Naval LCA Tejas

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

I don't know exactly ..but still no country used a Single engine Fighter in their carriers

except the French super eternerd and they too soon going to retire it

what I'm thinking is Navy may use Tejas from sea shore air bases and Andaman Island

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Navy using it from sea shore basis is a good idea....
But then IAF will surely be angry ....
Yes not many nations, on the contrary as you said only one nation has used it actually the french....(ignoring F35(I hate F35 concept) totally :) which can be operated but not yet proved )....

but i don't see why it cannot be used...

what is your uncertainty about ?

I don't know exactly ..but still no country used a Single engine Fighter in their carriers

except the French super eternerd and they too soon going to retire it

what I'm thinking is Navy may use Tejas from sea shore air bases and Andaman Island

Dhairya Yadav

I was not calling you a liar....
and its not common sense when you generalize the statement.....
When it comes to single engine fighter aircrafts I am also not a fan ....
Double engine aircraft are always safer....

but when you say single engine aircraft is not fit or cannot be or should not be operated on aircraft carriers its not true....

Secondly CATOBAR or STOBAR and both arrested recovery based,,,, one is catapult and other is ski jump based.... in both the cases lighter the aircraft better it is...
Single Engine(Keeping latest tech engine tech in mind which has made engine quite safe) are being made due to decrease in weight and cost mainly....

GE 404 is one of the most reliable .... but the change asked was due to weight to power ratio IN wanted hence 414....
Tejas with GE 404 has been operational at test facility in Goa ....

Its different from when you are operating in sea, but it do give you confidence to operate it......

What do you mean when you say F414 is powerful but not that powerful what do you think was wanted?
What do you mean by these fighters can operate from STOBAR, but in routine they will not be suited.????
F414 is for MK2 which will be much bigger and heavier than MK1. I meant that even though they have more thrust, the weight ratio wouldnt see a big enough difference.
Secondly, in emergencies, when no choice is left but to operate tejas, it can be operated but then it would depend on skills of pilot on how to operate on carrier. A rookie pilot would face much difficulty in that scenario. Thus, it is not suited for routine sorties. I thought this last part was unneccesary so i edited it out.

Dhairya Yadav

Just to add to the F35 point ... I Hate F35 concept and I cannot imagine it being used by India at any point of time along with Rafale......
F35 was disaster the day it was decided that it will be single platform for all the types of forces.....
that means I cannot imagine how many requirements ...... and how many issues and how many compromises....

but thats my thinking ... still many companies backing it ... and many experts claiming its the best....
i completely agree with you. And i can certainly tell its not the best, but can be considered as a 'Jack of All Trades' . It is riddled with compromises as each country hasd different requirments.

Pulkit

Country flag
F414 is for MK2 which will be much bigger and heavier than MK1. I meant that even though they have more thrust, the weight ratio wouldnt see a big enough difference.
Secondly, in emergencies, when no choice is left but to operate tejas, it can be operated but then it would depend on skills of pilot on how to operate on carrier. A rookie pilot would face much difficulty in that scenario. Thus, it is not suited for routine sorties. I thought this last part was unneccesary so i edited it out.
I have no idea what are you tryin to convey.....

Defense preparations are always aimed for emergency situations.... regular sorties are done to be war ready.... so to be ready for emergency you need to do all those sorties....

MK2 will yes be bigger heavier with more power... what will be the difference in weight to power ratio is yet to be known..... but IN has that requirement to have better ratio so it will be better for sure(Fingers crossed)....

more hours for pilot in air more prepared he/she will be.....
how do you think skills of pilot will be developed with that,,,,,,
skill of Pilot can do impossible possible but .... Pilot and Aircraft in air are one they must be in sync with each other.....

Pulkit

Country flag
i completely agree with you. And i can certainly tell its not the best, but can be considered as a 'Jack of All Trades' . It is riddled with compromises as each country hasd different requirments.

Jack of All Trades is not enough when it comes to war....
its life and death.....
Its pride and honor of each and every countrymen.....
Yes it is riddled with compromises......
I don't know/understand how can it justify use need req of each and every force....

Thanks for agreeing with me...... :)

suny6611

Country flag
what IAF needs is Mk2...so they r using Mk1 as trainer ,so as to minimum time that is needed for the pilots to start flying the Mk2.
154 Mk2 r to be delivered to IAF & 46 to IN. By the time 1st Mk2 will be ready ... IAF & IN will have the required number of pilots trained (on Mk1).

it is just a time saving.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

I don't know what pitched you about F 35 both of you @Pulkit and @Dhairya Yadav

As I say Simple In 2025

all the non F 35 Countries or Anti American countries will Learn how to deal with F 35

F 35 is most advanced fighter for multirole with more capable of Ground Strike and Medium Capable of Air to Air Combat in The 5 th gen Planes compared to both Operational and under development

I sure Who are all blaming F 35 one day it will nightmare you

Last edited by a moderator:

Pulkit

Country flag
F22 was supposedly the same weapon which you are trying to say F35 is.....

F35 is a great 5th gen... but the concept is totally flawed.....

When you talk about nightmares yes it will be a nightmare just like Rafale is for me.... :p

FGFA/PAK fA/T-50 wat ever you call it India Russian JV if ... if ... if raises it bar and put more pressure on it .... by 2025 it will be a nightmare for those in F35 or F22.....

F35 is as old as Tejas.... where as FGFA PakFa perspective is new....It will surely be equivalent to what F35 is said to be.....

Talk to any one who worked on designing A/C he/she will tell you .... Even if all the req of all the forces are met .... it wont be the best.... it simply can't b the best.....

I don't know what pitched you about F 35 both of you @Pulkit and @Dhairya Yadav

As I say Simple In 2025

all the non F 35 Countries or Anti American countries will Learn how to deal with F 35

F 35 is most advanced fighter for multirole with more capable of Ground Strike and Medium Capable of Air to Air Combat in The 5 th gen Planes compared to both Operational and under development

I sure Who are all blaming F 35 one day it will nightmare you

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhairya Yadav

I have no idea what are you tryin to convey.....

Defense preparations are always aimed for emergency situations.... regular sorties are done to be war ready.... so to be ready for emergency you need to do all those sorties....

MK2 will yes be bigger heavier with more power... what will be the difference in weight to power ratio is yet to be known..... but IN has that requirement to have better ratio so it will be better for sure(Fingers crossed)....

more hours for pilot in air more prepared he/she will be.....
how do you think skills of pilot will be developed with that,,,,,,
skill of Pilot can do impossible possible but .... Pilot and Aircraft in air are one they must be in sync with each other.....
i know this. thats why i edited it out. i didnt wanted to convey the last pt. I thought about it later only.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
F22 was supposedly the same weapon which you are trying to say F35 is.....

F35 is a great 5th gen... but the concept is totally flawed.....

When you talk about nightmares yes it will be a nightmare just like Rafale is for me.... :p

FGFA/PAK fA/T-50 wat ever you call it India Russian JV if ... if ... if raises it bar and put more pressure on it .... by 2025 it will be a nightmare for those in F35 or F22.....

F35 is as old as Tejas.... where as FGFA PakFa perspective is new....It will surely be equivalent to what F35 is said to be.....

Talk to any one who worked on designing A/C he/she will tell you .... Even if all the req of all the forces are met .... it wont be the best.... it simply can't b the best.....

your Kind advice to countries who ordered F 35.especially South Korea and Israel

Dhairya Yadav

your Kind advice to countries who ordered F 35.especially South Korea and Israel
nobody wanted F35. Japan, Israel actually wanted F22. But as US declined, they made a compromise and selected F35 instead. Its a good fighter, but not a great fighter.

Pulkit

Country flag
I am no expert to suggest anything my friend.... Its about having faith in what your nation is building....

You were saying of being scared so i gave another view to it a different angle...

Regarding F35 the order size is decreasing ... everyone knows... only Aussies accepted it.... US experts them selves are doubting its capability....

Story of F22 is out open.... everyone knows that...

They have based an entire a/c depending on stealth ... how capable it is in the age when RADARs are growing/more powerful.....

as we all know there is nothing like 100% stealth....

It has no brilliant speed extraordinary .... can't turn fast enuf... not enuf wing size to help turn.... cant do ground support as the sheet used to make SKin is very thin....

cannot stay over one place for long....

South Korea and Israel and all have put alot of money into it a lot of jobs are depending upon it.... so thats what i will say for it...
Israel will do anything to be in good books with US... reason world known....

Pulkit

Country flag
nobody wanted F35. Japan, Israel actually wanted F22. But as US declined, they made a compromise and selected F35 instead. Its a good fighter, but not a great fighter.
F22 is a far bigger disaster .... economic .... its a brilliant machine ... designed for one role.... Air superiority..... not like F35 who so ever needs a aircraft can send there feedbacks in and we will absorb all the requirements.......

Pulkit

Country flag
i know this. thats why i edited it out. i didnt wanted to convey the last pt. I thought about it later only.
:thumb:

Its ok.... my friend .... just convey it out.... :rofl::laugh:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
I'm leaving because I found nothing in your Comments keep float your Boat

and Good Luck

power_monger

Country flag
But does these countries have other option? Israel is dependent on US on varius issues like defence funding,joint ventures and technology subjects. israel can hardly afford to agonise US by rejecting its fighter aircraft.Same goes with South korea.

US has invested heavily in Stealth which is basically a weakness of others system(radars) and not inherent strength of the fighter itself. Any advancement in Long wavelength radars can easily reduce F-35 to sitting ducks. Signal processing is advancing at a high pace and i doubt F-35 can retain its stealth advantage by 2025.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
But does these countries have other option? Israel is dependent on US on varius issues like defence funding,joint ventures and technology subjects. israel can hardly afford to agonise US by rejecting its fighter aircraft.Same goes with South korea.

US has invested heavily in Stealth which is basically a weakness of others system(radars) and not inherent strength of the fighter itself. Any advancement in Long wavelength radars can easily reduce F-35 to sitting ducks. Signal processing is advancing at a high pace and i doubt F-35 can retain its stealth advantage by 2025.
Israel Get lot from French their post fighters are mainly from France

Read about Korean KF X Program

They have lot other options. Countries chooses fighters for their Needs not for their Ally's happiness

sgarg

Did they build the single seat naval Tejas - NP-2? What is the status with that?

Though I feel two seat model is more suited to Navy's operational requirements. (Attack on enemy shipping).

Global Defence

New threads

Articles