Naval LCA Tejas

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Can you do me a favor and not f'ing respond to my posts (is there a way to block you)?
It's fricking annoying to have to respond to your brain dead commentary!!!
Go read some basic physics and math first!! Actually learn to read first (as is obvious that you can't)!! Like a monkey you keep slamming on your keyboard!!!
I am not keen to respond to your trash. But the way you speak in overconfident manner, abusing everyone and stating only bullshit can contribute to spreading misinformation. So, I just respond to cast away the misinformation

Enquirer

I am not keen to respond to your trash. But the way you speak in overconfident manner, abusing everyone and stating only bullshit can contribute to spreading misinformation. So, I just respond to cast away the misinformation
Classic case of 'projection'; that too using borrowed words! Shameful!

kamaal

Country flag
"see"???
You don't seem to have any idea about propagation & 'antenna theory' vis-a-vis RF radiation!!
Radar waves can travel in (even in the curved) air duct as it acts as a "wave guide". Similarly the re-radiated energy (from the blades) can travel back out of the air duct!!!
So answer one thing, which design will reflect the waves more often
i) One which has visible blades OR
ii) Without visible blade.

The re-radiated waves can be handled properly with suitable air intake design, I don't know whether LCA has such design but I do know one basic thing that avoid the contact between radar waves & engine blade can help in reducing the RCS of planes.

Wasn't this the reason those 5th gen jet are going for serpentine air-intake design ?

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Pm
"see"???
You don't seem to have any idea about propagation & 'antenna theory' vis-a-vis RF radiation!!
Radar waves can travel in (even in the curved) air duct as it acts as a "wave guide". Similarly the re-radiated energy (from the blades) can travel back out of the air duct!!!
Radar travelling in a curved surface will only deduce the energy the nos of time it bounced from the surface, making a two way journey decreases the wave energy significantly, clutter and side lobes add noise on the antenna than any positive antenna gain.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Funding will be limited to the MK1 version of NLCA though, because the MK2 version was based on operational requirements of IN, which now are not necessary anymore. As a tech demonstrator NLCA needs to prove ski-jump take offs and arrested landings at INS Hansa, as well as test naval radar and avionics. You don't need a costly MK2 development for that. For AMCA, the benefits will be limited as well, since the design of the fighter will be too different, too make use of common parts, or use the experience. AMCA's stealth design for example, has different aerodynamics, which will have different effects on carrier operations.
FOr building prototype of NLCA MK2 called NP4 is being constructed in the naval fighter configuration. Two additional NP4, NP6 is also being constructed and will complete the landing and other operations left for a naval aircraft.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Up next- High speed engagement of the arrester wire at SBTF. Being informed @nsitharaman revived this shelved project.

Oh yeah, that’s the stuff. Despite presstitutes’ hopes and wishes this project continues on.

How many nations in the world can claim to be able to develop their own fighter let alone a carrier fighter? Even if it isn’t 100% perfect, even if it doesn’t match the latest and greatest product from the West it is still something to
Be exceptionally proud of and to cheer on, instead Indian mentality is to deride it and those trying to make something almost impossible happen.

Enquirer

Up next- High speed engagement of the arrester wire at SBTF. Being informed @nsitharaman revived this shelved project.

Nice incremental step.

I would think the next step would be to do a high-speed taxi on the runway and arrest via the hook-cable (unless this part is already completed)

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Oh yeah, that’s the stuff. Despite presstitutes’ hopes and wishes this project continues on.
Does this even come close to having a possibility of an order being placed?
How many nations in the world can claim to be able to develop their own fighter let alone a carrier fighter?
Even if they don't have the capability to build one they have bought them. We now have the capability which is hindering new procurement and ordering them.
Even if it isn’t 100% perfect, even if it doesn’t match the latest and greatest product from the West it is still something
This is the reason why I called it hindrance, it poses a threat a dilemma of buying from outside or placing an order.
to Be exceptionally proud of and to cheer on, instead Indian mentality is to deride it and those trying to make something almost impossible happen.
The squadron size is depreciating and I have lost all my trust in HAL, ADA and MOD. These little hopes can only cheer us but cannot help our soldiers to fight battles for us.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Even if they don't have the capability to build one they have bought them. We now have the capability which is hindering new procurement and ordering them.
No one wins wars with borrowed weapons in limited numbers. Tejas Navy is not for procurement but to develop technology which will be used in future planes. India does not have the experience in designing a plane which can land and take off from a carrier. So, Tejas MK1 is a technology demonstrator. Once technology is obtained, it can be incorporated into a new design quickly.

The squadron size is depreciating and I have lost all my trust in HAL, ADA and MOD. These little hopes can only cheer us but cannot help our soldiers to fight battles for us
Only a retard would bother about squadron strength and procedures. The requirement is to have sufficient strength to resist any short term aggression and to have sufficient ability to procure weapons in the medium term to meet any external build up. India makes Su30 fully inhouse and also makes the imperfect tejas plane in case a need arises to mass manufacture the planes due to external build up whereas India has sufficient strength to stop any external aggression with the current level of build ups. This is enough

Pulkit

Country flag
No one wins wars with borrowed weapons in limited numbers.
I never got this quote exactly. We have won few wars in the past.... How many weapons were made in house. This is just a saying to have some satisfaction whereas wars are won by weapons Made, bought, borrowed or event stolen.
Tejas Navy is not for procurement but to develop technology which will be used in future planes.
Yes it is and the question you ignored was is it nearing an order any time soon?
India does not have the experience in designing a plane which can land and take off from a carrier. So, Tejas MK1 is a technology demonstrator. Once technology is obtained, it can be incorporated into a new design quickly.
How quickly do you think that can happen? Given the track record of ADA HAL DRDO....a decade or two?
Only a retard would bother about squadron strength and procedures.
hmmmm.... one ignorant enough to put a whole nation in danger would be a bigger retard.....
The requirement is to have sufficient strength to resist any short term aggression and to have sufficient ability to procure weapons in the medium term to meet any external build up.

India makes Su30 fully inhouse and also makes the imperfect tejas plane in case a need arises to mass manufacture the planes due to external build up whereas India has sufficient strength to stop any external aggression with the current level of build ups. This is enough
In Kargil we went to Israelis to get weapons, correct me if I am wrong. Your domestic industry is not capable to run on war mode. it cannot even produce as per its capacity in the peace times let alone in the wars.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
I never got this quote exactly. We have won few wars in the past.... How many weapons were made in house. This is just a saying to have some satisfaction whereas wars are won by weapons Made, bought, borrowed or event stolen.
Do you what winning a war is? It means after winning there is n more enemy left. What happened in Kargil etc was just a skirmish and the war still continues. Kargil victory did not end the hostility nt did it give peace permanently. These are called battles, not wars. War is about hostile intention and objectives, not maintenance of status quo.

How quickly do you think that can happen? Given the track record of ADA HAL DRDO....a decade or two?
When was DRDO or HAL given opportunity to get results? Also, the pace at which DRDO and HAL developed weapons when funds sanctioned is quite good and at par with international level. You ca't expect magic at fast pace with no funding.

In Kargil we went to Israelis to get weapons, correct me if I am wrong. Your domestic industry is not capable to run on war mode. it cannot even produce as per its capacity in the peace times let alone in the war
In 1999, India was unprepared for war and had been living like fools. That is not the case today. India has developed a lot of technology and can make weapons. In 1999 India had very little weapons technology. to manufacture. Comparing 1999 with today without considering the other facts is not meaningful. Today India makes Su30 and Tejas and the speed of manufacturing is deliberately kept low as the intention is not to win war but to buy time

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
Most of the media and naysayers were in full force after adverse comments on LCA navy by Naval chief ,more or less assumed that project is abadoned but this arrestor fitted ,will commence the real aircraft carrier tests in the sea ,we'll see the naysayers then.

Pulkit

Country flag
Do you what winning a war is? It means after winning there is n more enemy left. What happened in Kargil etc was just a skirmish and the war still continues. Kargil victory did not end the hostility nt did it give peace permanently. These are called battles, not wars. War is about hostile intention and objectives, not maintenance of status quo.
Your understanding of war is different from mine. For me war is that the enemy no longer has capability, ability, strength, courage to even challenge one. It can be result of several battles being won or fought ove a due period of time or by making powerful enough. No one having a decent economy and resources challenges US as of Today militarily because they have enough firepower to ground any nation in the world. For me that's winning war. there are few places they themselves went but were not challenged.
When was DRDO or HAL given opportunity to get results?
When were they not?
Also, the pace at which DRDO and HAL developed weapons when funds sanctioned is quite good and at par with international level.
you must be kidding here my friend, they are not even close. check the list of projects that were actually completed. Then check if they met the requirements and the time frame or not. I am a Tejas and Arjun Fan and I do criticize forces to keep changing requirements but even DRDO HAL AND ADA did not do their job properly had they been on time no one would have looked fro alternative and the whole middleman bribes kick backs would have come into place.
You ca't expect magic at fast pace with no funding.
I though you said they had good funding. I don't have the figures but I believe that the funds must have been there .... Babus Tea and snacks are costly.
In 1999, India was unprepared for war and had been living like fools. That is not the case today. India has developed a lot of technology and can make weapons. In 1999 India had very little weapons technology. to manufacture. Comparing 1999 with today without considering the other facts is not meaningful. Today India makes Su30 and Tejas and the speed of manufacturing is deliberately kept low as the intention is not to win war but to buy time
Again, I donot understand they counter you said.
Nothing has changed on ground since Kargil.....

1) Guns ???
2) Helis ???
3) Aircrafts ???
4) Submarines???
5) ATGM???
6) Ammunation???
7) Tanks???

They are still years away from being procured in the amount required, let alone being built in house.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
In Kargil we went to Israelis to get weapons, correct me if I am wrong. Your domestic industry is not capable to run on war mode. it cannot even produce as per its capacity in the peace times let alone in the wars.
Its because we always act retrospectively and dont plan ahead. Till 1999 nobody had imagined that Pakis could occupy heights en masse, we wont be able to detect them and we would have to fight to evict them. Its not that we dint have weapons to fight in Kargil. IAF did not have the abilty to lock on the occupied posts on hilltops so we only asked Israel for Laser designating pods for Mirage planes. Carpet bombing or use of dumb bombs was an ineffective thing to do. Other than that Israelis helped us in UAV feed and intel gathering only. Hope u also remember the Bofors guns which screwed Pakis to hell that they begged US to ask India to stop the war. We fought our own war. Israelies or French didnt.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Your understanding of war is different from mine. For me war is that the enemy no longer has capability, ability, strength, courage to even challenge one. It can be result of several battles being won or fought ove a due period of time or by making powerful enough. No one having a decent economy and resources challenges US as of Today militarily because they have enough firepower to ground any nation in the world. For me that's winning war. there are few places they themselves went but were not challenged.
There is no my understanding or your understanding of war. War means hostility an it could be cold war too, not just violent war. Cat and mouse game is also war. The enemy may not have the strength to challenge one today but may have the strength to challenge tomorrow. That is still a problem. However, if there is no permanent enemy, there is none who will challenge

you must be kidding here my friend, they are not even close. check the list of projects that were actually completed. Then check if they met the requirements and the time frame or not. I am a Tejas and Arjun Fan and I do criticize forces to keep changing requirements but even DRDO HAL AND ADA did not do their job properly had they been on time no one would have looked fro alternative and the whole middleman bribes kick backs would have come into place.
Time frame of projects are unrealistic and not in compliance with international standards. Hence they will fail. Timeline can't be set arbitrarily without proper understanding of time taken by others and also the funding required from time to time. The only reason India did not complete project was either because funds were cut by traitorous governments or specifications changed to prolong the project or because the initial timeline was shorter than international standards and even if funds give, the time was not enough.

Again, I donot understand they counter you said.
Nothing has changed on ground since Kargil.....

1) Guns ???
2) Helis ???
3) Aircrafts ???
4) Submarines???
5) ATGM???
6) Ammunation???
7) Tanks???

They are still years away from being procured in the amount required, let alone being built in house.
1) The INSAS 1B1 guns were developed to undo the flaws of jamming and other guns like MCIWS, sniper etc have been made.
2) ALH, LCH are fully finctioning and under profuction. Engines are also being developed which will be completed by 2020-21
3) Su30 is made fully in India as well as tejas is being made in limited numbers
4) Scorpene submarine is 50% indigenous and the indigenous content will increase over time and eventually become 100% by 2023-24. Arihant class nuclear submarine is fully indian and it will be further improved into SSN and SSBN
5) ATGM of NAG, Helina have been developed and under user trials
6) Ammunition is being made in India and imports are minimal
7) T90 has been indigenised fully including engine, ammunition and ERA and it is being made in india.

You live in a cave or are fully deranged to think that despite all these developments, you claim that they are not even built in house!

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Why?
Indian Navy don't want it !
It will not be bought but it will be used as a platform for developing technology which will be used in other planes in the future. Subsystems and items like hooks, hardened fuselage etc are just plug and play

Pulkit

Country flag
Its because we always act retrospectively and dont plan ahead.
we are still doing the same underestimating our enemy.
Till 1999 nobody had imagined that Pakis could occupy heights en masse, we wont be able to detect them and we would have to fight to evict them.
What the guarantee that they cannot come up again with something that can surprise us?
Its not that we dint have weapons to fight in Kargil. IAF did not have the abilty to lock on the occupied posts on hilltops so we only asked Israel for Laser designating pods for Mirage planes. Carpet bombing or use of dumb bombs was an ineffective thing to do. Other than that Israelis helped us in UAV feed and intel gathering only.
They gave us weapons and intel.Okay agreed.
Hope u also remember the Bofors guns which screwed Pakis to hell that they begged US to ask India to stop the war. We fought our own war. Israelies or French didnt.
We fought the war with the help the gave us. without those pods and intel it would have got dirtier.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles