's wariness in responding to the new government's push for renewed engagement.
Khan said the best of facilities will be provided to Sikh pilgrims at Kartarpur Sahib by the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak next year. "I am happy to see the joy on Sikh faces. If I were to explain to my Muslim brothers and sisters...imagine that you are standing 4-km outside Medina (a holy city in Saudi Arabia where the tomb of Prophet Mohammed is located) and cannot go in, and you are then given the chance to go. That is the happiness I see here."
Two U-turn masters together.:)

dhananjay1

Will Congress project Sidhu as PM candidate? It's not as ridiculous as it sounds.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Coz Pakistan and India aren't France and Germany but Ukraine & Russia!
@Advaidhya Tiwari @aditya10r @Kshatriya87
More like North Korea and South Korea.

We are a booming great power while they are an anarchic state with nukes and a threat to humanity in the whole world.

Pakis should be happy that they haven't been nukes by us or Israel or USA.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Do we have a plan here or just getting fooled what is the govement thinking, are we gonna use this for our own benefit.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
More like North Korea and South Korea.

We are a booming great power while they are an anarchic state with nukes and a threat to humanity in the whole world.

Pakis should be happy that they haven't been nukes by us or Israel or USA.
North Korea & South Korea are equal at least in many aspects and both hold the identity of United Korea. I don't think that North Korea has any identity crisis.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
by HT
Imran Khan’s intentions are unclear and don’t matter

Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan (extreme left), cricketer-turned politician Navjot Singh Sidhu and others during the ceremony for Kartarpur corridor, Pakistan on November 28 (PTI)
Imran Khan is right to say a war between India and Pakistan is unlikely as no nuclear power would lose.

It doesn’t, however, mean that peace is about to break out. It also depends on what kind of war we are talking about.

War and peace between enemies who’ve fought four wars on various scales in seven decades, continue a low-intensity conflict through most of these, and have existential fears about each other is too serious and complex an issue to be analysed in terms of events and speeches. Analysts — peaceniks and warmongers — on both sides have made that error often enough in the past.

I am no exception. Over the 33 years since my first reporting visit to Pakistan (summer of 1985, to cover the trial of Sikh hijackers of an Indian Airlines plane), I have over-read the situation more than once, on the positive and the negative side. That, despite the fact that I have probably spent more time in Pakistan as a journalist than most in Indian media.

It takes you time — and patience — to appreciate the many unresolved ideological and political issues underlying our hostility. It is fashionable but juvenile to make comparisons with France and Germany. Imran is only the latest to use it, not the first. Nothing can be lazier. Neither France nor Germany was born by a division of the other. They fought many wars, but one was defeated with finality. Europe spent decades dismantling its toxic nationalism. There was America as the Big Daddy supervising this, and guaranteeing Western Europe protection.

To put it brutally: This peace wasn’t reached because good sense descended on both sides. It is because one was defeated, devastated, divided and occupied by the world’s biggest powers. The first and the last opportunity for India-Pakistan peace was the Simla Agreement. We know who was insincere from the moment the agreement was signed.

This is precisely when Zulfikar Ali Bhutto (an elected, civilian leader with the vanquished Army deflated) launched Pakistan on to the path of pan-Islamisation and nuclearisation. He dissed that great Simla opportunity for permanent peace as a humiliating Treaty of Versailles and began preparing for a “thousand-year war” (his early 1970s boast, repeated about two decades later by his daughter as prime minister). Bhutto Senior wanted it to be a war Pakistan would never lose again. Hence the nukes.

That’s the reason Imran Khan can stand at a solemn religious celebration and remind the much bigger India that its conventional military power amounts to nothing.

Bhutto founded this post-1971 strategic doctrine. Let’s call it the ‘we-shall-never-lose-another-war to India’ doctrine. We could argue that Pakistan lost in Kargil. But the nukes closed India’s options. Or a provocation like that would have invited a full military response.

By the time Bhutto was done re-toxifying his country, his Army was set to reclaim power. It has gone through challenges, particularly from two full-majority governments under Nawaz Sharif. But now the template is set. An elected government is allowed as an optical necessity. Foreign, strategic, India-US-China policies, control of the nukes, temperature in Kashmir, Afghanistan are all out of the syllabus for elected governments.

In their own different ways, both Benazir Bhutto and Nawaz Sharif challenged it. One paid for it with prison, exile and life. The other with prison more than once, even with key family members, exile and disenfranchisement.

Imran won’t make a pretence. Since Zia’s assassination and the return of some democracy, his is the first government elected and set up entirely with the institutional Army patronage. His party is truly the King’s Party in Pakistan’s politics. To ensure his election, the guy most likely to win was barred from contesting, campaigning, jailed with his daughter and son-in-law. The numbers Imran still fell short of were “arranged” overnight. Of course, his patrons were humane enough to free his rivals once the mission was accomplished. Imran isn’t about to make the blunder of his predecessors, and challenge the fauji-democracy template of divided powers. Or what an exasperated Nawaz Sharif described to me once as “aadha teetar, aadha bater” (half a partridge, half a quail).

Don’t be judgemental about Imran. Be realistic. On my first visit to Pakistan, eminent Pakistani lawyer, politician and activist, Aitzaz Ahsan, had described Zia’s party-less Muhammad Khan Junejo government as “bonsai democracy”. Pretty to look from outside, but never allowed to grow roots and branches outside of its little shelf-space.

Over the decades, Pakistan has cemented that template. One who challenges it, goes to jail, exile, death or all three. Imran Khan is smart. In all evidence so far, he’s Pakistan’s first volunteer bonsai. His intentions are unclear and don’t matter. His limitations do, and these are clear.

That’s the fundamental reality to remember before we get breathless over a gesture, an event, a speech, a pilgrimage.

cyclops

Country flag
Didn't want to spoil day with nonsense but found it entertaining.:p
Hope good ties don't have to wait till Sidhu turns PM: Imran Khan

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan addresses the groundbreaking ceremony for the Kartarpur Corridor in Kartarpur. (AFP photo)
HIGHLIGHTS
  • Pak PM Imran Khan was addressing the gathering at the ground breaking ceremony of the Kartarpur Corridor
  • Kartarpur corridor seeks to allow Indian pilgrims swifter access to the Sikh shrine that marks the final resting place of Guru Nanak

Two U-turn masters together.:)
Maybe both these idiots think that the geopolitics of the region is as simple as an India napakistan cricket match.
One side wins, the game ends, both teams shake hands and everyone goes back home; there's no realpoltik, there aren't any foreign players with stakes in the game and no paki military ready to birth out a coup the moment there's even a whisper of "peace", whatever in the f**k that means.

prohumanity

Country flag
Paki is losing the war each passing day if its economy keep down slowly .....if this slow downward trend continues for another 3 to 5 years...Paki will be at a place where it will have to give up "the kashmir song" and "terrorism promotion movie"
Danger to India is not from likes of Imran Khan but from traitors like Sidhu..the buddhu.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Imran is presiding over a depleting economy. He will be done with by the army if he tries to control army budget which is one of the likely condition of IMF. Hence he will be remembered as a dead Prime Minister walking.

He wants Navjot Sidhu to be india’s Prime minister so that India goes down like his country. Nay...... it would not happen. Indians are too dam smart except the duo of Rahul and Sonia.

suny6611

Country flag
Will Congress project Sidhu as PM candidate? It's not as ridiculous as it sounds.
well he is a billion times "intelligent" than what congress projects.:rofl:

i believe few years back all jokes on this sect were banded(?) as there was a chotta beem lover :doh::frusty: available, who did & showed off all the jokes to be true on himself :crazy:

Yggdrasil

Country flag
There are only two explanations for Sidhu's behaviour:

1) He's a complete useless spineless Porki lover like 99% of all Congressis OR
2) He is a Trojan Horse sent by Modi, under Congressi cover because that's more credible from the Porki POV

#2 is unlikely, but believable. Remember him joining Congress was also very strange - it was a sudden move, and he has repeatedly made absurd statements that are so servile about Sonia and Pappu that they almost seem like a parody.

I don't think Modi and Doval are stupid enough to open the Kartarpur corridor without considering all angles.

Remember, it was Modi himself who compared the opening of the corridor to the coming down of the Berlin Wall. And what exactly happened that caused the Wall to come down? It wasn't two equal countries mergining into one, but the complete ideological dissolution of one that was nearly bankrupt. It wiped out East Germany as a political entity.

Maybe it's just a conspiracy theory, but maybe there's something there we don't know about?

Vishwamitra

Country flag
I don't understand why "some" Punjabis literally butt lick Pakistanis. Just few dacades ago they were slaughtering their fathers in the name of arabic religion.

I live in Kathiyawar and my mothers side is from Southern Sindh yet you will never find any Gujarati or Rajasthani building bridges or Going over the top with these Pakis. Even though founder of pakistan, Jinnah was from our Kathiyawar region !

Make uo your mind already.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles